Full-Time Professional Trader from Singapore

Welcome to BabyPips @JeForceX. Thanks for your detailed introduction about yourself. Hope to hear more from you.

1 Like

Wow, a full-time trader! Do you work for a trading group or do you trade by yourself? Before equities, have you always been in the finance industry? :slight_smile:

Great to hear about you and your trading strategy and plan.Can you share your trading strategy here?

Strategy wise, I started off as a consistently losing investor using Fundamental Analysis (with no risk management). Later on, I discovered Adam Khoo and his Value Momentum Investing strategy, and all my consistently losing days became history.

Instruments wise, I invested and traded in the following:

• STI30 (individual companies)
  • ETF
  • REIT

I am an independent trader who trades by myself using my own money.

Prior to becoming a full-time professional trader, I used to work as a salaryman in the Banking & Finance sector with a wide spectrum of exposure and experience in Retail, Private Wealth Management, and Institutional Banking.

For Forex, I have learned and have been applying Price Action Trading strategies by Rayner Teo.

I am very grateful for all his teachings which were provided for free on the internet.

Ok, so…If you had to boil the way you interact with the markets down into < 3 sentences, what would it be?

Right, so for me- It’d be…I sell premium using spreads and covered calls. I’m always looking to define my risk, reduce my cost basis, and execute high probability trades. I look for high IV, liquidity, and supportive underlying price action (on top of the basic position measurements: greeks, POP, static return, etc).

How I Interact with the Markets

• Market Structure: Draw Support & Resistance (“S&R”) Zones on the Chart (including Trend Lines)
  • Area of Value: Price bouncing off an S&R Zone, Trend Line, or Moving Average (20 / 50 / 200; Simple;)
  • Entry Trigger: Spot for High Probability Setups based on Reversal Candlestick Patterns (e.g. Pin Bar, Star, Kangaroo Tail)

I have also started sharing my technical analysis with the community and you are welcomed to take a look at how my chart looks like in visual form.

I’m sorry, you’ve traded the stock market for 6 years and were able to remain solvent using the most basic form(s) of price action analysis? How active were you (trades / mo, qtr)? What’s your portfolio’s Sharpe ratio/risk of ruin/max drawdown?

When I first started trading the Stock Market, I was a salaryman with a full-time day job.

Just like any other newbie, my trading strategy was Buy at 52-Week Low, Sell at 52-Week High, and Follow the Mainstream Media News.

I was a consistently losing trader but Stock Trading was not my primary source of income.

Maximum drawdown was 50% of my entire portfolio if this is the information you are looking for.

As mentioned earlier, there was no Risk Management in place with the mentality of “The Price will always come back and then go higher.”

With regard to the “simplicity” of my present day trading strategy, I suggest checking out the Value Momentum Investing strategy by Adam Khoo which I have shared in my earlier response.

How about these answers?

How active were you (trades / mo, qtr)?
My trading strategies changed frequently over the past 6 years (Cycle of Doom) and there is no straight-line answer for this question.
Upon becoming a Value Momentum Investor, I am currently trading on the Daily timeframe and monitoring the markets on a weekly basis.
Each Position Trade could span between 2 weeks to over 3 months depending on whether the market is moving in my favor or consolidating.

What’s your portfolio’s Sharpe ratio/risk of ruin?
Upon doing some Google Search, I figured out that these terminologies refer to some kind of complex statistical and mathematical formulae which are equivalent to the terminology of “Win/Loss Ratio”.

I do not see how sharing this number would benefit any other trader in their learning journey.

Instead of sharing a percentage number which does not help any trader with their learning journey, here is my personal trading mantra which contributed to my success story of becoming a consistently profitable trader today:

1. Back-test your trading strategies over 100 trading positions.
  2. Forward-test your trading strategies over 100 trading positions.
  3. Trade with a Risk:Reward ratio of at least 1:2 or higher.
  4. Calculate the expectancy of your trading strategy to determine whether you have an edge in the markets.
  5. Even with a 50% Win/Loss Ratio, you can still become a consistently profitable trader.

I’m sorry- you’re a “full time professional trader”, have been trading for 6 years, and are unable to tell me you avg position count per month/quarter/year (whatever time-frame you’d like) and the most basic portfolio metrics…?

Additionally, you have financial industry experience, have been trading for 6 YEARS and didn’t know what those terms are??

Where there is smoke, there is fire. Be warned people.

I hereby grant you a benefit of doubt to provide evidence from the Community Guidelines within the next 24 hours which states the following:

• It is a mandatory requirement for ALL users to provide their Portfolio’s Sharpe Ratio / Risk of Ruin upon being requested by any user.
  • In the event that the user in question is unable to provide the above-mentioned information as requested, any user may warn the entire community to be wary of the user in question.

Failing which, you have proven yourself to be an:

• Internet Troll whom cannot be trusted.
  • Person with Malicious Intent for Character Assassination
  • Person with fictitious identity claiming to be a judge for the people.

In addition to the above-mentioned, you have also violated the following clauses in the Community Guidelines which state:

• BE PASSIONATE ABOUT LEARNING AND HELPING, NOT INSULTING . New Members, invest some time into reading existing threads, getting to know the existing members, and getting a feel for the culture of the forums. Existing Members, please cut the new members some slack no matter how “newbie” they’re acting. Patience is a virtue.

• Be civil . Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.

• Respect each other . Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.

On a personal note, we could have been the best of friends, exchanging high probability trading ideas, helping each other to succeed in Forex trading, but unfortunately, you choose to be a person of toxic nature.

As such, in the event that you failed to fullfil the above-mentioned request, I will have to add your name into my ignore list. I will also report your profile for violation of the Community Guidelines.

Your time starts now and good luck!

The burden of proof is on you, not me.

You can’t provide the community with the most basic portfolio stats (forget about return metrics, you can’t even give an avg. # of trades) so we can vet you? In what world does an individual capable of employing logic and critical thinking just blindly follow someone because they make a claim that they can do something, yet provide 0 evidence

There will be people who choose to follow blindly, and there will be those who deploy the slightest bit of critical thinking. The latter will likely end up losing a lot less money and wasting a lot less time.

Good luck out there!
-Jake

Please provide evidence from the Community Guidelines which states the following:

• Any user may demand for basic portfolio stats from any other user so that they can vet any other user as they deem fit.

Failing to meet the above-mentioned request will result in the following statement being proven to be true and accurate:

• @FOREXunlimited is a malicious internet user whom seeks to grief other internet users through online falsehoods, baseless allegations, or without any supporting documentary evidence.

P.S. I could easily claim that I am “Warren Buffett” but why did I not do so? The answer is quite simple. Because I am a person of integrity and I am not “Warren Buffett”. Why did I mention 6 years instead of 16 or even 26 years? Is there a magic formula to it? Well, the onus is on you to provide evidence to support your “allegations”.

P.P.S. Don’t hedge me, bro! :sunglasses:

Thank you for revealing your true colors! Ad hominem - Wikipedia

This back-and-forth advances no one toward a more profitable trading strategy. If you want to provide evidence to support your claims, then, you would be more welcomed here. If not, that’s on you.

I’ve wasted enough time trying to help you- you can only help yourself from here.

Take care and stay safe.
Jake

Another online falsehood.

Really? Trying to help me?
I do not recall requesting for your “help”.
Once again, you did not provide any documentary evidence that I “requested for your help”.
From my perspective, this is just Online Falsehood, Cyberbullying, and Character Assassination at play.

More than 24 hours have passed since my previous post which granted a Benefit of Doubt to the user @FOREXunlimited in return for documentary evidence to support his claims (e.g. Legal Authorization to request for any other Community User’s Portfolio Sharpe Ratio / Risk of Ruin; Proof of Official Appointment as Community “Judge” to Vet any Community User) but no relevant article was provided by the user in question.

As a form of Good Will, Good Faith, Leniency, and Spirit of Compliance in accordance with the BabyPips Community Guidelines as well as Terms of Use, the earlier-mentioned statements which sought to discredit the user in question have been waived and the following action will be taken:

• The user in question will be added into my ignore list.

As such, I will no longer be interacting with the user in question for an indefinite period of time as I have never once unblocked any toxic user on the internet.

Thank you for making a mess out of my introduction topic but at the same time, no thank you for all the Online Falsehoods, Cyberbullying (which obviously had no material effect but instead, backfired upon yourself), and Internet Trolling.

Wrapping Matters Up

• Stand firm and say no to Online Falsehoods, Cyberbullying, and Internet Trolling.
  • Report malicious users to the respective authorities if their activities appear to have violated Community Guidelines.
  • Never feel threatened or coerced into disclosing confidential or sensitive information over the internet (unless legally required to do so by the rule of law).
  • Be mindful not to make false allegations (without providing legible supporting documentary evidence) over the internet against another internet user especially when you have not even met the person in the real world.
  • Determination of Sharpe Ratio / Risk of Ruin is not a requirement to become a Consistently Profitable Trader.
  • Always remember to maintain discipline by following your Trading Plan, manage your Risk with Stop Loss Order, and ride your Winners.

On a Side Note
I would like to welcome all community members to join me in the EUR/USD (Fiber) topic where we can share our analyses and perspectives about the most popular currency pair in the world.

Welcome and thanks for being respectful. Happy to see if I can learn anything from you.

1 Like

Great intro bud. It’s so good to hear your experience & strategies.

1 Like

Awesome. Also pretty cool that you already have a strong background in finance! :slight_smile: How’s Singapore doing these days btw?