Forex Price Action

GBPJPY did indeed retrace twice infact! (Read above post)

Price broke lower through the key resistance and then retraced back higher into the key resistance/old support flip area to where we can see on the 1hr chart it acted as a new resistance area to the pip as we though it may. Price may now move down to the 155.60 where I am still looking for shorts because this is acting as a new flip area (old support/new resistance as the 1hr chart below shows). If this holds and price breaks lower I can see price moving much lower into the 154.00 where I will begin looking to get long on the daily charts.

GBPJPY 1hr Chart

Hello everyone,

I was looking at my charts and noticed a 2Bar setup formed on GBP/AUD 4H chart a few hours ago.
I think the level is solid and the setup is formed at a swing low. But what do you think about the trouble area on the way? Is it something that could prevent us from trading this setup?

To tell the truth Iā€™m really reluctant about that.

nice support on daily chart:

2Bar reversal on 4H chart:

why donĀ“t you wait for price to come back in your ā€œtrouble areaā€ and then look for shorts? might be safer then trading against a strong down move?!

I prefer to enter at the borders of the large range on the daily chart (if there is an opportunity).

my badā€¦ i only saw H4 chartā€¦ ok i guess when you are not sure, you should not trade :wink:
hm what i understood so far is that when you are looking for a trade on the daily you should not care about what happens in the timeframes below. so wait for a reversal on daily and enter thenā€¦ maybe you have the feeling to pass the spot and want to get in as soon as possible? :slight_smile:

In fact I have drawn my levels based on daily chart a couple of weeks ago and I saw the 2Bar on the 4H. A reversal setup on the daily chart would be worth to be considered.

it came one pip below my first TP and then retracted :smiley: hahaha was so tempted to close it manually then I thought ā€œSTICK TO THE TRADING PLANā€

Hi Pedram,

That is some awesome trade, I saw it coming and placed my stops already.
Keep in mind that a trouble area can only make you trouble if it doesnā€™t give you enough space to take some profit or go break even. There is a trouble area on every trade,but what makes the difference is the distance. In this case you got enough space to take profit for the money you risked.

Cheers

what do you think about this setup?
spotted on H4 time frame on EUR/USDā€¦

BUEBā€¦butā€¦there is something in my mind screaming to not take this setupā€¦

took that last night and woke up to hitting my TP. always nice to wake up to 2% gain.

ok guys check this out on the USDCAD forming a bearish 2-bar reversal on the 4 hour and forming a nice pin bar on the daily

nice retracement at VBRN of 1.400.

From what I see, the recent candles have formed a start of a downtrend. U can see the 1,2,3 formation from the highest high, downwards. Just my opinionā€¦

U can short it at the low of the 2bar. Tk profit at the next possible support lvl.

Until the 1,2,3 pattern form up, i prefer to think of it as a retracementā€¦

Any views?

[QUOTE=chisha;548289]Dudest if you didnā€™t put this up I would not have noticed that I donā€™t have GBPNZD on my watchlist mxim.

Add it mate!, when it comes to fx pairs, it donā€™t get any more volatile than GBPNZD!

1. GBPNZD
  2. EURNZD
  3. GBPAUD
  4. EURAUD --> now you know how Krugman made the crazy amount that he talked about :slight_smile:
  5. GBPCAD
  6. GBPJPY --> the yens are famed for volatility, but see where they start in the rankings!
    ā€¦
    ā€¦

Cheers

Bummer for the loss Darth!

Price actually got to the FTA (the area around the doji to the left) before reversingā€¦

Thatā€™s why sometimes if entry is too close to FTA (especially in a counter-trend trade), we let it passā€¦

Cheers

EDIT: Have just seen Bryceā€™s better reply (complete with chart). We are on the same page.

The quiet days of the last couple of weeks have taught me that there is money to be made, but i have benefitted by taking profit at the first logical level reached and moving stops to BE.
I have been tempted to be greedy, but in hindsight, when you get stopped out, you can see the first logical level and where you should have banked some pips. The Rally in USDCAD up to 1.0400 a prime example.

1 Like

very close to a fib level of 50 at around 1.03730 so watch out.

Nice job Darth. Those are the best trades; The ones where you wake and you profit targets are hit and money is in the bank! :smiley:

Oh oh somebody else is working it outā€¦ :58:

Hi Johnathon,

Thanks for the reminder to post the name of the pair or market. Yes, that one was actually 4H gold, lol. I will definitely keep out of that market for the time being. Although I was following a trading plan, I really felt that I got lucky there. Just like you said, I had a hard time determining the correct support for take profit target for that trade. Note to self: stay out of choppy markets with lots of alternating green and red bars :slight_smile: