Forex Price Action

What works for me when i trade J’s method is, when i get the A + 1 set up and i take the trade, if it goes against me but does not hit my S/L and reverse, then i layer the trade. So is cost average in a positive way, it lets me make more pips.

Care to explain this a bit more / provide an example? You’re saying that if price reverses deep enough on a position you have open (close to your stop), you actually open another position at the lower/higher price to secure more profit? What if you open, then your stop gets hit? Aren’t you essentially adding more risk into the position than initially was planned for? Just trying to see things from your perspective, b/c this is interesting…

So, in essence you’re probably opening small positions just to attempt to offset the reversal…This is intriguing. I have a few open positions right now, implemented this, and was already able to make some money. This seems dangerous though … :slight_smile:

True, i’m pretty new to this while i’m reading through the posts i’m watching my charts for signals to trade. I consider this as thinking out loud, i know it’s recommended to not trade against the trend for the newer traders, i’m not taking this trade just looking for opinions on it.

Thanks for your point of view.

I’m sorry man, but I need to post one more thing: this strategy just absolutely blew my mind. Thanks for sharing. wow.

Axi is showing a super huge pin (!) on both H4 and D1(not closed).

I have counter-checked with RoboForex and the same is not there.

Have contacted them, and they say they think it’s a glitch with one of their liquidity providers, and they will confirm conclusively on Monday.

Sounds good tonyro ! Johnathon, can we have your opinion on it? Ever tried?

AxiUSA chart looks ok in MT4.

IMHO, for a newbie like me… just follow the trend

anyone can explain to me a little bit about managing a trade? still blur about it…:eek:

Hi dudest,

we also encounter the same problem with Pepper, but not FXDD. Johnathon himself is investigating this issue now with fellow traders at FSO. Seems like this issue is not universal, not everyone got this problem. Anybody here has the same problem? Especially GBPCAD D1/H4 tf?

Anyone here getting into gbp/aud d1 pin bar trade?

[QUOTE=“Kasravi;536766”]

Did Matt not post this yesterday?[/QUOTE]

FTA hit, profit taken, moved stop to BE

I am. Already have taken some profit.

I´m in the gbp/aud d1 pin bar trade on demo
A few pips on the green atm

Same here :slight_smile: had only one positions so I’m out now :smiley:

[QUOTE=“dudest;536873”]

Axi is showing a super huge pin (!) on both H4 and D1(not closed).

I have counter-checked with RoboForex and the same is not there.

Have contacted them, and they say they think it’s a glitch with one of their liquidity providers, and they will confirm conclusively on Monday.

.[/QUOTE]

I got the same problem on axi, checked my go markets chart and its not present…

Hi Guys,
I noticed a pin bar setup at resistance on CADJPY 12HR at NY close but I haven’t been able to post on here for the past 16hrs+ because my internet was acting up :mad: I was expecting to find it already posted but nothing.

Anyway I was concerned with the recent up move but noticed that price had rallied twice from the same lows & this level has held on both occasions. The preceding bar was quite large but closed below resistance & I also took note of the VBRN of 96.000.

I set my pending orders before going to bed and I got filled.

Did anyone else take this trade? For those that saw this setup and decided not to take it care to share your thoughts?

Thank you Kas and congratulation, it was indeed a good trade.
Cheers

Hi guys,

i have a question or am looking for advice.
would it be recommended to jump into a trade half way, or should a trader be patient and just wait/look for another setup when he has missed and opportunity.

example, GBP/AUD that is being discussed. at this point, the price still has room for profit… if i have missed the entry, would it be ok to just jump in? or once is missed, let it go.

I saw it but i chickened because it was counter trend :frowning: