Forex Price Action

AJ
Looking for longs

NZDUSD
this happened just before the market closed…bit annoying

USDJPY

not a swing low…but im confident this will keep rising

Hi dudest,

I’m seriously looking at these 2 possible A+ trade setups - USDJPY D1 and SGDJPY D1:

They look like our classic A+ setups, but the pinbars are somewhat a bit too high. I’ll be more delighted if thet went lower and formed a ‘fakey’ (Coach J has a name for that situation, I just forgot what’s the exact term for ‘fakey’ pinbar). Alas, that’s not what we have here. What do you think?

CJ

Looking for long chances

btw…im posting all these charts dont mean im trading any of them…i am just saying there is a chance some of these become A+ and thus i will trade them

i just posted these seconds before you…not really a classic set up as a pin bar didnt form in a swing low…but its pretty safe to assume the price will shoot up

True, but we rarely have faraway pullback in a strong trending situation. JPY pairs have been going uptrend strongly these last couple of weeks, that’s why I’m interested in both setups here.

Hi WM, just remember,
as many traders in the world, there will be so many versions of S/R lines + don’t forget to treat them as zones rather than to-the-pip lines & consider wicks when marking them. I’m not saying what I have had on my chart below is correct, I just noticed that top rejection of the price was at wick-end levels, price has not closed above it for a while, then it broke it and returned creating a PB. Through the whole zone, not just a level.

If you ignore information from the wicks, you might miss plenty of opportunities as price often does not return there in strong trends, like JPY pairs. Just look at my lower zone from the chart below as an example and zoom in to 4h chart in order to have a look what signal has it given at that level (but never at candles’ close…).

Fil
my Cheat Sheet

Exactly my thought. I’m looking for every opportunity I can to hop on board with such strong trend (keeping it H4 and above still.)

Post up your GBPUSD D1 (+ your levels) we compare! [ H4 has ‘too much’ going on :slight_smile: ]

what the hell mine is a little different !..this is liteforex version it should be new york closing?

@dudest i just downloaded hotforex and it looks like my other charts from liteforex…still doesnt look like urs…is this a problem in my end?

also i just joined FXO

Try Pepperstone and/or FXDD.

For the longest time I thought FXPro was a 5 day NY close charts too. Turned out it is not. It’s very close, but still slightly different.

F[B]S[/B]O
:8: welcome to the school and hope I’ll see you around!

liteforex and hotforex have 5 candles per week…i just checked

ok seems hotforex is actually the same as pepperstone…the problem is with liteforex

i will just switch to hotforex…tho they use market execution and for some reason it scares me…maybe because im not used to it?

Hello everybody,

few questions from my side.
Was looking at EUR/CAD to go long. On H4 PB has formed almost on where I draw support and as support should be treated as zone and not exact number I was thinking to take that trade, but problems started with my internet (seems lucky me this time) and I have passed this trade and it went opposite direction I’ve expected. Chart bellow.

Did I overlooked something and that wasn’t A+ setup?
Second question if big PA has formed on S/R and there is not enough place to get good R/R, you’d skip this one or manage somehow?

FXO? Never heard that.

If you mean FSO, then welcome to the Otherhood! :smiley:

could you perhaps aware me on where this pinbar is? I can’t seem to find a valid one anywhere on that chart

I’m one of the newer guys but I might try and answer this and someone else can justify whether my answer is correct.

1 - The chart you have attached seems to be ranging. It’s hard for me to determine how it’s an uptrend (and therefore why you’d go long).

2 - You are trading right back into traffic. Look to the left of the pin bar, and see how many times price has bounced around support and resistance because it’s a ranging market.

3 - Personally, I like pin bars to be relatively larger than other candles and sticks out. In this case it kind of is, but because of that I wouldn’t take it. I’d only take it if it was slapping me in the face screaming “HEY LOOK AT ME. I STICK OUT SO BAD SO YOU SHOULD TRADE ME”.

1. That wasn’t a pin bar. A pin bar needs to have wick 3 times longer than its real body. That pin’s body was 40 pips while the wick was 60 pips.

2. The recent bearish movement was insane on this pair. You want a much larger and much more obvious signal to go against that.

3. Every trade has a chance to lose. An important thing to keep in mind :slight_smile:

Are you talking about the PB that is 12 candles back and why that PB wasn’t respected? If so, I would say the size isn’t large enough compared to others around it.