[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

I’m holding off an any GBP long positions for the meantime due to the COT report:

COT Charts | Commitment Of Traders Charts | Free COT Data | Daily Markets

Looks like USD longs this week and any EUR shorts that might pop up as well

S/L is at previous low at 1.6644. i don’t have T/P but will move the SL to breakeven when profit at +100pips…
then will locks 100pips profit and set Trailing SL at 50pips when profit is more than 150pips.

5ive5,

When did you enter GBP/CHF? I too missed that one!

Hi guys,

I’m using yet another filter to get rid of more potentially losing trades - the COT report.

I just dumped all my potential long GBP trades after looking at it. Just the USD longs for me (if they ever decide to cross over!):

AUD/USD - short
USD/CAD - long
NZD/USD - short

And another nice looking one almost ready to go - AUD/JPY - short. What do you think?

Potential trades with good (upcoming) technical signals that I’m [B]not[/B] going to take:

NZD/GBP - short
GBP/CAD - long
GBP/AUD - long
EUR/NZD - long

Anything long on GBP or EUR and I’m out, likewise anything short GBP or EUR and I’m in!

Check out the COT report. It show’s what the big traders are buying - a positive number is the long positions and a negative is the short positions. Look at the pink line graph with the dots to see “Large Speculators Net”.

The numbers for GBP and EUR should scare the hell out of you if you’re long GBP or EUR:

COT Charts | Commitment Of Traders Charts | Free COT Data | Daily Markets

GBPCHF was entered yesterday. below are some of my current pos

usdjpy (8/2) -76
usdcad (11/2) +127
gbpchf (15/2 gmt 2) +5

my entries based mostly on EMA1 & 5 crossover. RSI and stoch are used to confirm entry.

i don’t really have a profit target (i know it’s dangerous :)… i set the SL to breakeven when profit hits 100pips. then, will set SL to trail at 50 - 100pips when profit is more than 150pips… feedbacks and comments are most welcome… :slight_smile:

I have taken a small short position on AUD/NZD. I know its slightly against the trend, although the market hasn’t been ranging to much, but I feel there could be a few pips to be had. Everything else has been a bit quiet today!

5ive5, my daily charts show the cross on GBP/CHF on 10/02. Are you using the daily charts or a different time frame?

Nothing for me yet, I’m hanging out waiting for:

AUD/USD - short
USD/CAD - long
NZD/USD - short
AUD/JPY - short

Tomorrow am it’s looking like

the cross was indeed on 10/02 but it moved a lot, so wanted to wait for the next candle to finish but that would be on 11/02 which was on friday which i tried not to place any trade. thus, i put the trade on monday since the trend is still there.

ddinnov, how many pairs are you monitoring? seem like you r monitoring more than 10 pairs… is that right? any particular reason for those pairs? i mean is it because they r good for day trading? cheaper spread?

i only have 6 pairs which are
eurusd, gbpusd, usdcad, gbpchf, eurjpy, usdjpy…
i’m thinking to remove the jpy pairs and include aud and nzd…

cheers

I’m watching all available pairs for all the majors and minors. Some of the crosses have horrible spreads but that’s OK when there are large pips to be had. Some of those really nice trades from last week were AUD/EUR, NZD/EUR, AUD/GBP, the AUD, CHF, NZD and CAD have good opportunities. And with a system that’s getting more and more filters (that I’m applying to how I trade it) I need all the good trades I can get.

I really hope USD turns around and resumes the bull run today - otherwise it might just be a week off for me :eek:

AUD/USD - short - [B]hidden bearish divergence[/B], [B]stochastics @ 86[/B]
USD/CAD - long - no divergence, [B]stochastics @ 10[/B]
NZD/USD - short - [B]hidden bearish divergence[/B]
AUD/JPY - short - [B]hidden bearish divergence[/B], [B]stochastics @ 85[/B]

Today might just be the day :slight_smile:

How are everyone’s trades?

I think the dollar bulls have finally woken up by looks of the hourly charts.

I’m really tempted to jump in or put in some entry limit orders.

Muststicktothesystem

So far…

AUD/NZD short -28 pips
EUR/GBP Long B/E

How about yours?

None yet but I’ve put in an entry limit order for NZD/USD (short) if it hits 0.7000

Curently at 0.7039

Entry - 0.7000
S/L - 0.7100
T/P #1 - 0.7800

2 positions

I’m going straight out after work so will see what happens when I get back re the others.

Well everything seems to have gone a bit crazy with USD now getting weaker by looks of things… Big news tomorrow though.

I’ve cancelled the NZD/USD order but have entered different (live) trade:

CAD/CHF - short

Entry - 1.0204
Stop - 1.0320 - 116 pips
T/P1 - 0.9972 - 232 pips

Only one position - I’m playing it safe :wink:

The trend channel seems to be pretty much sideways so I’ll take longs and shorts :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s hope some some more trades come up tomorrow.

haha… seem like i can’t stick to the news… these three trades were against the trend main… but, they are all valid entry with ema crossovers and stoch trending up fr oversold and rsi>50…

i made three trades today
EURUSD Long 1.3770 SL 185pips
GBPUSD Long 1.5786 SL 168pips
EURJPY Long 124.30 SL 210pips

Previous trades
USDJPY Closed -100pips
USDCAD +168
GBPCHF -46

Nice USD/CAD trade there

I’ve entered another one - NZD/CHF - short

entry - 0.7519
S/L - 0.7580 - 61 pips
T/P - 0.7397 - 122 pips

Both a few pips against me so far, and I see that the CHF is on holiday all week - doh! :o

I wonder what all the big news will bring today…

If anyone’s interested I’m looking into some more stuff specific to swing trading as these indicators are nice but there is so much more out there.

I’m starting with some of the suggestions in the 2nd page of this thread here:

http://forums.babypips.com/show-me-money-swing-trading/4053-need-best-swing-trading-system-gbp-usd-2.html

Ignore the first page, the gold is in the second page :smiley:

Just think - less time trading for more pips :cool:

NZD/CHF has moved to within 10 pips of my S/L :eek:

Both NZD/CHF and CAD/CHF have been moving against me all day,

But it looks like they might have just retraced back in my direction… if I had the time and wasn’t at work this is where I would have set up my entry on the 1H charts :smiley:

Hi everyone, I’m experimenting with this system (just placed my first trade with it), and am going through all the posts in this thread so far.

One thing I noticed is that most of you keep saying that this requires minimum effort, yet the original post says to enter exactly when the two lines cross.

If you look at the market once or twice a day, how do you manage this? :-o Are you just lucky to have the crossing happen at that exact time, or do you enter a trade any time AFTER the crossing happened?