[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

I think you are right as long as we enter and exit on the ma cross we sould be fine :slight_smile:

Greetings all,

Just a quick word to let everyone know that I’m still here, even though I vanished for awhile. It’s really late right now, but I’ll post again soon to give you all an update (even though things have pretty much stayed the same ever since Easter for me).

Take care all.

-ForexPhantom-

Hi,

Yeah indeed the weeks before and after Easter was bad. This week is promising though.

Happy trading,
Marius

ForexPhantom,

First of thanks for sharing the information.
Second I want to point you to a vital piece of information about your system.
You say that you are only using the MACD so that you do not have the MA’s in your main window. This is NOT correct, what you have done is put 2 MA on the MACD Histogram. So you are not trading the Cross of 2 MA’s but the Cross of Signal line and the Histogram of the MACD.
If you change the signalline of the MACD to 4 you will see it’s almost the same as the linearWeight MA of 4. Same if you change the values of the MACD you will see that the 2 MA’s are also affected.
You probably know this but its not clear in the info about this system.
<EDIT>
I just saw that Mariuspa on post 131 also made a comment on this.
Is it possible for you to make a note of this in your post 1, just so people are not confused ?
Thanks

looking at phantoms 4,9,5 set up and a standard length macd on bottom.

I made a copy of the standard MACD and changed it a bit to reflect Forex Phantoms system. So if you like to use it be my guest.

Hi all,

I placed some trades recently and they actually went into profit! The system is still working, at least for now, which is refreshing.

I was very agitated around Easter Time a few weeks ago. All of my trades pretty much turned on me. I thought that the system was doomed, or at least fatally flawed. To see this is a breath of fresh air.

I hope everyone else is doing well with the system. I’ve been following the thread but this my first post in a while. Everyone has some really great ideas so far. A week ago I would have told you that the system is incomplete, but now that it’s working again I’m not so sure lol.

Take it easy everyone,

-ForexPhantom-

ForexPhantom,

If you have time can you post your trading record ?
Entry and exit price and date ?

Hi FP,

So far the system still rocks :slight_smile:

Yes sometime I do have some losing trades, but that is part of the game. Overall my a/c grow more then 100% which I started with your Daily Cross Over system from 24-Mar till today.

Few weeks back during Easter time, from 04-Apr to 15-Apr, I enter 11 trades with 2 losses. So your system still work very well.

I will compile and post up my entries later.

Again I really appreciate for your kindness to share with us the system.

Maxximuz,

Do you use the same rules as FP or do you do it a little bit different ?
I am trying to make a script so I can backtest a bit this system.
I would appreciate if you can post some info how you decide which trade to take and which not

Thanks
Bardo

Yes, so far I use the exact same rules as FP stated.

Attached is my DCO trades so far.

Sure. I’m going to attach 2 files. The first one is my demo account from the very beginning. You’ll notice that the last trade I placed was on April 15th, about 9 days ago. This is when things turned south on me during that period of volatility. Since that time, I kind of got frustrated with the system and in combination with my life getting a little busy, I just kind of took a break from forex.

I’m still up quite a bit on that account, but I do have 2 trades still open from a long time ago.

The other file I’m going to attach shows trades that I placed just 2 days ago on a separate demo account. My friend and I are going to open a small live account soon, so I started a practice account for 200 bucks just for kicks. I saw some potential trades, so I took them. I’m now up +564 pips in 2 days. I want to attach that file also because this is what is giving me fresh hope again.

The system still holds. I think it’s only limitations are during news events and holidays, but that appears to be virtually every trading system.

Anyways, I’m gonna stick to my original account and get back on track with it.

Thanks for your interest and your efforts to try to backtest the system. It’s greatly appreciated.

EDIT I had to save the pics as 256 color BMP’s and the quality/size is horrible. You’ll have to download them to your computer and use the zoom function. If this doesn’t work I’ll try something else.

-ForexPhantom-

Hi Forex fantom,

Ive been away for a bit.
Can you remind me of the settings for the 2 EMA crosses?
(not the macd settings)

Respect Gary

What is it, How do I use it, is it a program I need to buy/download?

Do you recommend this for someone new to forex, like me?

Thanks

Phantom, what are you? :slight_smile:

To be honest, seeing your message, I wouldn’t recommend this system to you. Neither any other system. :slight_smile:

Happy trading,
Marius

Marius,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Why do you not recommend any forex systems for me?

I am new at trading the forex market, I have been trading stocks up until now and I know about Forex and wouldn’t consider myself a virgin trader more like novice. Do you still not recommend this or any other program? if so why?

Thanks

-Chris

Hi,

Your message did not show any kind of knowledge about trading.
If you have any kind of trading knowledge and read this topic, there is no way you don’t understand what it is and how it works.

Happy trading,
Marius

Hi.

I really like your crossover strategy Phantom, its great. But in my opinion you dont have to enter a trade every time crossover occur and set SL. Sometimes it doesn`t pay off. Maybe you should look at reward and risk ratio and then decide. Look at picturie below.

ps. Sorry for my english

Cheers.

Hi,

Please check out the very first page of the thread. It has everything you need! If you still need help, write back.

-ForexPhantom-

Hi there,

Glad to see you have returned from your hiatus. The same is true for me. :smiley:

The initial settings for the MA’s is this:

MA - Period of 1 - Linear Weighted
MA - Period of 4 - Linear Weighted

I have also found that you can double those numbers as 2 and 8, still linear weighted. Using 2 and 8 is a bit smoother and helps prevent fake-outs a little bit.

These are always applied directly to the MACD, of course.

Take care,

-ForexPhantom-