Forex Price Action

Welcome candlewalker!

Inside Bar: No, an IB is NOT considered one of the A+ criteria

Exotics: Personal choice, really. Usually just a select few pairs, coz exotics have high spreads. Personally, I only have USDSGD, AUDSGD, and USDZAR. But PA works the same on them too.

Demo: You don’t need money for a demo, just download one from any of the NY-close brokers and practice on that :slight_smile:

Cheers

Don’t worry mate, as I said I have been there. I tried to make a ton of shortcuts too. All traders do. It is human nature. It is not until you get so burnt and so fed up and you lose so much money that you get the point where it becomes obvious that unless you follow your rules to the absolute T your are going to continue to lose, that’s when you finally go “AHA”.

pepperstone and axitrader demos have a 30 day limit but ic markets demos are unlimited

True.

HotForex also have unlimited demo.

By the way, one can request to have a demo turned to unlimited (from the broker support desk/email)

Apparently the reason why (some) set the 30day demo limit is to “cleanup” the number of a/c’s on their demo servers (instead of having lots of unused accounts taking resources that could be re-used). Then of course there are those who do it just to push you to open a live account…

Thanks dude. I’m going have a look at Pepperstone when i have the time. Anyho, I have gone through a few pages of the thread in recent days, and I have found that some of you actually went against the trend but still profitable at the end of the day. How should you determine whether you should trade a counter trend or not? I mean it did fulfill all the requirements of an A+ setup in terms of price action but the only thing is it is a counter trend. What makes you so sure that it will hit your take profit level? Is it wise to practice this? Is this what u called years of experience of recognizing price action or common sense? :slight_smile:

Woo-hoo! I’m up and running till the page 200-ish of this thread! This thread is a pure gold, I solemnly vow to read and try to understand everything till the very last of the page. I don’t care if it takes me weeks to finish it, I’m pretty sure I have invested my time the right way this time. :smiley:

NOW, let’s get down to business. I realize that one of the reasons I failed my last trade spectacularly was because I had no idea about putting the pending order the right way. Just when I reached the page 203 post #2024 (and also #2022, but let’s focus on #2024) of this thread, I have a perfect trade case from Jon himself:

I have a feeling that this was actually a trick question from Jon himself. Let’s say when I open my MT4, I saw that trade setup for the first time. I remember Jon mentioned something about not taking this kind of trade setup because ‘the train has long come and gone’. In fact, this is what I’m thinking when I see that chart:

I will be tempted to put that pending order right away. But then I realize there is something wrong with my setup. First of all, I run directly into the support line. Sounds like a trade suicide for me. Second of all, I’m pretty sure I’ll be too late to enter the trade as the next candle after the pinbar has lowered beyond the low of the pinbar. No pending SELL order is possible at this point because the train has come and gone. Interestingly, one trader (pamboys09) claimed that he/she took the trade and won.

Jon -or any senior traders here-, please tell me, when you noticed that trade setup, was that an A+ setup? Is there anything wrong my analysis here? I think it should be no trade, but maybe I still don’t fully understand about the pending order in this situation.

I’m really hoping I do not annoy each and everyone of you with my not-so-silly questions (well, dudest told me that!) here and there, but I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time with my failure. :17:

What do you think of pin-bar at AUD/USD H4 to go long :

I see a bias going down, so i would wait until the candle closes, then make a decision.

Hey guys, what do you think of this massive pin bar on the H8 chart on EURGBP. I think I am actually going to take this trade on my real account and not my 50k demo lol.

Bar closes in 1 hours time.

Nice Thread. Actually this is my first time of replying to any of the posts on this thread because i really want to understand the meaning of Price Action before posting. i have read from page one to page 150 and i discovered that if you follow the rules given by Mr Johnathon[ GOD SENT] you will succeed in this business.

I don't trade forex but i do trade binaries [bet online market] but i have realized that if i concentrate with this system of price action i will kill bet online[BOM] because its just so simple when you understand the normal process. i just have to thank our only Gods sent[Johnathon] for his kindness upon us and i pray that the good lord will reward you in Jesus name.....AMEN.

Jonathon is a good man, a nice teacher that always wants his students to achieve something in the system more than him. I don't know him nor seen him before but i know he is a gentle type for him to drop all this information for free. I just want to say thanks so much because i have lean so much from dis tread. 

God Bless.

Nice Thread. Actually this is my first time of replying to any of the posts on this thread because i really want to understand the meaning of Price Action before posting. i have read from page one to page 150 and i discovered that if you follow the rules given by Mr Johnathon[ GOD SENT] you will succeed in this business.

I don't trade forex but i do trade binaries [bet online market] but i have realized that if i concentrate with this system of price action i will kill bet online[BOM] because its just so simple when you understand the normal process. i just have to thank our only Gods sent[Johnathon] for his kindness upon us and i pray that the good lord will reward you in Jesus name.....AMEN.

Jonathon is a good man, a nice teacher that always wants his students to achieve something in the system more than him. I don't know him nor seen him before but i know he is a gentle type for him to drop all this information for free. I just want to say thanks so much because i have lean so much from dis tread. 

God Bless.

I think it’s a nice pin at a nice level!, could spark off a decent range trade.

How do you plan to manage?

Cheers

Hallo candlewalker,

Uhm, I don’t remember making a ‘years of experience’ comment :), but thankfully it doesn’t need to take that long [ ps: I started on Johno’s method last year in Feb ].

Just like with any trade, no one can be sure if it will hit TP, they are all probabilistic.

The key with counter-trend trades is that the PA should be larger than normal (really huge and obvious) hinting at a change in momentum.

That said, Mr J and Bryce have always emphasized that the best trades will always be found with the trend, and it is best to stick those when learning the method.

After understanding the workings / flow of price, trading against the trend on occasions can prove profitable.

Cheers

Hey Willy!

@200: goodstuff!

@pure gold: agreed!

@setup
–> If I opened MT4 and saw the exact pic, I would think “price has already broken low of pin, no trade”
–> Furthermore, I prefer pins where the body is around/at the S/R with the tail sticking away from the S/R. So that ( together with the choppy-ness and close support ) would have kept me out of this trade anyways

@pending order
–> Just to clarify (incase there’s confusion). Pending order here refers to a SELL STOP/BUY STOP. You set these before price has broken the high/low of the setup. Pamboys may have sneaked in a late entry by simple doing a SELL after seeing price break the low of the pin.

Keep those charts and questions coming! :slight_smile: [& see your learning curve drastically improve!]

Cheers

Hey all, nice to be here :slight_smile:

I’d like to add that that this bullish pin bar on EURGBP was formed during the news ( as I remember) and while in formation, at around 1/3 of its current lenght it skyrocketed downwards to its current low in about 10 seconds ± and instantly and w/o any push pull play, came back to about 1.2/3 of its lenght.

I’m saying this because I am interested in how should I react to these short term spikes that do not acure all that often outside the news broadcast range.

It doesn’t seem like the PA created durring the news period reflects the non-news market. Or am I wrong?

The daily chart has nice pin as well. Personally, I am going to set alert and see if it breaks daily pin around 8612. I prefer to stay away or risk less on these range trades. Is your plan to exit at 8750 with having strong overhead resistance?

As skyhigh mentioned, GBP had a very very quick spike up 80 pips on g/u within seconds and then came all the way back down. Also it wasn’t around any ‘planned’ news announcements. hmmm…

I plan to take first profit at 0.8766 then move my 2nd half to break even as I think this either could form a head and shoulders pattern, even though I pay no attention to patterns… though just seems like a sensible option.

My stop loss is set 0.85501, about 3/4 the way down the wick of the pin to keep to my risk management plan.

I have also spotted what could be a 2 bar reversal on XAUUSD daily, correct me if I am wrong.

I have set my entry at the break of the first bar of the formation and stop above it.

The Pin bar was formed on D1 chart already. i’ve placed the pending order above the pinbar to long.

Very trong down trend on daily chart, its risky to against it.

Thanks, dudest!

Look at you, when I read several first pages of this thread, my impression is that you are Mr. Trigger Happy of Forex with all crazy possible trade setups in almost daily basis. Compared to dudest of nowadays, you clearly have outgrown that phase. I will strife to be on that kind level together with you, Bryce, and of course Jon the man himself. I don’t care that I act like a bumbling idiot at this point with all my not-so-silly questions and all those crazy possible trade setups that at the end taught me some lessons in humility. If that’s the price I have to pay to succeed in Forex, so be it.

Cheers too!