Forex Trader: Beginner education

Hi everyone,

I find a lot of the new posts are full of new traders or beginners who are completely new to forex. They’re always asking where to start their learning.

When I get messages on instagram or telegram asking for advice on where to start. My advice is to actually complete the education part of online brokers because it’s free and basic. So I send these links to people;

1. Introduction To Financial Markets | What Is Trading? | Trade Assets | City Index UK

2. Learn Forex Trading: How to Start Trading Online - FXCM UK

3. Courses | Saxo Markets

Now since finding babypips i would also send them to the school of pipsology and this thread from a few years ago.

Are there any books, videos, threads, articles you have found useful for a beginner to forex trading?

I thought it’d be helpful to have all material in one thread so we can just forward newbies here and they can start their education for free.

Please note: This thread should only be for information. Questions about trading in particular should be posted or added to in the relevant thread. Not here.

19 Likes

Yep I would recommend to read: The Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre

Gives great advice and shows how you can make and lose money in the trading game.

5 Likes

I would also recommend ‘trading in the zone’ by mark Douglas. He also has a few YouTube videos on psychology which should be watched.

2 Likes

Some good technical analysis books to read:

1. Technical analysis of the financial markets by John j murphy
  2. Technical analysis for dummies
  3. Trading for a living by Alexander elder.
5 Likes

Wow
I would love this to continue

1 Like

Some good price action books to read:

1. Naked forex by alex nekritin and walter peters
  2. Understanding price action by Bob Volman
  3. Forex price action scalping by Bob Volman

These next 3 are good books but badly edited:

1. Trading Price Action Reversals by Al Brooks
  2. Trading Price Action Trends by Al Brooks
  3. Trading Price Action Trading Ranges by Al Brooks

Also check out this thread on Forex price action.

4 Likes

To improve your trading psychology and mindset, the following are good books to read:

1. Trading in the zone by Mark Douglas
  2. The Daily Trading Coach by Brett Steenbarger
  3. A Trader’s Guide to Self-Discipline by Brett Steenbarger
  4. Trading Beyond the Matrix by Van K Tharp
  5. Super Trader by Van K Tharp
  6. Enhancing trader performance by Brett Steenbarger
4 Likes

Thanx Tradeforex077 noted the links busy now with Pips school of pipsology

1 Like

can one get e-Books on these titles?

1 Like

Will check this out, thanks!!

If you want to learn more about candlesticks, try these:

1. Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques by Steve Nison
  2. The Candlestick Trading Bible by Munehisa Homma
  3. Profitable Candlestick Trading by Stephen W. Bigalow
  4. You can also try this site thepatternsite.com by Thomas Bulkowski. Hes also got a few books out which are on general chart patterns. I guess it would come more under the heading of technical analysis but worth mentioning.
2 Likes

If you dont understand pips, lot size, leverage etc then try these previous threads.

1 Like

Hi Tradeforex77,
I have been around this forum on and off since about 2015. This is probably the most useful thread I have found for beginner advice. Do we have sticky threads on this forum? If so, a mod may be able to add it as a sticky post. Almost all my personal library of books is covered in the suggestions put forward by other members, my favourites being the School of Pipsology itself for a structured beginners introduction, and anything written by Van Tharp. He is my all time favourite author of the subject of trading.

3 Likes

Here are more price action links;

Previous price action thread: Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

This is nial fuller’s website. Check out the strategy and article sections. Also popular posts include beginner introduction courses. He also has some free pdfs of courses available online.

Try this…

Hey, can you also share the audio books? Unfortunately, I don’t have enough time to read them, so whenever I am driving my car I try to listen to them. This is also the reason why I use some writing or editing services as it saves me a lot of time. And whenever I have the opportunity I use the Wordvice promo code as it always edits the essays quickly and qualitatively. I don’t what I would have done without all these services.

Hey, can you also share the audio books? Unfortunately, I don’t have enough time to read them, so whenever I am driving my car I try to listen to them.