Forex Price Action

Ooh… Cool! :slight_smile: I had no idea…

Everything is possible, but it would be harder than making an EA scan for candlestick patterns. It would probably require a fair chunk of AI.

One thing to consider though is if it’s really worth the effort? When you trade daily and H4 charts it really doesn’t have to take a lot of time to manage your trades.

Nice spot mate. I didn’t take this but I know Johnathon a few others over on the private forum did and it’s turned out nicely so far.

Did you take it and if so how did/are you managing it?

I’m a C++ programmer and I have made some simple EA before

To make bearish or bullish pin bar is easy but to make support or resistance line is hard.

I have asked before how to do this but I haven’t gotten satisfying answer yet

Usually there are mql programmer who will make a ea for you for free on internet right ?

In one of the forum in my country they will make an ea for you for free if you request it and as long as your explanation about the ea is clear…

Yes, I agree its possible to put everything into an ea including price action.

I know the best EA in the world…it’s called your brain. Haha.

I understand you are just answering the post but seriously where did all this talk about EA’s come from? This method is the very antithesis of EA’s. This is about using the top 2 inches upstairs and NOT relying on anything mechanical to trade.

Whenever folks start asking about EA’s it gets me worried because I wonder just how dedicated they are to learning how to trade this way. It seems,well I hate to use the word, but I will anyway…lazy.

As has been stated already below it shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes day to scan your Daily and H4 charts.

Hi, guys this is my 5th post in this thread.

I’m still new to price action even though I’ve been trading with indicators for two years, in overall I didn’t get or lose anything, recently I have been able to pay up for my losses in the past so finally from minus I came back to zero.

I follow this thread and I have read it until page 25 and I train with 20 $ real account in Insta where 0,01 lot have 100 unit so its ten times smaller than normal lot ( if I only use 0,01 lot I’ll have 2000 pips defense, enough to train ).

Recently I opened my first trade based on the price action on this thread, even though I’m not sure I made the wise decision but I got 30+ pips profit.

But I’m still confuse about how to put take profit and stop loss in here because I haven’t read about it yet ?

Recently I just read about Fibonacci, do we put our take profit on Fibonacci Line ?

Can anyone give me example how to put take profit in here ?

Sorry, English is not my main language…

You can use Fibo’s to mark profit or existing Support and Resistance zones are also good places to mark out profit taking opportunities.

Great trading Pedramslhr!

This was a solid 2 day False break Pin Bar! Nice spot. How do you intend to manage this one?

Hello,

there are indicators for everything. There are plenty of indicators for things that will alert you when a Pin or EB forms etc or when anything forms for that matters. If your smart enough you can code anything, but the question you should be asking is what is the point?

It literally takes me at maximum 1hr per day to go through all my charts, mark all my levels, enter and manage trades. (Funny you bring this up in here, as I have just completed an article for Monday where I go through a general day in my trading routine). Depending on your EA you would still have to come to your charts anyway to look at the setup as well so you would not be cutting out any of this time and still would be taking just as long as what I am to assess and place/manage trades. Your basically going to be building an EA to be doing the exact same thing as I do with my brain!

The only way you could but down this time would be having a complete EA that does everything from wo to go, including assessing market structure, identifying trades appropriately and then managing them accordingly to how the market is at the time. Super dooper tough ask…

Johnathon

Thank you Johnathon,

I really liked to set 2 orders to trade this setup, but my SL was a little large to do this. So I will move to BE if it reaches the first resistance (0.9030 on daily chart), and the final TP would be the next one (0.92).

Buddy you’ll have to read more than 25 pages to understand more on this PA method of trading. Youve said youve got 2 years experience so you should know a bit about where S/R levels come into play and how they affect price. Logical next step would be to have targets AT those levels to tske profits or keep stops.

Not to be rude or anything but read the thread or search for the answer because im pretty sure its been talked about before. Profit targets and stops with price action are fairly straight forward. There’s no set pip amount so don’t go looking for it.

Haha, no you won’t! :slight_smile:

Embedded in your statement are deep points. You are in a carefree state of mind that Mark Douglas says is essential to trading in the ‘zone’. If you develop now the right attitude toward the market (comes esp in handy when you’ll experience a string of losses), and eliminate any recklessness, you’ll be well on your way my friend :slight_smile:

Make sure you read his book ( Trading in the Zone ), it’s a gem!

Cheers

Aren’t you glad your entry was below the low of the pin?! Saved you from a losing trade :slight_smile:

The level was great; I’d have liked the pin to have a bigger tail ( more commanding ), but all the same, glad no capital was lost

Cheers!

Yes, trading ranges from the extreme boundaries can be really prof$table :slight_smile:

I know I once said that I prefer ranges to trends [ that was because I had never experienced a good proper trend trade!, where you rake in more than you though was possible (aaah, XAUUSD…!) ]. Still ranges can rock, esp since most pairs range more than trend.

I missed this setup (!!), but good job on cleaning up :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Nice spot!

My line is a bit lower than yours ( around 1.68 RN ), but we’re basically hunting in the same grounds!

Let’s see what next week brings…

Once again!, saved from losing trade by having entry above setup. Good job! :slight_smile:

Hallo Mideel, and welcome!

Your English is better than most, no worries there :slight_smile:

As the good people have already intimated, S/Rs and Fibs in the direction of our trade can be used to set TP targets.

With Johno’s method, you prepare the trade plan before even entering the trade.

1. Identify the trade ( S/R zone + PA setup )
  2. Determine entry, SL and TP targets
  3. Based on your SL, do position sizing and determine the lot size to use.
  4. Enter the pending order details into your platform.

All the best

Cheers!

1 Like

Yes, this trade showed to be a real good setup and is already close to hitting my first target again. But i solely based my entry decision on the 4 hour chart. I want to avoid “forcing” a trade by searching for pin bars och engulfing bars on every single time frame. But after i entered the trade i thought it would had to look like a nice pin bar on the HTF which it also did. :slight_smile:

Only looking for this kind of setup on the major pairs would give you 1-3 trades a month i guess. But hey, if 2 of them are winners you will have a pretty nice month.

And remember, i come straight from the 60 minute charts trading advanced patterns and my biggest struggle so far is over trading. So have patience with me, i’ll calm down more over the next weeks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your feedback Jonathon. I would appreciate if you tell me when you do not agree with some of my setups and the reason why. Would help me a lot in my learning progress.

By the way, you’ll see me in your members section soon. Just not yet, since i am to busy with a lot of other projects. But i guess we are talking about end of September. :wink:

Yes i agree with you. It was a risky trade but i used the 4 hour only for the signal and looked at the daily chart for support/resistance. The daily did not show the higher high higher close which we can see on the 4 hour chart and the next support for me was at 1.034’s which gave me a greater risk:reward ratio on my first target than 1:1 which is the minimum requirement for me to enter a trade.

But if i would have taken the trade solely based on the 4 hour chart i totally agree with you.

Thanks for the feedback i appreciate it!

Yes. Using entry orders will save you countless times from trades that do not work out. Fantastic way of having a safety net to protect you from loosing a trade. This is a great example of just that!!