Forex Price Action

Ok. A left-over trade from August just closed today. So that makes it 6 trades - 3 wins, , 2 break even, 1 loss

USD/CAD (invalid) pin bar.

Hold it too long, almost forgot it was August trade.
The pin bar 2 days before my entry seriously was NOT a pin bar.
If the non-farm was against me today I would have taken full loss.

Lucky win. I need to be more picky :mad:

The point is you made the right choice, good for you and as far as luck i believe that we make our luck.

Gold likes like it is wanting to push back up again, looks like a decent BUEB on the H4 and what could be a 2br on the daily chart if it closes above $1386 ish. What do you guys think?

XAUUSD H4

What pair is that? The labels too small.

Bull makes money, bear makes money, and pig gets slaughtered. That’s what I’m thinking, Bryce. :33:

hello everyone. i’ve spotted this on the GBP/USD 1D graph and would like your opinion. it is a bullish engulfing bar forming on top of a resistance line. it also is trading with the upward trend which began 2 months ago. however, there is over head resistance.

Hello:
My support is below (1.5422). I took a long trade and my two targets were fulfilled.
Two points about your chart:
I think you should wait for the candle close to take a decision.
If you decide to go long, the resistance is very close so I think that the potential reward will be greatly reduced.
Good luck.

thank you for taking the time to reply. i do always wait for the candles to close before trading and i was also concerned about that overhead resistance. one thing i am interested in is your support line at 1.5422. would you say that my resistance/support line was in the wrong place? do you not have the support line i’ve drawn on there at all? thanks

Is anyone taking this one ? It looks like a great setup, doesn’t it ?
I placed entry at 155.2 TP 156.5 SL 154.2.
Don’t like the idea of opening right before the weekend but it looks so clear.

Hello:
I do not think your line is bad, I consider it to be valid, only in my case I did not use it at that level since had the open position from last week and was more focused on the highs and lows of the last swing as pursuing the upward trend.
Regards,

My question would be in regard to the semi-PB that formed before the candle you point out. Look what happened there. That doesn’t sit right with me.

What is the issue with it ? Indecision ?

I’d say you’re doubting it for the right reason - better not leave pending order over weekend.

I’ll cancel it if it doesn’t get triggered before NY close.

Where did you take profit at? I am long from a pin bar on the 28 of last month and my TP is 1.5700

Great advice i don’t like to leave pending orders over the week end either .

First:1.5640
Second: 1.5678
I didn’t take 1.5700 because from my experience I prefer to be a little shy with this pair.
I think there is a good chance to reach 1.57 since the trend is north.
Regards,

Hi piping,

Well spotted, superb support and overall great setup.

However, a few no trade rules you might have missed or simply overlooked that we apply.
One of them is not to TRADE any price action that forms on the second halfday of Friday.
(Didn’t mean to be a spoil sport it’s just how it is)

I call it a day,good weekend all.
Cheers

Hey, where did you read the thing about friday? I never noticed it :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Adam

It’s somewhere in here, and mentioned every once in a while. Traders will close positions on Friday to keep from getting gapped, or just a good time to take profit before the weekend. A pinbar that may normally signal a rejection of a key level, on Friday may just mean an large number of people closed out their positions. What is acceptable is setting an entry on Sunday during the Asian session based on a “Daily” signal from the previous Friday.