Forex Price Action

Friends … The rules of Johnathons price action method are so well thought out n foolproof that they simply cannot be bent. Period. Some of the trades discussed in here recently bear testament to this. Safe trading all…

USDSGD D1 BEEB.

-Huge candles
-Long wicks in direction I want trade to go, shorter in opposite
-Formed at significant resistance point
-Trading away from resistance
-No clear trend identified (in my opinion…the lower high and lower low in the middle of the chart speaks loudly to me)

My entry was @ 1.27129 (10-15 pip buffer). Position is in the money at the moment.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Who all is in the CADCHF trade?

CADCHF Daily

Hi Adam,

May you please share with me the PA signal and setup you saw to enter a position here?

Hi Fahed,

You kind of figured it yourself, you entered a counter trade(CT).
CT trades are very delicate and can eat your account very fast.

A tip: 4 candles to your left is a massive bullish candle, and your BEEB is withing its range.
You could deprive from that,that the 4th candle is an Inside Bar(IB) and that means price on that pair is in indecision.
Hence,wait to see how the market is going to playout.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

I have not identified any good signal this week. Anyone sitting in the dark too?
I rather be out if anything A+ develops…

Be patient, your main goal should be protect capital…

Thank you Kasravi for your help your tip it is very important and first time i know that.

I am. Scary at the moment

Yes, I took the trade from a pin bar on the daily chart as you can see in my screenshot, it closes within the last candle (everyone has always used bid charts here to the best of my knowledge), wick is well more than 3 times the length of the body, with the trend, lower lows and lower highs and PA sticks out from all other candles, so in my plan, that counts as a setup. :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m still in there. Hopefully that’s a swing high just formed and not a swing low forming at the base of the candle.

Anyone thinking about it, please do not bring up the validity of the pin bar again, it’s been done to death!!!

What are your charts?

Hey Johnathon/Dudest/Spongy,

I have seen a few arguments over whether to use bid or ask price on the charts and have seen no proper answer as of yet, could you please explain what you use. I use bid as that is what it was set at as default and you look to be using it in the screenshots you post.

Many Thanks,
Adam

New York close on FXCM. Using bid, should I be using ask?

Thanks

[QUOTE=“adamjn;529368”]New York close on FXCM. Using bid, should I be using ask?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

FXCM here as well - have since discovered the pin to be not valid

Seams people have gotten really confused with the CADCHF and I think the confusion has come because people have got playing with their charts to see what they want to see, rather than just leaving their charts to see what they should be seeing… That’s why we have never had this confusion for 1200 odd pages in the past and now we are.

Johnathon

[QUOTE=“Forex School Online;529373”]Seams people have gotten really confused with the CADCHF and I think the confusion has come because people have got playing with their charts to see what they want to see, rather than just leaving their charts to see what they should be seeing… That’s why we have never had this confusion for 1200 odd pages in the past and now we are.

Johnathon[/QUOTE]

Hey, i have always had my chart on the same setting as far as i know, do you use bid or ask to take signals from as i think this will clear up a lot of confusion.

Thanks

Heya,

yes I have my charts set to Bid.

We have had this same very convo the other day in the FSO forum because I was getting peeved with members posting an invalid pin. Not so bad if you guys are occasionally doing it, but I don’t want members losing money on invalid setups so I wanted to know what the heck was going on. A member posted that he had found the problem for him was the FXCM platform which would now make sense because both are you are both posting the invalid pin and both are you are trading with FXCM. He said this was not the first time he has had a data issue with them and he has now moved over to another NY close provider to avoid this happening a third time. I personally checked Pepperstone, Axi trader, Gomarkets, Fxpro, Fin Fx, FXDD & HotForex and they all did not show CADCHF as a pin bar or even close to it.

Sorry for the confusion, I think that way my bad, I think I stated it backwards earlier.

MT4 uses the correct chart by default, FXCM uses the wrong charts by defaults.

If someone with FXCM or similar broker fires up their charts without changing their settings, they will be looking at the wrong one for finding price action.

Appreciate the reply. My charts are set to bid and always have been, but I just fired up FxPro Metatrader 4 on my demo and it seems it is completely different from my bid prices on FXCM, this could well have been what is causing me to make the ba**s up.

Metatrader uses bid as default I have read, so my charts will be reading bid price on it, and it does look different to my FXCM chart. Think it could be time to start using those charts.

Thanks again…

You were 100% right in everything you said in your post just other ways round, which easy to do. All done that.:smiley:

Anyway’s what charts you looking at?