Forex top traders earning millions?

hi tommor… u think like an institional trader :wink:

unfortunately, I do not have a million on my bank account (like many ind fx traders). if u make 25% in year 1, the same in year 2. and i do have a $ 10.000 start account. then…
i’m still not earning a decent salary.

not winning…
little winning
25% each year…
I think we need more… do we? 20% each month on a consistent basis for example?

what do u think?

I think the target should be 100% on the account capital per year. But this is just an aspiration to equalise the risk per year (especially the first year) of trading with real money. Just as an individual trade should have a r:r of at least 1:1, then so should the trading project. The process is based on the capability of the stable strategy the trader determines to use, not the talents or luck of of the trader.

But 25% profit per year will lead to an incredibly useful income even if you start with just £1000. Its just going to take longer for that income to equal a full-time professional career.

2 Likes

Ok. 100% each year should be a nice goal. Personally… I’m not such a fan of strategies. overall, there is one strategy. little risk, high return. i personally think MTF analysis is needed to become more profitable. (strategies like 3 times moving average or morning star + nice divergence??? do not work) But sure, some plan when to enter, exit, risk percentage, trading overnight/overweekend, what pairs/indices to use etc. is needed.

I agree it takes +/- 10 years to become a prof trader. full time isn’t necessary i think. checking the market a few times each day could also work (next to doing a normal job).

alternative: do 10-20% each year by using a managed account by investment bank.

I think top 100 traders, some of them billionaires, do have a deeper understanding how to do 20-60% each month. then it just takes a few years even if your start with just $ 1000. a percentage of top traders still trading with self earned money. (non institutional)

what do u think? how to do this extra mile? instead of 100% each year -> 20% each month = x 9 each year. or 40% = x 57 each year. top 100 traders earning big.

These are all stats that most industries can claim. Very few businesses actually succeed in any start up. You can easily make very good money forex trading i have many people i know day in day out making very nice incomes. Ill believe what my eyes see and try it for myself rather than read them stats and not even begin especially with a negative mindset. Trust in yourself is the most important thing

1 Like

Nice reply! Motivation, trust in success maybe is even more important than statistics.

A new trading week is ahead of us… I will now focus on trading again… I’m very curious to see the development of my own open trades i do have in the market… if they will actually cross the traingle week setup of GBPJPY. then i do have a nice start to develop the trackrecord of the ‘strategy’ I’m using atm. See u guys next weekend hopefully! happy trading this week!

However, if you can manage to keep your job, or just any job, and compound your profits…whoa!!!

Compound for just one year will change everything. Especially if you can periodically take money from your job and keep adding your trading account.

In just one year you can change the rest of your life. Of course, that countdown starts AFTER you’ve paid your dues to the school of hard knocks and became consistently profitable.

Jeez. If you’ve started to become consistently profitable, I’d try to move into my car and just stop paying rent for one year and just throw all of my would-be-rent money into my trading account.

If you could just keep your head on straight under those circumstances for only ONE year, holy cow…

hahaha. :wink: nice reply once more! life in ur car for one year. (i though about living with my mam for one year…) indeed not paying any rent… go in for 100%…

he guys… my website is not responding… i know +200% is nice in just 2 weeks… thank u all for sharing.

1 Like

One step back, two steps forward.

Well, if you’re being diligent and can maintain (if not, increase) your discipline, three steps forward.

went in today… but didn’t liked the entry. so one more shot needed…

this week? hit buy limit 3rd trade?

i think one more week of consolidation -> next week -> break?
what do u guys think?

maybe bullish momentum too strong… we will see.

1 Like

I gotta be honest. I’m getting tired of trading S/R breaks. Bounces are simpler. When it breaks out, so many scenarios can happen.

I’ve gotten chewed up. Sometimes, I catch them nicely.

My ideal is actually catching it at support, then wait to see if it breaks resistance or not. Just in case you run across a similar scenario again.

This way, you’ll already be in the green, and you won’t have to worry about a choppy entry.

1 Like

you mean only doing the 1st trade?

1 Like

Yes. If you think it’s getting close to the end of that trend, try to buy at support.

If it’s gonna go bearish, sell at resistance.

It’s tough to do. I’m trying that now. Enter before all that choppiness starts. It can get messy, and you’ll incur losses trying to get in.

Yes i’m not happy with the 3rd entry i did! have to standardise going 3 times or just doing only the first trade. mmh. now it’s a bit of a rollercoaster… but we are in 3 times…

had to let it go… just 1 trade left open. you are right. more profit in between entries is needed. damn. really spicky. now i have to wait up until 162.5. E 2500. Then 4x500 in broker acc, 1x500 to try next move. else 10% of money (1x trading acc) = in toilet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’re taking on losses, keep trading but reduce the trades to the smallest amount possible.

Also, review your losses and figure out what patterns exist in your losses.

i’m doing atm! :wink: its going down to 145. then up to 162.5

It’s not impossible mate okay but you do need bank to be able to make decent money

We will see what happens next, but you are a very good trader.

Just a generalisation, but in private retail trading there is too much emphasis on a binary outcome - you either make millions or you go broke.

According to this attitude, going broke is definitely failure but so is not making millions. This attitude is simplistic and drives traders into incorrect thought patterns and negative choices.

Traders, just keep in mind that if you have started a business and you are not as rich as Jeff Bezos, that does not make you a failure: what makes you a failure is thinking that trading can make you as rich as Jeff Bezos.

3 Likes

Jup… learned a lesson. went broke on this ‘break’ of gbpjpy.
well. i see a few things i now have changed:

1. adding more trades does not help.
  2. trying to hit a 100’s pips profit just risking a few pips is hard…
    and 3) too much time is wasted… waiting or trying to hit a high target and…
  3. 8x failure… maybe 1 big winner is not productive for the positive mind.

a small little step approach is more workable. (scalping)

from 8 o clock am (gmt+1) i do work till 14. then US session starts at 1430/1500.
then i will try to do 20 pips (like 20 pips challenge). max 1 entry each day. end of trading session before dinner at 18 o’ clock. :slight_smile: maybe 50% of days i will execute one single trade.
(10 times each month). by 80% win ratio: 2 x -20 + 8 x 20 = 60 pips month.
the trade will be closed by EA before high spread period if no hit of TP of SL.

risking 15% (0.1 lots / E 100) 50% broker acc equity in trading acc, 50% bank acc.

by doing 100 pips each 2 months: 1,15 ^ 5 = 2,0.

i dont like the stress of trades open during work… my capital at risk when i’m not able to watch the market.

‘slow grow’ is better attitude then dead or alive gambling.

still… trading can make u rich. i met people… rich because of trading, but it’s a 0.1 procenter game.

1 Like