Forming a new Men's group. Ideas wanted!

I have an Evangelising vegan, animal rights, feminist “friend” !

Conversation between us can sometimes be a little stilted - since neither of us actually wants to commit physical violence against the other !

She has a friend from who is talking of forming a “Men’s group” as some of the people he knows are in “Women’s groups”.

I lent Jordan Peterson’s book “12 rules” to my friend a while back and her friennd has also seen some of Peterson’s vids, so I know there is at least some "common ground " between us.

I have been invited to a meeting next weekend to discuss things like content and aims (I think) for this group.

I’m going to go along and see whether we can make anything vaguely useful by way of a contribution to men’s lives.

So now I’m throwing this open to all - any suggestions as to what YOU would like from a “Men’s group” will be gratefully received - and if you don’t want to speak publicly, I shall be happy to receive communication by PM.

Please do have a good think about this and do let me know.

Thanks in advance ! :sunglasses:

One thing is you can talk about prostate problems. :joy::joy:

1 Like

Or perhaps - great support from the Irish gov, not sure about UK

1 Like

I’m finding it difficult to find any in the Uk atm - but I love the principle. They also require a certain investment level - but Yes - thanks for the suggestion. :sunglasses:

I’ll look further into that.

Yes I think “Health issues” are inportant ! - I just had some myself and found myself really glad that I DID “go to the doctors” :sunglasses:

Only found about them because one of their organizers came for some supplies - amounted to over £1000.00

They are local and UK and needed a receipt for grant funding - their cheque was printed as ‘men shed’ - I was surprised because I built my own shed in the back garden without any help money or otherwise but there you go, changed times I suppose.

1 Like

Whenever it starts, I’m in.

1 Like

So far we’ve had 3 meetings and I have to say that it is not easy.

We have an Irish Lad and a Builder who show some spirit - but they are all really quite “Pagan spiritual” - which bearing in mind they are all know to each other is not that surprising I suppose.

The confusion which they all have about the “Rules” they are supposed to know about interaction with the opposite sex and their desire to be supportive of women often to their own detriment is sad for me to watch in view of the grossly unfair way men are treated by feminists and society at large.

I don’t know whether I shall keep going or not but I’m not quite bored yet - Maybe they’ll chuck me out ? We’ll see :relaxed:

Anyway - on a slightly brighter note here is a short section of Steve Brule’s “Coffee Break” which he looks at “Men’s spaces” after a couple of seconds or so of the subject before.