Forex Price Action

Breaks on either side of a PA signal can be false, which is the point of the buffer. I think a buffer of 5-10 pips on most pairs and timeframes help you sift the real signals from the false ones.

Thanks krugman, so this means that gbpjpy stays valid until bottom of the pinbar + 5-10 pips is taken out ? Just wanna make sure we talk about the same thing?

Itā€™s a great question and one that I would love to hear responses from others. But yes I personally donā€™t considers a PA signal invalid until it breaks past the buffer I place on it. The same way we can have false entries if we place our entry too close to the candle, you can have that same thing happen on your stops. The entry buffer and the stop buffer are both their to weed out false signals. A lot of retail traders will put their stops right on the other side of a candle, so it is not uncommon to see price poke out 1-5 pips past the low of a candle, trigger a bunch of stops, and then explode back in the other direction. It is called stop hunting, and it lets the big boys get in at a great price. The buffer is there to make sure you get out of a trade when the market truly is moving against the signal.

It would be kind of silly to put 10+ pips stoplosses on a PA candle if you though that it was invalid after 1 pip. Again just my opinion.

That makes sense to me! Letā€™s see what others think about it.

Hi,
for me right now no trades.
Still waiting on EURJPY 4H. For me still valid signal.
Agreed with krugman25 buffer 5-10 pips. So it is logical to say that signal is invalid after 5-10 pips if it breaks through potencial SL. It is only more comlicated and for me illogical to place SL 5-10 pips below/above PB (thats definetely right) but saying that signal is invalid after 1 pip.

Hey man nicely spotted. Looks like its going to trigger you guys entries soon! Nice PA!

I dont play Intraday setups for now so im not in bt definitely a good looking one!

Gd luck for those who are in!

Jack

Thanks, letā€™s see how it plays outā€¦

After price was precariously close to breaking the low of that candle, in a few minutes shifted gears and is about the break the high of that pinbar.

My gbp/jpy order was just triggered, and now its a little back. Lets make some money :slight_smile:

Looks like all JPY pairs are on the move

Its gonna be fast cash if you in live!!

ALL EUR pairs are up across the board!

opps sorry thought u were talking about EURJPY bt nonetheless, its going up tooo!

Sorry same post.

Hi to all friends. Kasravi thanks for sharing EURJPY. I entered after break the PB. It is going good.

Checking in on the GBPJPY 4H chart with buttocks firmly clenchedā€¦

Hi,
the best what you can do right now is turn your computer off and donā€™t look at chart. You can do nothing with it right now. You must make the best what you can do before you take the trade. How say one of the best price action trader (not me :wink: )
Set and forget ;).

Thanks Bambino, Yes I do this now but do like to check in every four hours if it is the 4hr chart or daily if it is the daily chart etc to manage my trade.

Of course I look at it every 4H too.
i only want to say that it is not good way to sit before your screen and check your trades every 5 minutes.
When I start with trading i check trades for hours and if trade was good i said to myself Ok, but if trade goes in wrong direction you experiencing it much more than winning trades ā€¦ it mean you only torture yourself.
We all know that it is A+ trade and we all know that all A+ trade donā€™t finish in profit ā€¦ it is trading.
We make the best before the trend ā€¦ now it is only on market.

GBPJPY H4 Pin Bar Trade Stopped out :confused:

here too :frowning:

Very true Bambino but perhaps you would like to purchase my new Trader 3000 Extreme Buttock Clencher for those times when trades go against us, only Ā£63.99 and available from all good retail outlets. Please PM me for delivery options.

BA