Forex Price Action

Hello people!

Well got stopped out for a loss, never mind, wait for the next one.

Yeah dudest never saw the BRN at 76.000 should have seen that.
Learning all the time on this thread…:13:

Be good.

Did anyone trade this pinbar? I opened a buy stop above the bar. Let´s see …

Hi, I agree with dudest, also looking on the daily chart it didnt look good to me.
Will be looking for some PA around 77.0, 77.50 to unfold if it gets there. Cheers

Hi salty!

I didn’t get a pinbar on my charts, but have been waiting for a nice PA signal to form at the same place you’ve marked on your chart. Something convincing (on my charts) may yet form. May your entry go well my friend :slight_smile:

Cheers

Hi dudest,

I suspect you’re using a 5-day chart. I do not. But that makes the difference.

Be good

Hey all

Watch AUD/NZD 4H nice BEEB at Resistance.

Hello,

Look out for GBPCHF 4 Hour. I don´t trade minors but perhaps someone else?

Good Trades!

I found this setup last week, seemed very interesting as it was a bar engulfing both previous and it was in an uptrend.

I bought at 1.02689 i am pointing to the 1.0450-1.0500, but have a tight stop. Let’s see where it goes.

Sadly i can’t trade aussie crosses because i see some good setups here. :frowning:

New York close charts. This info can be found on front page. If you need anymore help just sing out.

Johnathon

Little higher and would have been all over it. Still valid BEEB all the same with plenty of chance to go south.

Well done on your win, but please be very careful buying at the top of a move or selling from the bottom. We need to see pullbacks.

This also is not a engulfing bar as the low of the candle was not lower than the previous candle.

Please keep in mind that yes we can get away with these on occasions and yes it feels great to have a winner please be careful not to let that good feeling ingrain bad habits, as over time unless we play the best setups from the best areas we can not be profitable.

Also keep in mind I am only trying to help!:5:

Johnathon

Well done to all the voted in the “Best System of the Month” competition.

Our Price Action thread is the winner for the month of May.

I have chosen to send $50 (thanks to Babypips) to World Vision!

Thanks to all who voted!

Johnathon

Pinbar in AUDJPY NZDJPY - Daily Charts

Congrats Johnathan! You deserve it. I ve been following your thread. So far after a month Ive been getting confident in my trading. I am on my way getting my losses back. Slowly but surely. that’s how I do it.

Are you referring to the pins from a few days ago?

NZDJPY was a pin but the AUDJPY not quite.

I preferred the AUDUSD that I posted previously and took it over these others.

Johnathon

in counter trend trades like audusd and nzdjpy, are pin bars more reliable pa signals than engulfing and 2 bars? are they more likely to signify a trend reversal than other pa candles?

No not more powerful than the rest.

They all show reversals.

2 Bars are just pins over two sessions and engulfing bars are showing that clearly one side (bulls or bears) have taken back control.

And that’s what we are looking for with counter trend. We need to see one side has clearly regained control.

Johnathon

Hi Salty!

Given that EURGBP and GBPCHF are very inversely (negatively) correlated, their charts will be a mirror (inverse) image. So you’re seing the ‘same’ pin you saw on your EURGBP earlier :slight_smile: Since (as Johnathon pointed out) most of us are using 5-day NY-close charts, the pins haven’t appeared on our charts, but there’s still a chance some convincing PA could form to go long (EURGBP H4) or short (GBPCHF H4)

Cheers

Thanks for your vision and help! :wink: Yeah, maybe it was not the perfect setup, but it seemed a good pullback… I am more confident entering the trades in a pullback, than in a supposed “support” reversal, still not knowing when the setup is right.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

I did not catch this one, but it was a pinbar in a support zone.

Would you enter it?

EUR/JPY 1D

Thanks! :wink: