Forex Price Action

Well done mate!

You have found a good chart.

I agree with you that this is a nice setup waiting for PA signal; I think we need a PB or BUEB on this key level going long.
But, if there will be the PA signal, we need to wait next week for any evaluation of trade/MM because of Friday.

Have a nice job.
Cla

Hello to all,

Can someone please tell if this is a correct BUEB, and if so, why it did not work? Thanks

HI ROCKY,

First of all I wouldnā€™t say it did not work,since the low of your BUEB is not taken out yet.
But unfortunately from what I can see price was not able to push through 1.4630 minor resistance level.

Not all setups work out,that is why we hunt for very huge BEEBs and BUEBs to get a better probability.

I wish you the very best of luck.

cheers

Hello rocky and welcome

I am still new but here is what I see

1. your S/R line is too high so technically the BUEB happened in no mans land
  2. your BUEB has a very long uper wick which proves a lot of resistance just above
  3. you entered the trade too early you should enter at least 10 pips ABOVE the wick
  4. it is not over yet since the low of the BUEB is not taken

It was a major issue 2-3 days ago which I completely and utterly somehow overlooked. I was on tilt, looking for revenge and blood from the market, and completely clouded all of my judgement. I saw what I wanted to see. That PB didnā€™t even form on my original key level. It was out in the middle of nowhere on my charts, but I ā€œmadeā€ it form @ a key level. The major S/R zone for that pair, in my opinion, is @ 80.466; almost 90 points away from the low of that pin.

It is a solid 2BR with a very nice large Bullish candle. However, my zone is @ 80.466.

Take it easy Kas

Iā€™ve been asked to repost this once, Here you go;

The biggest problem I see with this trade is that it didnā€™t happen at a significant support level. I would draw the SR level at 1.4500 based on the daily chart. If you zoom out farther you can see why the SR level is a bit lower, and it also coincides with a BRN. The best setups are when the price action candles protrude down into those key levels. If your candle is not at a key level your trade wonā€™t have much of an edge.

For this to be a trade I personally would have taken it would have needed to be at least 50 pips lower and the engulfing bar itself would have needed to be bigger, as there was a pretty big selloff just 2 days earlier.

Looks like Iā€™m finished now until close of play today, canā€™t see anything out there for me right now and Benedicts due his daily bowel movement in 15mins. Fingers crossed for the dailys and a busier more successful October!!

I also noticed you didnā€™t enter at the break. By entering right before the wick ends, you are actually getting in at the worst possible place as that is going to be where you have to most near term resistance. By entering above the wick, price has already broken past the candle high, and that will now act as a minor support to help your trade. Although I did check the charts and price did shoot up 16 pips past the chart, so you may have been triggered regardless.

I see what you mean.

Great observation!

On the bigger picture that key level is a major S/R level .(80.50-80.20 IMO)
We are definitely on the same page with that. That puts more reason on going long!
We want to trade away from a Key level and not into it. Price has clearly past it and out of danger getting dragged back into it.

Now where would be your next nearest resistance after 80.46?
Baring in mind we want to trade with the momentum.

Cheers

This is quite reassuring really and shows the strategy does work so thanks andwell done for this post.

There is some chop between 4/15 - 5/30, so it may get dicey around there as price was trying to test levels it hasnā€™t been near in over 5 years. 84.3 area seems like the top to me, with 83.3 a bit more near term.

Hey Krugman,

Looks like usd/nokā€™s push higher has to wait till next week.
great and hastle free ride so far. good on us and anyone else who took it.

cheers

[QUOTE=ā€œKasravi;542156ā€]Hey Krugman, Looks like usd/nokā€™s push higher has to wait till next week. great and hastle free ride so far. good on us and anyone else who took it. cheers[/QUOTE]

Itā€™s been one of my more enjoyable trades! Itā€™s a couple firsts for me , my first weekly and my first exotic, because of that I went half my standard risk. This has been one of the slowest couple weeks in trading Iā€™ve seen on a long time.
Although last night I did take another trade which was also weekly and exotic, it was ZARJPY, a definite A+ setup. I will post a chart later on it.

Many thanks to :-

[B]Kasravi, EternalNew and Krugman[/B] for all your useful & helping comments, which I highly appreciate.

[QUOTE=ā€œrocky123;542271ā€]Many thanks to :- Kasravi, EternalNew and Krugman for all your useful & helping comments, which I highly appreciate.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rocky for your kind comments. Iā€™m always honored to be amongst the great group of people here. It helps draw the best out of trading.

ZARJPY

A nice looking weekly pinbar off of a significant S/R level. This pair often throws good PA candles that tend to play out well. I also had a modified SL that put me above the previous candles high, the overall S/R level and 20 pips above the VBRN, which should give me multiple buffers in case price were to reverse. For modified SL areas to minimize my risk distance while maintaining good buffers for capital protection I like to put my SL above the previous candle high, my market S/R region and if possible 20-25 pips beyond VBRNs. If price falsly breaks a VBRN, 25 pips tend to filter out most of those false breaks. This SL, entry and TP gives me a 1:2 RR setup. I have only 1 TP area for this trade and do not plan on moving my SL during this trade.

Very interesting, Krugman. Are you taking a retrace entry, or are you already in this trade?

[QUOTE=ā€œwm247;542499ā€]Very interesting, Krugman. Are you taking a retrace entry, or are you already in this trade? [/QUOTE]

Iā€™m already in the trade, entered on the break of the pinbar.

Off topic, everyone have a great week-end and enjoy life. Next week is going to be a rollercoster ride.:slight_smile: