Forex Price Action

Good Post Jackson.

Specially about that feeling of being held back.

Cheers

Hey Dudest!

Iā€™m so sorry for late answer, but I cannot writing into the thread while Iā€™m working.

Besides, this thread has a mega-turbine under its feet like Willy Coyote!! Hi hi!!
Itā€™s going on fast and I have to spend a lot of time to read and catch the most important informations.

About previous setup USD/CAD W1, sincerely I donā€™t like Weekly TF; but, in the eventi it would have been on D1 TF and without consider the next new candle, my opinion was: enter on 40-50% of PB (so to have a better R:R), SL at the end of the wick, then the TP set at 1.05, trailing SL when price has built a complete candle above entry level.
All like the graph below.

This is what Iā€™d have done.

And when price will get there, Iā€™ll wait to see its reaction because of strong resistance; I donā€™t trade over S/R levels, unless the price has retested it as support (going long) or as resistance (going short) with a clear PA signal.

Do you think itā€™ll be correct?

Cheers

Hey Jackson and BC,

On my broker the 2br on eur/nzd is invalid since the second candle did not close under the first candleā€™s opening price,as far as I concern it is a must for a 2br to be tradable. However given PA structure I strongly believe it is a great area to short given a setup presents itself.

Cheers.

We enter at the break of a valid PBā€™s high/low, not a retracement. We do so because the PB is nothing but a signal candle, that an opportunity exists. We wait for confirmation (which is why we use a pending order with a buffer above/below the PB) in the direction we want the trade to go. What if there is major support at 10-30% of the PB- would you still try to enter @ 40-50%?

Thanks Jackson

CAD/JPY Engulfing bar looks pretty sweet to me so I have taken it, hoping to gain 70+ pips :slight_smile:

It does look sweet, but, does what happens above it and to the left look sweet? Price was contained for almost 4 days within that big mother bullish candle. It broke to the down side, and quickly was bough back up into the mother candle range. How have you ā€œtaken itā€ if the high of the candle hasnā€™t been broken yet?

Does anyone else see first line of resistance at 96.670 on CAD/JPY, hoping it can get past this, I think I miss judged first TP originally having it at 96.966.

Hey Bigcheefer

When I say that I have taken it, what I mean is that I have placed my pending order allowing a 10 pip buffer each side. I see what you mean about the issues to the left, this complicates things! Are you saying that non of the PA signals posted tonight are valid?

Hi, BC.
I appreciate your comment.

I agree with you about trading the PB (high/low); on the other hand, I donā€™t find the nearest support around 10-30%.
My view to trade a PB that have small room above is to enter on retracement and usually is around 40-50% of it.
As newbie Iā€™m following this pair on demo chart.

You got a point there Claus, I canā€™t recall that being taught here but my experience tells me that you canā€™t go wrong with that entry strategy, you might not get triggered many times but when you do youā€™ll yield more and risk much less.

Cheers

I feel very confused tonight, finding it hard to ascertain when to jump and when not to jump. The only draw back to this trade seems to be the danger ahead, but most trades have traffic above or below. What is classed as adequate breathing space for a trade?

Hi BA,

a Well spotted BUEB, it is valid.
So you got a setup there, now letā€™s get to the fine tuning in order to determine if it is a high probability trade.
Best is to start with questions like,
-is my setup candle sticking out?
-where lies next minor support and resistance, which takes you inevitably to the next question
-is there enough room to move or in other words if triggered will price have enough space to move in order for you to make management decisions like TP or BE?

Moreover I would like to rise awarenes that CAD/JPYā€™s market structure was a consolidation and has just broken out. Now if you would be looking to buy here you would walk back in that consolidation,which is quite risky.

BA,I would strongly suggest that you let market play out and show itā€™s hand,once there is more clarity then look for a setup to strike. This is what a pro would do, anyway.

I hope I was able to help out and make sense mate.

The very best of luck to you

Cheers

IN DEPTH ANALYSIS

NZD/JPY Daily 2BR

Resistance turned support and being rejected with an obvious 2 bar reversal.

Price is in an obvious up trend and with a recent retrace to former highs now acting as support. Price has formed a KILLZONE area where Price Action traders would be looking for setups to go long.

With todays daily candle closing a 2 bar reversal signal has presented itself, which is the type of PA signal we would look for in a killzone. If price is to break the high of yesterdayā€™s candle then first resistance would come at 83.20 .

Placing stops on top of the 2BR would position us with the recent upward momentum. As a Price Action trader I see a high probability trade opportunity.

Thanks for reading and looking forward for an in depth discussion.

Cheers

Thank you Kasravi, I very much value your advice and after reading your post I have cancelled my pending order. That makes sense to me now. Thanks also for the tips about the recent consolidation which I hadnā€™t thought about at all. I will return to my default state of waiting for another PA signal.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

BA

Nzd/USd 2Br,

Is presenting similar opportunity as Nzd/Jpy.

Cheers

I was just going to post about that one, was going over my daily charts and spotted this

WOW I feel good to have found something you shared :smiley:

your opinion on it please ?

Hi fellow traders:
Iā€™m thinking take the Short at USDCAD pin bar (shown at D1 & D2).
I know some trader are LONG in W1, but I think Iā€™m within the short trend.
Again, comments will be welcome.
Regards,

Lol.

Support goes a way back with this pair but I still see an opportunity.
An In depth discussion is much favoured though.

Cheers

You canā€™t do that to me :smiley: My weekly pin bar order was triggered today with a 6 pips buffer and price has retraced since ā€¦

Then I saw the pinbar on the daily :slight_smile:

Looking at it again I see price has really struggled to climb the last couple of days ? a lot of noise on the left I guess

also, for me, on D1 it closed ABOVE support but maybe I drew S/R too low

Resistance comes at 1.0310 area, I say pin is a go with first FTA at 1.0260.

Cheers