[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

Hi there,

Try using winzip or winrar. I zipped it with winrar only because it wouldn’t let me upload just the template.

Hope it works for you.

-ForexPhantom-

I just got in on the cable @ 1.4615.

Great job on all the other trades.

You are asking the million dollar question about T/P, S/L and T/S. I wish I had the answers. Exit is always my weak spot.

I think the most convenient thing to do is to set a T/S. Then you can place your trade and leave it alone.

Obviously, you set your T/S too high in that case. I’m experimenting with all sorts of values at the moment. I really wish I had the perfect number, but I don’t.

I’ll keep you posted on any progress I have.

I think good values to try are 60 - 90.

Take care,

-ForexPhantom-

Simply incredible!

I’ve got the UC and the EJ, but both are negative right now :frowning:

Keep up the good work.

-ForexPhantom-

Awesome!

Not a bad day so far haha!

-ForexPhantom-

Update:

EU stop out at SL with +36pips; :confused:

Seems like not a good TS at 75pips, too much profit left on table :frowning:

Hi all,

It seems like everyone is enjoying success so far with the system.

I’m glad. :smiley:

Just a quick update on my account:

STATISTICS

Starting: 1,000
Current: 1,040
Equity: 1,029
Profit Realized: 40
Number of Trades Closed: 3
Win Ratio: 100%
Number pending: 3 trades (2 negative, 1 positive)
Pips Gained: +327
Unrealized Pips: -84

Take Care,

-ForexPhantom-

Hi there,

So you think you should have it set higher than 75?

Thanks,

-ForexPhantom-

No idea at the moment, need more testing to fine tune the TS.

Any expert and senior care to share your experience?

FP you are using TS at 75pips rites? Is it the same for any pairs?

thanks

Hello eveyone
This Forex stuff is just about beginning to make sense to me. I like the fact that there are only a few indicators involved in this system and I will be keeping ‘watch’ with a keen eye and hopefully learn a lot too!

Hi there,

I’m varying my T/S in order to see which number produces the best result.

If I have three trades going at once, I like to set different T/S to see what happens as the end result.

I was confident with the 75 number, but I’m thinking that maybe higher is better. 100 would be a good place to try testing.

I would recommend increasing it by, say, 20 - 25. Once you’ve increased it too much, decrease it by 5 - 10. Then maybe we can use that method to find the optimal number??

It will take time any way you slice it. But hey, until then at least we are making some profits haha.

-ForexPhantom-

Hi there,

Thanks for posting.

I like to keep things as simple as possible, so don’t expect anything complicated on this thread.

I’m not the most knowledgeable guy in the world, but I can offer my help for whatever it’s worth. So if you have any questions feel free to post them.

Until then, take care and enjoy the system. I hope it works well for you and you like it.

-ForexPhantom-

hello again

I downloaded the “crossover zip file” okay, but when I extract it all I see is a blank icon with a .tpl extension. I must need a program to open the file so does anyone know whats what?

Hi, that is the template file for MT4 platform. If you are using the MT4 trading platform, just load the template and will have the complete setup for the daily crossover system.

Hi Phantom,

How was it going lately? How are your trades?
I am testing this system too, and it looks good.
I also found out that a 100-150 pips S/L will do. Also trading the daily charts with 150 pips S/L is much safer than trading the hourly charts with 50 pips.
Also, the system is great because it does require a very small amount of time compared to the hourly systems.

Did you add any other filters? or you are just trading the intersection of the MACD EMAs? I tried adding RSI(14), if you look back on the charts that is a good filter. A good way to use it is to only take longs when RSI > 50 and only take shorts when RSI < 50.

Also support and resistance areas are easy to spot, and seem to work well on the daily charts.

Happy trading,
Marius

Hi there,

I have not added anything else to the system so far.

I have two trades which are currently negative: UC & EJ.

I strongly believe they will rebound in my favor.

I am still torn about an initial S/L. For now, I’m not using one.

I haven’t placed any other trades recently.

I’ve got 4/4 winners – I’m up around +362 pips!

Take care,

-ForexPhantom-

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

For anyone like me who isn’t too computer savvy here’s what I did to get the template loaded…

Extract the zip file to a folder and in that folder right click the blank.tpl file (named Daily Crossover system) and then click on the ‘open with’ line.

Click the Browse button and find and click on the MT4 program and then click open…this changed the blank .tpl file icon to an MT4 icon.

Clicked Start, Computer, C Drive (this is the drive where I stored the MT4 program) Programs, MT4, Templates.
Copy and Paste the new MT4 Icon here.

Then I went to the MT4 trading platform, clicked Charts, Template, Load Template…and there I found the Daily Crossover System and clicked on it…hooray, all done.

I am sure there is an easier way to do this but this is the route I took.:smiley:

In case anyone gets stuck, I hope this helps.

Hi,

I am out of EURJPY for the moment (it looks like it wants to go lower, but it still goes up strongly on the W1 and MN… I sometimes take a glance at those too to see the large trend). On the USDCHF I am long for the moment.

Looks like with 2-3 winning trades and a few well managed losers, it could easily make at least 1000 pips a month. Good luck!

Happy trading,
Marius

Me too plus his 1H strat. is a good one too. d

Hi everyone,

Well, as I expected, both my trades have moved into profit after a day and a half of floundering!! :smiley:

Turns out the signals were valid, but just took time to get there.

USD/CAD = +60
EUR/JPY = +123

I don’t think I’ll place any other trades today given that it is Friday.

However, these trades will put me well over 500 pips in one week, which is an average I can live with!

It is even more amazing because I have only glanced at the charts once or twice a day. I’d say I have not even spent an hour this week dealing with Forex.

Take care,

-ForexPhantom-

that s like 2000 pips/month

nice mate , nice …

i did tryied the system (again , with daily charts , as marius sugested) but i think i don t have enogh patience …

i must really calm myself down and choose a road !