[-ForexPhantom-] Daily Crossover System

i’m still on demo but looking to go live soon with a small account. I think i need to experience the emotion of trading live. Which broker are you using, think my account will be a similar size to yours. Again i’ll need to use strict mm rules.

Still got my eye on AUD/USD - Short and USD/CAD - Long for tomorrow!

Any other ideas for potenial trades?

I’m still watching for the AUD/USD move, and staying in USD/CAD as it’s only -12 pips now, but some negative news for the CAD just came out.

Nothing else on the radar…

CHF/JPY might be worthwhile if you don’t mind getting in a bit late

my open positions

USDCAD Long +9 pips
AUDUSD Long +51 pips
CADJPY Short -34 pips
CHFJPY Short -17 pips

I’m liking the look of USD/CAD, it’s testing a major support level (on the daily and weekly) for the third time and looks like it may just have bounced off to start moving back up. The stochastics have now crossed over and started pointing up as well. I’ve attached what I see when I look at USD/CAD, the red line is my S/L which is the major support. I’ve also circled the stochastics crossover. If today’s candle ends up being a bullish confirmation then that look s like a nice trade

Now if I was sensible and was following my own ruiles properly I’d be waiting for a proper bullish confirmation candle before jumping in like I did yesterday.

Hopefully this lesson won’t cost too many beers, I’m only down about 1 diet coke on that trade at the moment.

My Good friend AUD/USD is crossing over on the stochastics as well but not heading down yet. I’ve drawn my own manual trend channel which looks to me like it might go up another 100 or so pips before coming back down. On the daily and weekly charts it’s still making lower lows and lower highs.

Will keep watching AUD/USD…

I read this article on Monday about repatriation for the JPY - it’s one of the reasons I took out 3 long JPY positions:

Will Repatriation Boost the Yen in March? | Kathy Lien | FX360.com

morning all,

I too have decided to sit and watch AUD/USD for now, although i think that this will be a trade that i will take soon.

Just gone long this morning on USD/CAD, not placed a tp yet, i will try and monitor this manually today as i am off work!

ddinnov, how many pairs do you monitor for this system?

had a good read last night of the candle article you suggested. Very good read, makes you look at charts in a whole new light!

If i spot any other potential set ups i’ll post them on here to see if we all agree!!!

HI all,

I’ve started a new post about trend channels (SHI indicator) and price action in the swing trading section:

http://forums.babypips.com/show-me-money-swing-trading/32979-1d-charts-trend-channels-price-action.html

I’ll be posting in there now about the methods I’ve been talking about here.

CADJPY Short
CHFJPY Short

both have hit my SL

My JPY trades all just jumped about 50-60 pips in the wrong direction as well :confused:

Hey you guys ;), have to say that this system worked a treat for me today, these are what i entered
cad/jpy - short @ 87.59 = +15pips, i came out of this one as it was against the channel so was not to keen to sit on it, was at home today so i entered it, would not have entered it otherwise :slight_smile:

usd/cad -long @ 1.0281= +10, same reason as above
usd/jpy - short @ 90.05 = +10 - this pretty much did not move so i jumped out!!,
eur/usd - short @ 1.3598 = +45, (dropped 59pips from my entry before reversing)
eur/jpy - short @ 122.45 = +33 (dropped 50pips from my entry before reversing)
gby/jpy - short @ 134.77 =+49 (dropped 70pips from my entry before reversing)
eur/gbp - long @ 0.9088 = +14 (went up 46pips from my entry and still up!)

In total did 161pips,

Forgot to mention, this other pair eur/chf - met all my conditions for a short, but i did not trade it :(, easily could have made my target of 50 on it and its still going down!, oh well can’t win them all :slight_smile:

hi nixie20,

if you dont mind can u share your trading setup so that i can follow?

thanks

nolyab

Hello Noly,

I have to say that i don’t trade this method anymore, i did make a few pips in the beginning, but now its hit and miss, but my setups i think is based on dinnov, on page 33 or something, you will need the original template, on page one, then you will need the channel, posted by dinnov i think, just read through the whole thread and you will find it,

The basics is really trading in the direction of the channel, and waiting for there to be a cross on the stochs as well as on the macd, generally this will be a really strong signal, hope this helps

Hi ForexPhantom,

Thank you for your thread “Amazing Crossover System +100 pips per day”.

It is very similar to the “So Easy It’s Ridiculous” system in the School of Pipsology.
Did you start out using that system?

I am currently in the process of studying the system that is in the school of pips and I found your thread, I will also be looking at your system and seeing how I can best use them.
(I’m trading with micro lots 1000 .01)
One difference I have been using the stochastics indicator instead of the macd, any opinions, suggestions on this?

What time did you trade your system and how long were your sessions (time in your timezone ok if you tell me which timezone and / or tell me in GMT)?

I agree with the simplicity, humans can make some things more complicated than they really need to.

Also when you traded this system how long were trades open for (hours, days or something else), the chart time frame you were using 1hour?

Would you or anyone else here have any suggestions on how to trade this system on smaller time frames than the 1hour eg 10 or 15 min charts?

I will start reading this thread from the beginning, lots of pages to read, might take me awhile!

Hi!

Happy New Year!

Is anyone trading this system? Early results were outstanding…

I plan to start trading this live with small lots on Oanda about the middle of January.

Come back ForexPhantom! :60:

Bobkat

I started using this system with shi channel true and a pinbar indicator to adjust the stop loss. seems to work well.

Hi is there anyone left in here ? It could that everybody got the system down pat and doing their trading on their own now lol.Someone please reply friendlyguy55

I would say Daily crossover is more suitable for long term … obviously not suitable for me…
But still a good system… :slight_smile:

I would say Daily crossover is more suitable for long term … obviously not suitable for me…
But still a good system… :slight_smile:

Hi
Please could someone tell me were I can find the rules for this system.

Thank You.

Hello Thread,

The Phantom has returned. :smiley:

Sorry for my hiatus. Had to go through a few life changing events (some good, some bad). Anyways, I should say a few things:

1. I’m really glad to see how much discussion my system has brought to the forums.
  2. I’m even more glad that my system has helped some people make money. That’s awesome!

If people are still interested in this system, I’m on board to further explore it. I really enjoyed the concept behind this system: minimal time investment for a solid return. With a few tweaks, I believe this system can be really powerful.

Whether or not people want to further explore this particular system, I can’t wait to jump back into the forums and start making some forex money. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

-ForexPhantom-