Forex Price Action

Hi Sicnarf,

Pinbar body should close in Previous Candle (including wick) (Not previous Candle body) … I will search for some chart when I am in front of my laptop… As of now if you are using pepperstone. Go to AUD/USD and see around 1-June-2012 - 3-June-2012 Daily Chart … You will see a pin bar(If I am not mistaken).

Cheers
HA

Yeah pepperstone hahaha peppermint lol. Nice bearish engulfing on that pair you’re talking about. Also that NzdUsd by ariffx looks creamy. It’s just that it makes you think since they’re against the trend. Although pairs seem to be reversing like crazy this week.

Just checked that out, that’s a very solid pinbar on June 1 2012 on the AudUsd Daily. Yes please if you’ve got the time please post examples from your charts. Thank you :slight_smile:

AUDUSD H4

Watch for bullish PA around parity level, reasons:

1. Previous resistance
  2. Key psychological level 1.0000
  3. With the H4 uptrend direction
  4. Line-up with fib62

Please read: The Pin Bar

Hi bygjj,

Not so :), you will not miss all my contributions, still here as well!
I’ve got an encouragement for you: the concepts and knowledge taught so far in this thread are sound, and enough to start trading profitably.

In FSO, the details of money & risk management concepts are brought out very clearly, and live trades are plainly shared and discussed.

But whether or not you join FSO (I hope you get to!), you have a very good base right here in the pages of this thread.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link :slight_smile:

What time GMT do the new york daily candles close. Simply because I can’t get the NY charts at work.

Why not? I have put the link about for them for you. If you need help with something else let us know and maybe we can help?

I can get them at home but restrictions at work mean I can’t get them here. I don’t always get chance to check them in the morning.

Hi all what does BUEB stand for ? thanks

@Johnathon

I have an important note about your post telling not to trading inside bars and indecision candles.
This is also for everyone. You maybe should not post setups about ib ans ind candles because of the willing and respect of Johnathons thread here, but:

You’re not trading the indecision, you’re trading the breakout of the indecision. So essentially when the market decides which direction it wants to go, you jump in with the breakout momentum. Breakouts from periods of consolidation and indecision can be very powerful and return good risk/reward.

And you also do not trade ib and indecision candles in the middle of the chart. You trade it also from obvious setups like swing highs and lows.

So finally that is my opinion and I had good results with inside bars and indecision candles, because I have also a good trading edge to them.

Safe trades to all here :slight_smile:

I forgot to my previous post:

I also only trade ib and indecision candles on the daily charts as they are more lucrative there.

I forgot something to my previous post.

I only trade the ib and indecision candle on the daily charts as it is more lucrative than the 4H.

Heya,

and yes like I said this may suit some people and there are plenty of other threads that discuss this. If that suite a traders style then they should go about trading them, but not in here as we don’t use them as entry signals. They can be very useful for reading the price action story.

Can I ask how long have you been consistently profitable trading IB’s and indecision bars?

Thanks for your post,

Johnathon

Mate try fxstreet.com , they have live charts and one of them is NY close

Bullish Engulfing Bar, For details Have a look at the article written by Johnathon

Bullish and Bearish Engulfing Bars Introduction

Thanks - will give them a look.

@Johnathon

I am trading since 7 months on the forex market. The first 3 months I was trading on a demo account and after beeing profitable I switched to a live trading account.

I traded also IB’s and indecision candles. According my trading Journal the win rate of only IBs and Indecision candle I traded was probably 80 - 90% as I trade them on the breakout and at obvious places.

My general win rate is approximately 60 - 65%.

Safe trading

90% of win rate on IB’s over the last few months is super impressive. I gotta hand it to you that is fantastic!

I could never over the long haul average anything even close to that trading IB’s and Indecision. Yes I had plenty of months where I made money from them but over many months I just couldn’t make them work.

So if they are working for you keep it going.

There are many ways to skin and cat and also many ways to make money!!

Safe trading.

Hemantarora,

thanks for answerng some questions over the last few pages and helping out!

Johnathon

@Johnathon

How many years are you in the forex market?