Forex Price Action

This can be a very quiet time of the year Buster Re quality set-ups. I tend to take the POV that if I have nothing interesting to say I don’t say anything at all!

how do anyone think about this pin bar? it up trend but nearly BRN 0.91000.
USDCHEF 8H Time frame.

Pity certain wives don’t think along the same lines bhhops (hope she doesn’t see this or I’m dead)

Note that this short would be going against a really strong trend. However, with very little to lose and much to gain, I would short it, if I was looking at 8hr charts to trade.

Well that PB is about 2/3 bearish and it is on top of the line so to me it does looks tratable.

Off topic, But Jamie what Candle stick pattern indictor do you use :slight_smile:

Pinbar on support line NZD/USD, however it is preceeded by a slightly bigger bearish bar

right now is in a area where there is to much traffic and is having a hard time making up its mined.However the weekly trend is bullish so will see in the next 4 or 5 hrs.

Hello PA’ers! Been a long time since my last post here.

My first live PA trade is concluded as a 1,7% of total account size loss. It was based on a trend line, a weak PA signal.

9 pips after my stop was hit, the market reversed and plummeted down to BE levels.

Notes to self:

• Use the horizonal S&R lines, they are far more reliable with signals than trend lines
  • Pick only the strong signals and wait for confirmation
  • Keep in mind, it’s just the first of many, many trades

Any thoughts guys?

Hi,

Losses happen to the best of us :slight_smile:
I use trend lines more as a confidence booster, never a reason to enter.
Traders may use trend lines, but the world runs on supply and demand. (or money…or gummy bears w.e you want. Set gummy resistance here)

Not all strong signals generate good runs. Some might be so strong that that signal in itself was the move.
What trade did you enter?

I’m currently in EURNZD sell on the Daily. Sorry no chart, I’m at work :frowning:

just a free version on mt5, buts got almost all the good ones, and you can edit out the ones you don’t want to see.
I’m still new so this indicator helps alot with learning the different patterns as there is so many.

MT5 Candlestick Indicator Link

Been testing alot about trendlines myself tbh, couple things i have found that drastically improve entering a trend are as follows.

1. trading with the larger timescale trend. (I.E wait for current and higher timezones to trend in the same direction.)
  2. wait for a confirmed swing before trade entry.

[B]Downtrend Example [/B]

(Example A) Price closes below the last bullish bar’s low since the swing high.
(Example B) latest candle has a higher high and has closed lower than the previous bullish bar.
Example B is a A+ setup. (IMO)

(gap) I personally also like to see the next candle open below the close of the previous bar for further confirmation.
this gap would trigger my entry.

Another thing to also watchout for is the lower wick size,
basically if you had a large lower wick on example B then this would indicate support, and you would be likely to see a retrace around that area, or a potential reversal.

these formations also hold true for pure support and resistance trading and can help confirm a swing H/L.
anyways hope this helps.

Hello semmee, thanks for the encouragement.

Also short on EURNZD, that one isn’t looking very peachy either, is it? :slight_smile: I’m sure it’ll turn around…

The trade I took was on AUDCAD, and in hindsight, I swear it looked better on a website chart at work!

Surprisingly no one is talking about that perfect daily bullish pinbar on E/U from the 6th.
Did everyone skip it because of ECB.

Prices don’t know but it changes as the Forex up and down occurs and best way to overcome is Binary option software which is used by us.

officially confused

i suspect EURNZD to find resistance around 1.60000 in the next couple weeks

Hello to all…this is my first post here in this thread and babypips too.
I’m not an expert…i only studied a lot of the free articles on FSO website and i’m still studying through the links on the first page so take my answer with some doubt and wait for also an answer from the senior members.
However i think that pinbar was not a good setup because it formed directly after a strong bearish trend.
It would be better to wait for a bullish pullback and then for a short signal.

There is a recent article on setup section on FSO website that descibe a very similar setup than this one on EU pinbar. I can’t post links because this is only my first post here but it’s the article about GU 4H BUEB 5th august.

Just my 2 cents :57:

If it is the bullish pinbar that formed on the 6th, then my main concern would be that it is against the daily and weekly trend.
i must admit though the weekly pinbar is looking rather strong on that support level. (providing it closes as one)

Yes…i was talking about 6th august bullish pinbar because foshogun was surprise because nobody talked about it.
And I agree with you.

Hello Johnathon and Dudest,

Your explanation toward 2-bar reversal bought me a lot of clarity and more deeper understanding toward reading candlestick.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Best regards,
Caz