Forex Price Action

Definitely at a nice area but it’s also sitting ontop of support as well around the 1.47193 area. It just pierced through that line on my chart and retraced back, so not as strong of a finish as I’d have liked. As for the trend, it seems to be trending up within a range. Hope that makes sense.

I would wait for a retrace down to the 1.45924 area and aim for longs. Just my opinion :slight_smile:

No, the reason AUDJPY didnt go as you expected is because it is not an A+ signal! Dont blame it on RRR, blame yourself for not patient and picky enough to trade only the A+ setup. FYI, many seniors take [B]A+[/B] Setups with RRR < or = to risk and they still earn money at the end. The whole point is taking A+ setups. Besides, any Timeframes thats lower than Daily need to be EVEN better setups in order to keep the edge on your side. Good luck!

Jack

Only saw this post after i replied your previous post. Just a suggestion that maybe you should keep your trading on Daily frame only and once you are good at that, then move on to 4HR. Just beware that its even less A+ setup on DAILY sometimes within the month or nothing at all. I havent enter any trade for 3 weeks + and not intending to untill there is an Absolute A+.

Cheers! You can do it.

Jack

Hi Alan, welcome to this thread!

I notice that this is your very first post, so please be honest here. Have you read the first 50 - 200 pages of this thread before posting your chart? If you haven’t, please do it now. If you have, then please answer this honestly: if you think that is not A+ setup, then is taking the trade really the right thing to do here?

Cheers!

Hey Edmo!
you talked about the EURSGD weekly chart earlier & I’m also short. It looks good.

[QUOTE=“chisha;535834”]Hey Edmo!
you talked about the EURSGD weekly chart earlier & I’m also short. It looks good.[/QUOTE]

Hey there, would you mind please sharing how you plan to manage this CT trade?

I plan on moving my stop to BE if & when price moves below 1.66844 and let my trade run, I plan to take full profit at the support level. Other than that I don’t see any trouble area that I should be concerned with. If my plan doesn’t work I’ll take my loss.

OK One more silly question what I understood finally is that we do not trade continuations right ? we wait for the trend to surge then settle down a bit via retrace catch the reversal pattern and ride it

Am I correct ?

Relax, EnB. The only silly question is the one you do not ask. :wink:

As a fellow newbie in this Forex world (we define newbie here as someone who has not proven themselves that they they are consistently profitable in the long run), we should [B]NOT[/B] trade continuations as they are considered advanced level and it will confuse those with not-so-strong basic for reversal trade. Cannot say more about that as the Godfather made me an offer I can’t refuse here. :51:

Let’s stick to the reversal trade for now, as those are the trades with the highest possibility of working out most the time. The success rate for reversal trade may vary depending on how strict you are with your definition of A+ setups, but I’ve seen the success rate of fellow traders who are faithful to their A+ setups is between [B]70% - 90%[/B]!

There is a catch, though. Yup, there is always a catch. You need to wait quite a while until that A+ setups appear. And holy crap batman once those A+ setups appear anywhere at the same time, it’s like all hell breaks loose.

The moral here? [U]Don’t do something, just stand there[/U]!

Sucking thing is, if this trade continue bear, it may take 4 to 6 (maybe more) weeks to materialise.
Fingers crossed though

Closed now at TP1

I am also had two long orders ( 1still open )
Can you please tell me if my entry correct ?
Note:I am new here and your comments is too important guys to correct any miss understanding i have and build more confidence.

Hi fahedksa,

Based on what you read from first few hundred pages, do you think it is an A+ setup? Because in my opinion, if the setup is exactly the photo you showed us which is Daily TF, i do not see any PA signal that allows you to open any trade. Also, it is not a Swing low as well. It is best to go to the first few pages and review the setups that Johnathon had posted, it will remind you what A+ setup is. Not trying to be harsh and anything but hopefully will guide you to the right path!

To add on: Confidence is important, but you must build on top of the correct setup.

Hope this helps

Jack

Thanks Eternal - the reason I ask is because I was looking for a trade here but couldn’t find an entry. Everything else was in a line just the PA signal bar didn’t seem to be there. 6H chart is not one I’ve traded so I might review that as an intraday option and add to my plan.

In terms of R:R being <1, its not really something that ever concerns me. More now I’m thinking about 'can this trade get to FTA with enough space for me to get my stop to BE. If I can do that I can protect my capital and have a platform for a potential winning trade.

Thanks again

Hi Semmee - Wouldn’t entry be below that support level given the need to wait for the break of the pin low and a buffer zone?

Hey Matthgm,

I’m not quite sure what your question is, but as you stated entry would definitely be below the support given (1.47193) if I had set a pending sell order on the pin. However, based on that daily pin by itself, I believe it’s not convincing enough to put that order in. IF the pin had closed BELOW that support line I listed with a bigger more convincing body to the downside, then it would definitely look lovely. Besides being cluttered in with the previous candles, the wick is beautiful, but the nose is a bit too long for my liking.
It’s not to say it won’t work out, cause it definitely seems to be going in that direction atm!
Did you take the trade?

Hey Jack,

I think Fahed took the Gbp/yen trade based on a lower time frame that we discussed with peers last week.
Consernes about this trade was that despite everybody agreed on that there is a strong upward movement in play, the setup did not quite touch the lattest support.

I must admit it consolidated quite a lot before it breached the top resistance and played out.

Cheers.

Hi Matt,

You gotta get your hands on those intradays mate!
they are superb when you are looking to trade from killzones.

Cheers,buddy.

Right,

That is not the signal we discussed though, it was the 2br right before your blue box starts.
That pair was winding up, something had to happen one way or another.

Glad it worked out for you

Cheers.

Lol thats akward haha bt anw i hope my comment helps fahedksa!

Cheers!

Hi Kasravi,
I delete my last reply which shown GBPJY-4H ,Actually my entry was depending on daily chart i don’t know why i post 4H chart:13:
On Daily there is BUEB (on mychart nose in green color).
Jack,
Thank you for your comment and its true its not swing low
Thank you all for your help here