Forex Price Action

That hocus pocus stuff was used to create the results posted above that I disagreed with. You disagreed with me and said the results were all from strategies suggested in this thread. So I simply asked if you could post me some links to dynamic support and volume because I could not find them(I assume you didn’t either since they don,t exist). Anyhow,the results post above were from a system which incorporates cutting losses short,Ih chart ,volume,dynamic support,overleveraged trades.I still believe those results were from techniques not presented in this thread. We will have to agree to disagree

The techniques used to produce those results where in-fact the result of this method, along with my own touch added, there is no point copying something, and not trying to improve on it, I use a few EMAs, VSA and trend lines, which are not part of this thread.

My core method is Price Action, and I use all the types of PA that are discussed in this thread, with the addition of a few others, which I won’t speak about because I know some people here don’t like it…

Also, Dudest, that guy knows his stuff, I made notes from this thread when I was reading it all, and actually, most of the screenshots I copied are from dudest, and bhops.

VSA, EMA’s, Trend lines and so on are not included in this thread, all that is used here is horizontal S/R levels, which 100% works, the reason I added more is due to the lack of trades you get when only trading from horizontal S/R levels. I don’t use EMA’s for crossovers or any of that BS, I use them to make an educated guess as to how over bought/sold a pair is, and also for dynamic S/R in strong trending markets, and also use the 89 EMA to work out how far a retracment could go.

As for the over leveraged trades, I know what I am doing and I can afford to do it, simple as that.
They might not all win, but I always cut losses short and most of the time enter a trade on a 50% retrace to get a tight SL.
Signup to the course to learn about that prob, IDK if it is covered though, maybe someone can tell me?

Here is stats for today:

Motto of the story, find what works for you, and make it better…

P.S - Sorry for kind of jacking this thread, Johno’s method is solid, and if you are learning, then don’t over do things until you understand how horizontal S/R levels work, I remember using this thread to learn proper PA trading, and some of the best trades I have made are from this thread :slight_smile:

You use some of the techniques provided in this thread and others techniques that you have picked up along your trading career. Fair enough.

Like a broken record… pmsl

Well said! However I think showing the actual amount of money you made might steer beginners off track.

I’d love to check out Johno’s method, could you perhaps pm me a link to it please? thanks

If you are talking about me, jealousy is a *****… eh? If not, then woops lol.

This whole thread is about his trading method, Pin Bars, 2 bar reversals, engulfing bars…

I am not signed up for his course, so I am not sure what he teaches in his private lessons, but I would guess it is things like trade management, advanced trade entry, EMA’s, trend lines and so on, imo, if you don’t know about those things, then learn it, sign up to his course or find the info else where.

Off topic, for those of you that celebrate Christmas and the holidays in general, have a great time this season with friends and family.:5:

Oh ok… so johno = Johnathon. Silly me :56:

There are no additional indicator in his course. The graph we see in the course is just as clean as the ones in this thread :slight_smile: He only mentioned Fibo and nothing else.

[I]‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all thro’ the market,
Not a pair was stirring, not even a tick;

[/I]

Merry Christmas all :)!

Cheers!

Merry Christmas all!

I have just reached page 50 of this thread and I think I have a decent understanding of the methodology used with Johnathan’s trading. I think I’ve come a long way and I hope to be able to contribute to the thread soon.

I’m not sure if playing catchup by reading the other 1500 pages is a good idea, but at the very least I will go through all the examples/links listed on the first page.

Cheers!

He doesn’t use EMA’s, trend lines or any other tools. Just a simple clean chart, 2x S/R lines and story behind the price action. :wink: In the course he goes deeper into the trade and money management (which is vital for being profitable constantly) as well as teaches about advanced entries and setups. You may ask any questions you don’t understand in members forum where you will get a good explanation from Senior traders or Johnathon. And many more! :wink:

Richard

Hi All,

Merry Christmas everyone!
Wish everyone the best wherever you are whatever you’re doing!

Cheers

Forex is a very volatile market, and because of that it surprises me to see such, rather small limits set, by respectable brokers.

Happy holidays to all.
Here again EURUSD below RN.
Let’s see how close D.
Compliments to the thread.

EURUSD H6 Pin Bar

This is a CT pin imo, but it looks a great setup, the upper wick is MASSIVE and it really sticks out from all other PA, also it is at a good daily level. I might not be expecting too much of a drop from this, my final TP will be around 1.36 area depending on what PA is doing.

Excuse my entry, I opened on a different signal… to enter this using this strategy, you enter once the LOW of the pin bar has broken, and stop loss is above the wick of the pin.

USDollar H6 Pin Bar

I think this is a good setup as it is with the trend and at a good level where price has broken what was resistance, which has now turned to support, which in my books makes this a good level to take a trade from. Also entered early on different PA.

This could also be used to enter the Bullish engulfing that printed a few days back, at a better price as the low has not been broken.

Did anyone catch the H6 Pin on USDCHF also? It is a nice trade imo.

Massive compared to recent PA
Closes within previous candle
At good daily level

Sorry Adam, but taking intraday CT signal on Friday never really seems like a good idea for me. I won’t deny that those pinbars look so sexy and tempting, though. :wink:

The only reason I took the trades is because the level they are at, I usually don’t open trades on friday afternoon, but those looked too good to miss out on, they could go wrong as could any trade, but I think these are going to turn out big winners :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

So I’ve finally been through all the links on the first page - I’ve think I’ve got at least a basic understanding of the Price Action method and will be looking to implement it myself in the New Year and hoping to be sharing some good results with you all.

I have a quick question (just to settle myself before I jump in).

I’ve read time and time again for the new guys to start trading on the daily charts, and I want to do this. However, I’m from Sydney and New York close co-indices with the start of the business day (and therefore work) for me. I will likely get a chance to run through my charts at work, but I wanted to ask how important it is to look at the charts at exactly New York close? Would it be an issue if I was to look at them say 3-4 hours after close (coinciding with my lunch break?). I know the option is there for me to only trade the 4 hour charts at night, but obviously we want to be trading daily charts first.

Thanks so much for your patience and help in this thread. Johnathan has shared a great trading strategy and it looks like a few people have contributed greatly to keep this thread going.

Thanks

Checking Daily chart 3 - 4 hours after NY close is not a big issue at all. The fact that we enter the sleepy Asian session after the American goes to sleep is a mixed blessing. I did it all the time, and I could tell you here that I very rarely miss all the fun. :smiley: