From the bottom up! Fx trading from scratch

Nice trade on the EURUSD BinarySteven. May I ask what your entry and exit criteria are? Do you consider fundamentals or only PA?

Ye formed before I started trading forex hahaha :frowning: #swingtradeproblems.

I ended up getting stopped out of it but I will re enter if it touches my trend line which it should.

PA as in personal analysis ? Sorry, im a noob. Ye well I guess it’s just PA then, im still learning the fundamentals. In short my view atm is only take a trade which is 2;1 min risk to reward and SL which in general is like 50pips+ ( I know this one wasn’t ) to reach the prev support/resistance and then i normally climb out by the next support / resistance. So I guess this was a more agressive trade from my side.

I wanted to sell the trade initially but i felt the support was strong, I had a candle stick reversal pattern and I was sure it would go up for a retest of the trend line. Looking at it now the TP was a bit high but thats what i used and luckily it worked…

PA = Price Action.
Your first chart was long EURUSD and the 2nd was long USDCHF.

Now this is just my opinion but it is something that has really helped me. Do yourself a favor and check out correlated pairs.
If I have a short bias for USD I don’t tend to open conflicting trades (unless Im hedging). If your strong/weak analysis shows that USD is generally weak across the board then why fight sentiment? If you are on a strong down move on the 4 hr then you would want some sort of signal that it has turned or at least some idea that market sentiment might be shifting. How to quickly check market sentiment? There are many different technical ways but prefer to scan through the charts and simply see what price is doing.

Awesome, thanks a lot I will keep it in mind.

Ok so im in 2 trades, and I guess this is what grant was getting at. On one chart im saying usd is going to strengthen and on the next its going to weaken. I haven’t looked up correlated pairs yet so I’m not sure if it does apply to USD overall or certain pairs vs certain pairs, but after taking these trades I realized what I actually am doing.

Anyways, I will look into correlated pairs next week Grant, thanks for the input.

So ive decided to take this week off,

I’m feeling ill and have a lot of work to finish before the month end. I still have two trades open since last week, both looking good, so I will update on them. Furthermore I see 2 potential setups on the GBPUSD and USDCHF which, if I do catch it I will take.

My plan is to start next week Monday and follow each closing of the H4 candle, that means checking the chars at 3am/pm, 7am/pm, 11am/pm. I done this last week for 2 days, and feel it will get me in a nice routine to log on 10min before the time and check the charts until candle closes and then check back once its time again. Also I will prob start doing a “fresh” analysis of each the 6 pairs im doing every weekend so that I have my plan for each pair ready and just follow the candles from there on.

Anyways, talk next week if I dont get to trading this week.

Best of luck!

I’m pretty much the same. I hope to get more useful info in this forum.

PA = Price Action
If you use search on BP forum you will find a lot of info. :slight_smile:

Nice, I hope so too :).

Recap September.

I must say overall im happy with the results, i’m very glad I made the transition from binary to forex as so many times as soon as I take my trades it goes in the wrong direction for a day or 2 and the next couple days it comes out to hit my TP. The only frustrating thing is some trades can feel like forever, I have 1 trade going into 2weeks now, but overall the trades look good and I must just be patient and wait for it to run its course. I never see people posting real results but here are mine im not scared , its anyway a micro account compared to all " serious "traders.

The money might not be much but % wise it’s allright, I only started halfway threw the month, I screwed up lot sizes and should have won more and also I only risked 0,6% per trade.

I still have 4 trades running from September, all still just hovering around break even but still positive that I can book wins from them.

Ok so October is here and this is my plan.

• Trade 1% risk per trade.
  • No more then 5 trades open at a time.
  • Only 1 trade per pair. ( I have 2 open on one pair atm and I dont feel happy about it )
  • Only take trades that I can take a risk of 2:1 on minimum.
  • Stick to the 6 pairs from September. ( Only trade other pair if taken from signals coach but agreed with analysis)
  • Read Millionaire traders + Naked forex. ( I have some books i saw Lexys recommend also in mind but ill leave it for next month )
    -Follow each closing candle of the H4 chart if possible starting 7am Monday and ending 3pm Friday, if not on the road. ( My local time )

Also on the side im working on a facebook page, im going to use it as a journal as well. I like interacting with people, it will be like a blog/journal type thing where I will post my analysis and discus so that I dont flood this page with too many pictures.

I will be doing my analysis tomorrow so that I can start the week fresh.

Best of luck :slight_smile:

Ideas for the up coming week.
The USDCAD is on a daily, so it might take longer to happen, wasn’t looking too clean for me on the H4 but ill keep a eye on it threw out the week.

Any thoughts on these idea’s?

So I climbed on this trade, leaves me at a total of 5 live trades open atm so im just gonna chill and let them run their course. Ill be trading once one of them close :slight_smile:

Hey this will be my first trade being stopped out, and as the trading gods would want it it will be on the pair I had a double entry.

I felt it was going to continue going down as it broke a trendline, went for a retest and went down. The trendline completed a triangle that was making LH/HL’s.

The only reason I can see not to take this trade is the last HL before I took my trade, is that really enough reason not to take the trade or am I missing something?

Thanks

Stopped out on GBPUSD as well, October starting off ****. However I do still have 2 trades running from September that are looking good and can make up for these losses, lets see :).

I cant see anything wrong with the trade. Price broke below your trendline and then used it as resistance. With lower highs on your down sloping trendline it might have convinced me to take the trade as well but I probably would have waited for price to rally nearer to the bigger downtrend line for a short (not that it would have helped in this case as price broke through that as well).

Ok cool, ye I dont mind losing it, im just scared im missing something.I appreciate the feedback and I will keep in mind waiting for the bigger/ clear trend line to hit and then take it and if I did wait it would have broke the line with 1 candle so I wouldn’t have took it either. Anyways now im gonna consider taking it up a bit :slight_smile:

Took this trade in one of my forex classes. Made back all I lost so far this month.

Another winner

So far for this month 2 wins and 4 losses and yet im still in a profit haha. I have 3 more trades open, all 3 looking good so far, I prob wont be taking much trades as it will be my first NFP as a forex trader so I will monitor it first.

Stopped out on EN. Something I’ve noticed is that not losing is a form of winning. Basically my impatience and lack of analysis is costing me money. But that being said, im still up for the month and have 3 trades looking very good ITM.