Forex Price Action

AJ, you’re 16000 th…

:35::23::35:

What do people think of this level, 4H EURAUD?

Looks good. 1-2-3 down trend confirmed, support turned resistance, and of course #16000 BRN :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is what I see on the AUD/USD 1D. Pin is forming at previous support levels. Overall trend is down. I have a sell order pending if it hits below the pin. Current pin candle closes for me in 2 hours. Not a ton of room to run to the next level but I like the overall pull back and continuation possibilities. I’m short at .8993. If it fires off, I’m riding it down to about .8890 and will most likely TP there. May move my SL to break even. SL is at .9093

Is that a NY close chart? I am not seeing a pin on my daily Aussie chart.

Hello Justice,

I have been away for a couple of weeks out of this thread because have been flat out with other things and Christmas/New Year Holidays etc I am a little bit surprised to come back and see so many posts in this thread taken up with indicators and I can also see one of our seniors has got in on the act.

You may not have read the first page so this is not your fault, but this thread is not about any indicators at all. We keep the talk to price action only. There are plenty of other threads all around the world that love to jam all sorts of stuff on their charts, but the reason this method and thread works is because we don’t confuse everything and mix everything together. We concentrate on learning and trading the price action as it is being printed.

I am not going to start the whole volume conversation because it doesn’t matter to be honest, it’s the same as all the other indicators to be frank, the just ain’t needed if you understand how to read price correctly.

The other thing is I have been right through your PDF that you posted and all the other trades you have posted (I see every post that gets put up in here) and rather than worrying about indicators, you would be far, far better off spending your time learning about swing highs, lows and value areas and the price action story like we discuss in the course you are a member of now and also the the criteria for the trigger setups. A lot of the trades you have taken don’t meet the criteria to make them valid. An example of the swing point for you is the BEEB you discuss HERE is at a swing low when we want to be taking them at swing highs.

Hope this helps Justice. If you have any other questions let me know.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Hey Average Joe.

I’m on Eastern standard time (NY time) and I have filtered out Sunday candles. I set my first candle to start Monday at 12:01AM NY time. 5th candle ends at 5:00 on Friday. I use OandA as my broker. Not sure if that helps. Do I need to tweak my candle settings? Please advise.

Candle closed. Pin formed. I zoomed in so you can see this is a 5 bar week.

One thing to be careful - the gap caused during weekends can act as support/resistance. So keep a close eye on this one if you enter the trade.

Nice catch Panupat! If it triggers that is definitely something to keep an eye on. Should I place my trigger at the top of the gap maybe?

I’m not sure about entering. But I’d say this is the level you should be careful.

I’m not very intrested, have a look at Daily Time frame , we’ve vbrn 1.5000 and an important resistant .

Missed it.

My S/R level was a bit higher, thought it was still OK to draw is abit lower (around the low of previous pins)

Hope it goes down like a rock for you!

Cheers!

Hallo knotthead,

If your broker has a Sunday candle by default, then tweaking won’t help. “5-day NY-close” spec must come from the broker’s side ( i.e, feed ).

Check out Post #8 for charting alternatives to use/compare with.

Cheers

i read all posts and fair enough…i dont really consider anything i use an indicator but i will respect your wishes

i will work on swing points

Just to update my trade, manual closed this out as price was struggling to fall away nicely and gave me reason that it may continue up. walked away with 0.2% which is better than loss.

Darth

A break-even is a profit in my books (esp with all that chop!)

Well done!

not a pin bar bro has candle did not close within previous candle. Your chart looks very different to mine.

Darth

Anyone ? Comments are welcome…

Speaking of weekend and intraday trade, I have forgotten to close pending order for intraday trade more than once. It has cost me a fortune, and it always makes me do the SOP with my favorite spot.