Forex Price Action

[QUOTE=“Edmo;515535”]Hey guys, did anyone join in short EURUSD… Like Jonathon, am not trading news… Good MM, input patience, days, weeks… Safe trade.[/QUOTE]

Yes I’m short EU - may close before NFM

Well, I will not and gonna hold on at least 2 weeks.

[QUOTE=“Edmo;515539”]Well, I will not and gonna hold on at least 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

My feeling was a long term hold down to about 1.27720 but been caught by NFM before. My felling is NFM will be better than expected but that’s only a feeling.

Hey guys,

Why not trading Oil during the news instead? :stuck_out_tongue:

I closed my long position on USOil and went short since price tested the upper resistance and formed a BEEB (did not engulf the previous candles wick though). If price continues down it may start a range…

Looking good so far.

Whats your collected view on engulfing bars? Scrolling through the internet, there are 1000 different opinions. Many say the engulfing bar has to engulf both the wick and body of the previous candle and the rest that only the body has to be engulfed.

:33:

Make it a nice weekend everybody!

Hi Matthgam, NFM has been played out :slight_smile: Bullish shutup, but I believe its very temporary. The trend is gonna continue down next week, watch out.

Yes i am trading live.

[QUOTE=“Edmo;515563”]Hi Matthgam, NFM has been played out :slight_smile: Bullish shutup, but I believe its very temporary. The trend is gonna continue down next week, watch out.[/QUOTE]

I’m still there too - out of interest, what’s your stop and target?

At the moment non. Have to thin about it next week too.

I love your trade! It just looks perfect!

Ok, for the price action teaches here, its not and engulfing bar, for engulfing bar, the tail and body of the candle must fully engulf the previous candle. Yours more like a 2 Bar reversal which is great! 2 Bar reversal is like a pin bar over two sessions. For yours, it looks perfect to me. Good job on the Oil, i think it likes you lol. Although we dont really trade reversals, at least for me, it is a good trade IMO. Just take note that OIL is going up strong so be careful!

Wish you lots of PIPS!

Jack

i had been long on eurusd for the past few weeks then yesterday after the bearish engulfing candle closed on the daily i switched my trade to sell. woke up this morning and now price is heading up again. i think i need to wait until the end of the week next time so the pa on both the daily and weekly have time to solidify before entering

yesterday the eurusd weekly looked like it was forming a perfect engulfing bar / 2bar setup to go short, as of this writing that setup is no more and the ‘perfect setup’ on the daily has also been wiped (should have been looser with my stops, luckily only my stop on usdchf was hit and i’m still long on eurusd)

Hi all,

just something to clarify about. I’ve been wondering… When should a trade be placed? the TF i would be more interested in would be the 4H and daily. Close to the candle close time? if so, how close to closing time? an hour or 2 for daily?

is that why its called end of day trading? please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Gold had a massive move today, there is now a giant pin bar on the daily, does this count or is it too close to resistance above? Still getting the hang of this :slight_smile: Great thread so far, many thanks for keeping it going guys!

Cheers
Adam

If i understand you correctly, you mean that when should we place a trade?

We place trade after that particular candle has closed. Either 4Hr or Daily or Anytime frame. You can place immediately after the candle close or you can place later if you think the spread is too big (especially during Daily Candle closes). However, we do nt place if the trade has already on its way.

Jack

Yes. thanks for the reply. that is what i am trying to clarify. but now, what would define a trade as “already on its way”?

Thanks again!

good question, this is one i will probably take on sunday. i am in est time zone so market opens at 5pm. spreads are too high at friday close i think

Most traders try to close positions before the week end, not opening them. Allot of things can happen during the week end , but to each his own, just saying.

What i meant was if the trade already took off then we should not be entering. No problem man :slight_smile:

Gold 8hr bueb

Shane, I have encountered this problem several times and I think you must look and trade them separately and trade that pair which trend is more clear.For me it is GbpChf.

Sometimes if i want to take an added risk, i would trade both pairs at the same time in the same direction before the report comes out. That is called a straddle, when the report comes out close the loosing pair quickly, and ride the winning one.