Forex Price Action

I also learned that the hard way :confused: [ and come to think of it, it was also on Gold! ]

Small pins after larger momentum candles = TROUBLE.

That’s just profit-taking or sucking up of opposite orders going on.

Cheers

Hi all,

Just again for my learning abilities (and I’m sure it’ll be useful to those who are still newish and still browsing this thread).

This is on the 4hr EUR/GBP Chart

I think I got it correct this time.

1 - With the trend
2 - PA signal (bearish pin bar at swing high)
3 - It is large and stands out

Would set this and woken up to approx 200 pips in profit!

Cheers!

Very nice pin! Make sure you set your entry below the pin though for this set up, somewhere around 0.83600.

Thats the way to do it Panupat ending the year in a good note. nice

Oh Gold, we all love you after all!
I’m happy to say even though market stopped me out, it has turned the way I was hoping for :slight_smile: which means following the trend pays out + more important: level has been marked up correctly.

It almost feels like a win! :-)))

Interesting to see how others set their levels. I would not even look at this pin as my daily levels were in different places. While I agree to points 2 & 3, where do you have trend on this pair?

Nevertheless, well done making 200 pips on this move :slight_smile:

My levels for comparison.

Hi Ivanic!

Good job on putting in the time and continued learning, will pay off great!

A few pointers on the EURGBP pin:

The formation of the pin was perfect, good spot!

This is a RANGE trade rather than a trend trade

The high of the pin was rejecting the swing high ( S/R lines drawn from H4 ).

–> Usually, you want to be drawing your S/Rs on D1, then looking for trades on D1/Hx (x = intra-day timeframe)

–> Personally, I prefer pins whose body is at/around the swing high (as opposed to the tail), gives more room to trade into, but this formation is still valid ( so long as you are not trading into support ).

The difference in pips is ~ 20pips, not 200 :slight_smile: [ 0.8363 - 0.8343 = 20pips ]

Keep posting up the charts!

Cheers :slight_smile:

…skipped all the tools from my 3 first months of learning and joined you philosophy. Excellent tread. Thank you. Looking forward to the next “few” pages.
Henning from the north

Happy New Year Everyone~!

On NZD/USD 4h, is that a 2BR?

Should we trade this? because the banks are on holiday and also the FTA (will you consider it as a strong FTA? 0.8208) very close to the entry point

Hi HumblePai,

I’m no expert but the guys in the thread have been preaching not to trade if you have any doubts or concerns. Only take the absolute best setups and ensure that we remain to trade another day.

If I was in your position, I wouldn’t trade simply because of your concern regarding holidays etc…however that is my opinion and whether you should or shouldn’t trade this is your decision.

Happy New Year!

Hi guys.

Not sure if entering a trade before New Year would be good idea, but my order was triggered yesterday.

GBPCAD H4 Bullish Engulfing Bar, resistance turn support. With the up trend. Already in the positive, hope the holiday wouldn’t drop the price low ^-^

The trend is not as obvious as GBPAUD which I also liked very much.

Hi Panuput,

May I know why you put your EP over there?
I thought the EP should place on top of the white candle (BUEB) ?

It’s strange because I had a completely different close on the 2nd bar on Pepper. What platform are you using?

after a month of reading this thread, i have learned more than what i have learned in my 2 years of trading…HOWEVER, i have a strong suggestion for john about forexschoolonline (i did not register YET)

i have found out about your site before this thread and it PUT ME OFF because of the “commercial appeal” it had like all the rest of the rip off sites out there…esp. the “pitch” to join…once i found this thread and saw the knowledge in it i was SHOCKED…this level of prefossional does not show when a casual trader goes through your site…i was lucky to find out about this thread

so i have a question
does being a member worth the 287USD?do they post live trades actively? do the money management section worth it?..if the answer is yes then i believe you need to really showcase this John…by posting old pictures from the members forum where you discuss these live trades…lets be honest the reason anyone want to pay that amount of money is so we can access this forum where people are talking about live trades…as i understood actively?

Hopefully John can PM you directly or if you go on to the front page of the FSO site there is a link so you can contact him directly. I say this so we can keep this thread clean of FSO talk and just concentrate on talking PA set-ups.

To quickly answer your question, yes trades are discussed live. There are separate threads for live Daily trades, Weekly trades and Intraday trades.

There is also a thread for Senior Traders only, so you can see posts from successful traders who have been trading PA for a while and what type of trades they are planning to take.

Hope that helps and once again I encourage you to contact J directly.

First time I jumped into live trading, I blew about $2,000 in a week. So… That was less than a year ago.

$2,000 for nothing. Vs. $300 for knowledge I can use and build upon my entire trading life. :wink: I guess you know my answer.

I think the most important thing I picked up from his course and his forum was temperament. Chart discussion is very similar to this thread, but you get to read comments from experienced traders which over time, slowly, really impact the way I think in a positive way.

@tonyshieh, it’s a retrace entry not covered in this thread, sorry for the confusion.

yes sorry i dont want to derail this thread…so i emailed john

moreover, is there a reason people are obsessed with trading against the trend? to me, there isnt a pin bar big enough to make it worth the trade against the trend

Silver Sell
Chart XAGUSD, H4, 2014.01.02 13:59 UTC, Ikon Group, MetaTrader 4, Real - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

Chart XAGUSD, D1, 2014.01.02 14:00 UTC, Ikon Group, MetaTrader 4, Real - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

Anybody is trading this big pin bar?

Hi bhops,

I’m currently using MT4 from AxiTrader

To my understanding, trading with trend just stacks more odds in your favor. It’s up to your trading plan really whether you want to play counter trend or not.

My H4 chart doesn’t look the same, can’t see any pin bar. Here’s my Pepperstone chart. (My daily chart does look similar tho)

Many bearish engulfing bars are forming on GBP daily pairs. However, it’s sitting right at the level where previous resistance turn support. Not the time to go short yet, for me. I’ll be watching closely at their levels. Hopefully they’ll fire some signal to go long with the trend.

Here’s my GBPUSD daily chart