Forex Trading is a minus sum game, the more you trade, the more you lose!

That was 19 hrs ago - price since went down to 1.2980 and up to 1.3020 - the mid range obviously being the 1.3000 level

Right side today - not likely much action, just some more trundling :slight_smile:

Talking of right side and not knowing where price is going to go - there were guys on the forum discussing straddles - the means by which some try to trade both sides because they do not have any idea of likely direction.

Well here is one - 1.00pm gmt the BOE announce - so they could try a straddle on the FTSE - a cut will push the index up for 2 reasons - one a cheaper pound and 2 a cut is good for business. So if US stocks are looking good at the US opening then a straddle that favours a buy (perhaps no tp)?

Edit: here is a nice simple analysis of the BOE decision making process.

5 hrs later - price has trundled along the 3000 level as anticipated - so the recent sells are holding on.

FTSE may decline a little along with S&P - US10yr - some buying atm.

Edit: only thing that could upset the apple tart cooking is a leak/rumour

Ok - 7 hrs later - S&P fell a little now closed .

US 10yr price continued upwards.

Oh - and cable - continued it’s trundle 20pips either side of the 3000 level.

Bringing this live commentary to a close, was intended to show that although we may not know where price is headed it is possible to anticipate direction with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

The S&P thing - not a good idea to buy if the 10yr is heading north - usually a reasonable buy on such a day is XAU/USD

Happy trades to pound all pound traders tomorrow.

The reason for this high percentage of loosing Forex traders is, that most of the people trading Forex are no traders. It is too easy to join the market, and many participants are not serious enough- it’s just more a game like placing sport bets for them, without going deeper in analyzing details.( okay, some never will learn it, but they are not the reason for the bad statistic)
Those who are on the positive side, are those who “have time to invest more time”

19 hours ago:

OK - final point - before the pound action gets started.

Then a little later:

Here is what has happened since (arrow time of post) - ref Oanda

XAU/USD:
XAU_USD_hr1

S&P Index:
S&P

USD/JPY:

USD_JPY_hr1

WTI:
WTI_hr1

(the spike up was a report re rockets saudi arabia - have mentioned quite a few times that oil sells along with stocks except on mid-east news)

And of course the indicator itself - the US10yr:

US10YR_hr1

There is a central theme in all of the above charts RISK

Risk is like the flu - it is catching, and any one small thing can cause it’s spread - the bad numbers on Boeing, the virus in China…

To know something is knowledge, knowledge comes with learning and learning causes right decisions.

Edit:
Just read this current post - now it is old news this morning:

(for learners - read yield as the opposite of price)

I doubt if many will have read that post yesterday morning, likely even if they did they would skim since often learners figure that stocks, bonds, wti and gold are zilch to do with forex.

So I’ll repeat the first sentence - posted 2 trading days ago:

Over to Forexlive this evening:
As stocks had lower, yields had lower, and gold moves higher, the dollar is getting hit versus the EUR, GBP, JPY and the CHF.

(for learners remember yields on bonds are inverse to the bond price, the more expensive the bond then the less return (yield) )

Hmmm… if reading then maybe check today’s charts on the above instruments as we come into the close.

Then if you are a chartist like the OP then have a read at John Murphy.

There is only one market, algos execute the trades, there is one dominant theme - RISK (btw that’s me, not Murphy)

Think about that - Murphy says that Gold is often viewed as an alternative currency to USD - especially in times of risk off - it is more than a precious metal insofar as market context.

Eur/Usd since last post - draw a horiz for the techies - it’s easy to seeEur_Usd_hr1

Anyways - talking to myself, the way i like it, who cares :):

1 Like

I had second thoughts about that horiz - the OP mentioned Algos - they execute orders but mostly they are not that intelligent - they are Robots after all.

So if you are a dumb algo and you need to enter the market - your execution time is milliseconds and worse - you have no brain with which to think.

Therefore your master will tell you that must enter at the most liquid point - slippage means thinking and decision making - not in your realm.

So here is their marker, that horiz for this week, their level - 00 /20 /50 /80 - no thinking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want to start trading, could you give me some advice

You don’t have to be a virtuous innate to make money in the financial markets.

What you have to be is a stubborn, disciplined and persistent head.

You have to be able to survive until you have learned.

Persistent and disciplined.

2 Likes

A friend of mine told me that I can easily make some decent money using trading platforms. As far as I know, he’s a trader with a huge experience in that field. He’s trading for over 5 years and he’s pretty good at that. He bought a big house and a brand new car last year. I want to be like him and that’s why I was looking for a good trading platform to start trading. I think I might be good at this. My friend told me that I can easily use Fondex Forex Trading as this is the best trading platform with more than 1000 markets. My friend told me that I can try to trade on CFD. I will try this, I think there are more other people who want to try trading, now you know where you should try

In spite of the percentage of traders who lose money, trading is worth the effort. Though finding the best platform or the best broker in the world will not make anyone suddenly become profitable in trading.

1 Like

can’t agree with the name of topik -there are people that win and lose and only luck decides who is the winner

Sorry bro. Luck has nothing to do with it. There are people who are consistently making money from trading, its not because of luck. Its dedication, persistence, following your strategy and analyse your trading and charts continuously.

The only ‘luck’ is if you were lucky enough to read or talk to someone which stops you from giving up before you become profitable. But winning and losing is not affected by luck. Keep at it, wish you the best of luck!

1 Like

Before lose money 90-95% traders, but not is 60-70%. At the moment, most traders know how to manage risk and there are also tools for this, e.g. Risk Reward Ratio Indicator MT4 and other useful tools.

I really like your point of view! That’s so true and clever! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! very encouraging. meaning my loss of 60 $ is not a big deal. T
hanks

Dude, are you serious? Do you believe what you say? This is complete nonsense! I have been trading for several years and I can assure you that this is a very guaranteed and reliable method of earning. I myself did not believe in it, but over time I gained experience and knowledge. I consulted a lot with my brother, who is engaged in trading, and he told me a lot of useful information. The most important thing in trading is to have information. Statistics can help you a lot if you decide to do forex trading. It is also important to find a reliable platform for trading. I am using a new platform with the most profitable currency stocks. As a result, I started making money in the forex market and this has changed my whole life.

Controversial threads such as this always get more posts than the regular discussions.

Every trade you take has a risk, but as long as you can measure the risk, you can manage it. Control risk with Stop Loss. Don’t risk more than you can afford to lose.

Applicable to any platform. :sweat_smile: