Forex Price Action

Looks good.

How big is your stoploss compared to your take profit? Looks like a 1/1 risk/reward unless you plan on moving it around a lot.

Hi,
I am watching now NZDUSD 4H and i waiting PA signal to go long .
Am i right here?
Thanks

The trend is pushing up and that’s a good thing , as your doing wait for the daily to close and see what happens, you know the 4hr and the daily will close at the same time, sofar it looks good to me.

These is what I understand .So,Please correct me please :
Suppose pair now at up trend .
Price now still between support and resistance lines we marked earlier.
Now if price retrace to support and mark a good PinBar or BUEB (meets all rules) I will take long trade and control my TP (may be to resistance and BE trade)
Now price broke resistance and goes higher, then pullback to the new support line (which was old resistance) and if it makes a good PB signal I will go long with it again.
And so on…
While I am still in Uptrend:
PA signal candle when closed and meets all conditions should be above support line?
Also when trend start changes to downtrend as i understand now i can know it when waves start
Makes lower higher and lower low.
Please someone correct me.
Note:Thes just the general idea and i now there is more and more details but just want to know if i am understand it.
Sorry if my questions and also for my English because it’s my second language and sometimes fail to explain very well.

Its to small guys - its not sticking out.

Today’s watchlist.

Difference between a SETUP and an A+ SETUP:

Setup;
Is simply a valid Price Action setup on your charts.Price is Reversing/retracing from a Support or Resistance line in the form of a Pinbar,2bar reversal,bearish engulfing bar or a bullish engulfing bar.

A+ Setup;
Is the fine tuning of the initial Setup. You will be looking into things like:

-where lies the next support or resistance,did price close above or below,is there enough room to move?
-how radical was the last swing to reach the support or resistance line,in other words how strong was the move?
-which takes you inevitably to the next question you should ask yourself. Is the candle I’m looking at huge enough to push?

That is what makes the difference, as a matter of fact success rate in a setup and A+ setup is 50% and 90% respectively.

ps: There is no harm in posting charts you are looking to trade in order to get a second opinion, that’s what all the fuss is about.

Cheers.

True, I have been following this thread for months now and the setups being posted are starting to bend the rules. I for one am finding myself bending the rules, and it is not paying off, so I have decided to take a read through the thread again to refresh my memory.

Can i ask you Kasravi,
Do you see my above chart for NZDUSD meet A+ trade? Now there is big BEUB engulfing previous 4 candles , closed above support line and distance to next resistance line around 90pips .

[QUOTE=“wm247;529800”]Hi BA,

I used Forex.com for my live trading. The marketing may be confused when you ask them, because that is not NY Close Charts. I have verified this one with Jon and dudest, so I’m pretty sure that it is not.

I still use Forex.com for my live account though as the spread is not that bad, but for the purpose of demo and discussion with Jon and the group, I use the right NY Close chart. Most of the time, I use FXDD, and Jon himself uses Pepperstone a lot.

Hope that can help! :wink:

[/QUOTE]

Hi WM247

Thats great, thank you for your help, that’s really cleared things up for me. I have just set up a demo account with FXDD…looks much better and clearer too!

Thanks again for your help

B A

[QUOTE=“Kasravi;529914”]Difference between a SETUP and an A+ SETUP:

Setup;
Is simply a valid Price Action setup on your charts.Price is Reversing/retracing from a Support or Resistance line in the form of a Pinbar,2bar reversal,bearish engulfing bar or a bullish engulfing bar.

A+ Setup;
Is the fine tuning of the initial Setup. You will be looking into things like:

-where lies the next support or resistance,did price close above or below,is there enough room to move?
-how radical was the last swing to reach the support or resistance line,in other words how strong was the move?
-which takes you inevitably to the next question you should ask yourself. Is the candle I’m looking at huge enough to push?

That is what makes the difference, as a matter of fact success rate in a setup and A+ setup is 50% and 90% respectively.

ps: There is no harm in posting charts you are looking to trade in order to get a second opinion, that’s what all the fuss is about.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder Kasravi, now has me thinking about my EURCAD buy stop, it meets all of the above requirements I believe but I wonder whether yesterday’s daily pin bar was large enough, what are your thoughts on this? My other concern is that it comes following a very bearish run despite it being in a general uptrend. Any advice is much appreciated! Would post a chart but I have to make a couple more posts until the site lets me post links.

All the best

B A

Hi Fahed,

If you would take the trade you’d be trading into 0.8100 resistance line on the daily chart, do you want to trade into a resistance?

I cannot tell you for certain if price is going to shoot up or stall. I see the reasons you are pointing out, however as far as swing structure on the daily chart is in place you are certainly not at a swing low or high.
That is what I can see.
But you are right about looking to go long on a pullback,in general.

Hope that helps, and the very best of luck!

Cheers.

Hi Barracus,

Yesterday wasn’t a pin(eur/cad).see criteria*
If it was a pin then you are right.You should be concerned about the bearish run.

We use a 3 swing reversal pattern to determine an up or down trend. Currently we have a higher high and the latest low has just been revisited.

tip:last 2 candles are Inside bars, price is in indecision.

*the pin you are pointing out is:
-not sticking out
-in traffic
-upper wick too long

Hope that helps, good luck mate.

Cheers.

Thank you Kasravi,
Notes taken and i am grateful for all traders here.

[QUOTE=“Kasravi;529972”]

Hi Barracus,

Yesterday wasn’t a pin(eur/cad).see criteria*
If it was a pin then you are right.You should be concerned about the bearish run.

We use a 3 swing reversal pattern to determine an up or down trend. Currently we have a higher high and the latest low has just been revisited.

tip:last 2 candles are Inside bars, price is in indecision.

*the pin you are pointing out is:
-not sticking out
-in traffic
-upper wick too long

Hope that helps, good luck mate.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Cheers Kasravi, that is a big help. I can see that I have much more reading to do, despite being 300 plus pages in through this awesome thread I have not come across the 3 swing reversal pattern. I can now see after changing to New York close charts that yesterday did not produce a pin bar. Although I don’t quite understand the traffic issue, if I was to go long there doesn’t seem to be too much of an issue until the round number of 1.40500 which would produce a good few pips?

Certainly you are right.
The reason I said traffic is because of the candles to your left,it is quite choppy.
Ideally you want the left candle to any pinbar significantly behind the wick,in other words wick should stick out.

Cheers.

[QUOTE=“Kasravi;529994”]

Certainly you are right.
The reason I said traffic is because of the candles to your left,it is quite choppy.
Ideally you want the left candle to any pinbar significantly behind the wick,in other words wick should stick out.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again Kasravi, that’s great advice and will watch out for that next time. For now I will go back to waiting for a decent signal and reading the rest of the thread, hope to see you in a few hundred pages!

Best of luck!

B A

I’ve seen some seniors here are saying that a lot of setups posted here recently are not A+ setups and i totally agree. Just share a little bit of my own experience after been in this thread for about half a year. Usually you get abt 1-3 A+ setups for Daily and probably 2-6 a month when you add the other Timeframes but i trade Daily only(for now).

One other thing is you should NEVER bend the rules and add you own stuff because this method has been tested over and over by FSO(Stated by Johnathon) and it works perfectly. I have NEVER lost one SINGLE trade after following the rules COMPLETELY, so if the winning % is that high, why bother putting in your own thoughts and waste time instead of practising this method and start earning money?

For those who recently joined this thread, its best that you read as much as possible before joining the latest conversation and i totally understand the urge and excitement to start talking about the setups but actually, the true gem of the thread lies at the start of the thread where you can find absolute A++ setups and those are the ones that you should follow to trade.

If you are interested in trading, or to find out what absolute A+ setup is about, dont just read 50 - 100 pages, read as much as you can and practice, practice and practice more till you get the hold of it. Adapt the mindset that you are doing a business and takes trading seriously. Thats the mindset im having and i believe its the right one.

Lastly, i want to say that im still learning and not trying to boast about anything. Just hope the thread gets better and everyone is having a gd time trading.

Jack

It looks like you would be trading straight into resistance, check the daily chart, I use it to draw my S/R lines, then go through the charts to find setups.

You should have took that trade at the swing low :slight_smile: You are now at a swing high IMO.

Good post Jack , your summing up of A+ setups per month is interesting,anyone else care to assess good trade amounts per month they’re finding.