Forex pros, read this!

Hey.

I’m looking for a mentor, a real mentor who won’t ask for money for his/her “services”. (why would a successful trader ask for money if he is successful, right?!)

I don’t know if there is anybody who would guide me and give me his knowledge for any reason, but its worth a try to make this thread.

I love to learn, and I love to make money!

Thanks,

Martin

-Money won’t make you happy, but its better to cry in a limousine instead of a tram. -

Conversely, why would a successful trader use his/her valuable time to teach you for nothing in return?

Show some initiative. It’s all out there, and it’s free. But you’ll never get anywhere looking for a handout…

@martin999: Unfortunately i already have too many people i am closely mentoring but i would love to help you out :slight_smile: what Master Tang says is correct, ALL the information is out there but i guess what you are looking for is what most look for, a concrete set of things to study and learn that will make them profitable, almost like you want someone to tell you what you need to learn to be successful, because if you copy a successful trader you’ll be successful too right? well thats not how it works :l here is something i posted a while ago:

I have bought two courses in the past:
Market Traders Institute Ultimate Traders Package: $6,000
Nial Fuller’s Price Action Trading Methods (comes with access to his forums and daily trades): $400

I can tell you from personal experience that these two courses have a wide array of awesome information, strategies, fundamental theory, market psychology training etc. And i can also tell you that you can find literally everything in both of these courses within the Baby Pips School of Pipsology, i’m not kidding :l

There is quite literally an infinite amount of ways one can trade the market profitably, different indicators, different strategies, different types of analysis, it all depends on the trader who is trading that system, I think when people go out and buy a system or training course all they are looking for is the strategy that professionals use, because then it has to work right?

WRONG!! :stuck_out_tongue:

If you could just take someones strategy and trade it yourself and be profitable then everyone who tries out the forex would be rich, so then why isnt that so? Because in the same way price moves by market psychology, the most difficult part of trading is controlling your own psychology and emotions, most people cant do it, otherwise you could go into the forums right now and look at someones strategy and be profitable starting tomorrow, but that isnt the case…

Because all of this is true you can assume A) That it is not the system or method you trade that makes you directly profitable; therefore you don’t need to pay for a trading system when you have access to an unlimited amount of profitable strategies online and B) Because controlling my own psychology to trade like a machine is what makes me directly profitable (good traders can make money trading any decent strategy) then what i need to do is pick a strategy and learn it like the back of my hand, and then train myself to trade it to the letter

I can personally recommend my own system, it has no indicators, is very simple to those with a basic knowledge of the forex, and is extremely profitable to those who can trade it properly: 301 Moved Permanently

"The basic idea behind this system is simple, when there is indecision in the market there are only three things that can happen

1. The price will continue in the same direction
  2. The price will reverse and go the opposite way
  3. The price will stay indecisive

So all this system does is find the signs of indecision then decide where it is most probable the market will go"

What i would suggest you do is this:

1. Go through the Babypips School of Pipsology, learn it all, go through it a couple of times to make sure you retain all of the knowledge, this will be your single greatest tool for trading the market, the knowledge in there is pretty much all you will ever need to know to trade

2. Go in to the Trading Systems Section of the forum, using all you learned from the babypips school look at peoples strategies and how they trade, figure out and understand why their systems work, how they work, come up with ways you could make them better, find their pros and cons etc. This is single handedly responsible for my own trading becoming profitable

3. Trade. open up your trading account and start to trade a system you’ve found and like, with your own tweaks if you like, remember, the hardest part of trading is not finding a system, it is trading it like a robot! write out a very specific set of rules for your trading, reduce human interpretation as much as possible, follow your system to the letter, account for every possibility, and then have confidence! even a strategy as simple as an EMA cross with flat tp’s can be extremely profitable if you mange yourself correctly, not your system, you :stuck_out_tongue:

and that is my advice, message me if you have any questions :slight_smile: or you could even post your questions on the forum, im sure there are many people who would be more than happy to help you out

Wow, thank you! I will check out your thread, it looks good!

The reason why I’m looking for someone (who I can trust !!!) is that I never believed in “be a millionare in a month” books, etc.

I already started trading with an own “newbie” strategy: I simply check where the trend is going in 4H, 1H, 15M and check economy news to confirm the trend. IMO the confirmed trend will continue in the same direction for more days so I open a trade in that way. If I lose a trade then I wait for days to confirm that the trend is changed and then I continue trading.
Edit: I check news several times during my trades.

I won 5 trades by x pips and lost 1 trade by x/2 pips, so it works yet, but I’m a newbie and I can easily make mistakes. :slight_smile: A wise, experencied trader could help me to reduce my mistakes.

No method is 100% perfect and everyone makes mistakes. youve just got to cut your losses when they happen and thank the big guy up stairs you were smart/disciplined enough to only risk 2% of your account.

Thanks SithJawa for your detailed reply. It helped me to understand some points related with forex that was not clear so far.

@martin999 and haley12: I almost don’t want to say this but it IS possible to turn a $1,000 account into a million in a year or less, i’ve known a russian investor all my life and he has done it multiple times (aha he blew his account twice…), and i myself am only just passing my sixth month in forex but i’m almost at my goal as well, so it IS possible, that being said however… I know someone who has done it before so i had a guy to help me out when i needed it, and more importantly then that I am a member of MENSA with a long list of academic accomplishments and awards, I dropped out of college where i was studying physics in order to spend all of my time investing so that i could go back to study physics because it is my passion not so it will have to be my job, I’ve spent at least 6 hours a day everyday for the past 5ish months studying and analyzing the markets, im not kidding, there hasn’t been a day that i haven’t yet, aha i’m on vacation now and im glued to my computer! :stuck_out_tongue: So with the right mind and an absurd amount of spare time anyone could do it, that being said i doubt very many people have the mind much less the spare time to “master the markets” :l but thats okay, just check out my system after you go through the babypips school, thats where i learned how to trade :slight_smile: I hate making controversial statements because i dont see the need for useless confrontation, so if anyone disagrees with what i said please check my system :slight_smile: the best way to learn is through experience, it is a slower but higher quality learning, btw the first system i ever traded was (5) (10) EMA cross system with flat take profits, i used multiple time frames to confirm my entries, its similiar to what you’re doing just with EMA’s for a visual :slight_smile:

p.s. I’ll say it again, look at my system!

Thank you Jawa for your help!

I meant to last a thread named ‘Candlestick Patterns (Daily Timeframe Only)’, see in the section of the forum. But unfortunately, I couldn’t due to over responsibility. I’m profitable with the way I’m trading, I’m happy with it, but when it came to sharing with others, I guess I was afraid to pull the trigger and I ended up making only average or no trades at all for months. But there are some vivid interesting posts I’ve made therefore I encourage you to go out and see for yourself some of the trades that I’ve taken. http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/41928-candlestick-patterns-daily-timeframe-only.html

I still trade in a similar matter and I’m comfortably on profit (around 35% from January). It’s very similar to the system JAWA described.

Also I would recommend you learn some Macroeconomics and basic Banking and Finances just to have a clue of what a hell is going on the global perspective. Go to: Khan Academy - you have thousands of free videos on any subject you can think of. From math to history.

Cheers.

In trading you must seek help just like an alcoholic or a drugadict goes to those anonymus groups that in most cases are for free. We are money and overtrading adicts and for worse we are perfectionists adicts too. And just like any adiction it has no cure. The few adicts who really make it they also have re-falls and the only solution is to go back to the support group. Succesfull traders here they will not talk about their strategies because in most cases it is so easy that is really hard to explain. But they will talk about their systems, their rules and their secrets. In fact there is no real secret in forex and there is no point in charging for those “secrets” because there are only three:

Cut your loses short

Let your profits run

Trade selectively.

The hard part is to do so. Nobody can teach you that.

Hey Martin,

i think its better if you say a little bit abt urself. How long have u been trading? What did u learn so far? What kinda trader u r?

Thank you

Oh, BTW

I wont say that i can be ur mentor, but I can definitly be ur trading buddy if u need one. I am in this business for a year now. I am still learning too. Give me a msg if u r interested.

Good luck with ur trading !

Professional traders don’t focus heavily on fundamentals ----- Whilst there are pro traders who do use fundamentals, I can assure that most do not. The ones that do use them do so because they are interested in the fundamentals more than anything, and they likely use them as ‘confirming’ factors for what they see on the charts. There is simply no real reason to rely heavily on Forex news and fundamentals because all of these variables are ultimately reflected via the price movement on a naked price chart. Sure, it’s good to be aware of the most volatile news releases like Non-Farm Payrolls or interest rate announcements, but beyond having an awareness of the timing of these releases in order to tighten stops or take profits, there is really no use in analyzing them in-depth. If you want to see how a news event or economic release affects a market, simply look at its price action, because all variables are ultimately reflected via a markets price action.

I would like to give answer to this question just to clarify why:
why would a successful trader ask for money if he is successful, right?!

We are living in a world where we invest our time to earn mone. That money is used for our living costs.
Trader is a person who trades to earn money for a living.

He needs to invest his time to teach someone to trade and for that he demands money.

Do not think like you are thinking now. It is wrong way of thinking and you should only try to find the best mentor for cheap price.

To find a good mentor for free is hard but not impossible. Good luck to you :slight_smile: