Forex Price Action

Hi Eternal,

If you got some spare money throw it into usd/cad. That pair seem to dry up in liquidity,it barely moved in the last 13 trading sessions.

Cheers

Hi Jonathon!!

Yes I’ve read your post regarding the AUD/CAD & GBP/JPY.
For AUD/CAD, the reason I want to wait for a short is because if we zoom out the Daily Chart, the recent uptrend is just a small retracement of a much bigger downtrend. Thus my prediction for a short trade.

For GBP/JPY, the reason you chose short is because of the Double Top Formation as I listed out here?

Sorry if I misinterpret your message.

Hey there, I always love your comments, thanks for that

Sorry but this sounds complex to me what is the meaning of drying up liquidity? And do you mean it looks like it is going up?

Yes, Alpari UK MT5 is NY close charts.

I am not going to take up space on this thread talking about it but yes they are NY Charts. GMT +3 just like Go, Vantage, Axi, Peppers, FXCM, ATC, Think Forex, FXPro, FXDD etc etc.

PM if you want me to show verification as to not to derail this thread;)

Hi traders, what do you guys think of the CHF/JPY 4-hour chart, this 2Bar reversal at key resistance ? In my opinion, it is not a truely well formed swing high :

It was a bit of truth mixed up with sarcasm. With Drying up liquidity I mean that there are not many buyers and sellers,hence that tight range lately.

And yes I believe very much it is going up otherwise I wouldn’t put my money on it.

Good luck

Cheers

Agreed it’s not really occurring a swing high that would then create ‘space’ from which to trade in to. The fact that you are trading with the short term trend may make this go on to be a winner but again trading with the trend alone doesn’t make it A+ enough to take it.

Leon I think your zones were right for this pair. Now the AUD/CAD has broken that significant Resistance area you could possibly start looking for Longs on this pair.

Good call bhops, second that.

cheers

I probably should post up a chart it always helps.

Erm actually our resistance zone have a little bit of difference. This is mine and right now it is touching on it…

I see the resistance line like Johno’ and bhops drew it, that’s how I marked it on my sunday’s market preview aswell.
However there need to be a strong signal in order to jump on a short position.

Cheers

I’m looking for short too.
Good Luck!

Perhaps we can see that area as a resistance zone? Between e line drawn by Bhops n mine…

I don’t like to be rude, but a few of the brokers you mention there have problems that Johnathon himself does not really like. I strongly suggest eignerdauL verify it directly with Johnathon -or whoever he has vouched to give an accurate opinion for FSO trading like [B]bhops[/B] or [B]dudest[/B]- about why certain brokers have that kind or problems, and not just random people in this thread as it can be confusing. Maybe it’s daylight saving problem, or 6-day candle chart, or inconsistencies of showing offer chart instead of bid chart. :wink:

To be fair, they do look like NY Charts if they don’t have that kind of problem.

Yep your line looks relevant mine looks relevant, the main thing is to not get too anal about a line as being ‘to the pip.’ Think more of it as a zone.

I think if this ‘zone’ holds and we see price retest and bounce off of it we can start to look for Longs as opposed to being Bearish on this pair.

Hello,

it is super dooper important every trader undertsands the length of trade they are looking for and what type of trader they are because from that they can then look for the different trends in the charts.

The vast majority of traders are always on the wrong side of the trend and this is not because they want to be, it is because they think think they are trading with the trend, but they don’t fully understand what trend it is they should be trading with.

Every chart has multiple trends, but not many traders understand this. You only really here traders talk about the “trend”. “Go and trade with the trend”, well that’s great, but what every trader really first needs to understand is how long they trade for because this will determine what trend they look at.

We are swing traders. As price action traders, we are trading price action swings. We are taking pins and other price action signals from key levels and then trading them back into the next price action key level. These can last anywhere from 3-8 sessions normally and sometimes longer on really big runner trades. For us it is so very important to get on the correct side of the next swing and with the short term trends. It is very important that when the next short term trend is moving, we are moving with it. Does this make sense? If we are making money of the swings, we need to be in-line with the trend that is most recent.

If we were long term trading we would not be concerned at all with this short term trend one bit. We would be looking at the overall trends. But our trading would also be completely different. We would be looking to trade for periods of weeks to months and we would be looking to have stops in the thousands of pips. We would look to trade the same way but on a large scale.

So basically if you are looking to make money by trading with price action swings you need to ensure you have the next swing going your way. This is often why the 1,2,3 can be used so effectively with what we trade.

AUDCAD DAILY CHART

Johnathon

No the body doesn’t; just as long as the the high is higher than the previous candles high and the low is lower than the previous candles low.

Where is this BUEB?