Full-Time Trading Realism. What You Truly Need To Be Full-Time?

So! I read all the responses here and didnt notice there were so many. It was all a great read! So to respond so some things:

This entire post was an amazing read and truly answered my question with full realism! Thank you. I get a full picture of what you believe one would need for fulltime.

mmm, I guess he doesn’t? But more so just a route he would enjoy to have I suppose. What other route would he be able to take?

Just to explain. I am not Jack. haha. Jack is just a hypothetical character created to make the question easier to answer.
Although, obviously, I personally would love being a fulltime trader persay. But this was asked purely out of curiosity. I am in no way a real version if Jack, and none of his characteristics are based off of mine.

Enjoyed the rest of this post though! Another very realistic input that kinda explains what someone would truly need. Thank you!

This made me think and made a lot of sense. Thank you for your input! The idea of going from demo, to live, to part-time to full-time makes a lot of sense and seems to be a very smart idea of slowly growing into the position. Thanks for the read.

I’m assuming jack again, is very aware of how trading works and can do it efficiently. Therefore, He is mentally strong since trading is obviously mentally based as well. So yeah, he wouldnt have a problem with 50-60 swings. That in itself isnt an issue until its an issue.

Generally a good post to read aswell. Another realistic input. Insurance and tax are all important to think about too. Thanks!

OVERALL!

I loved all the posts I’ve read. Seeing what one would truly need whether it be backup capital, mental strength, knowledge on tax and insurance, all of it really keeps me and maybe any other “Jacks” out there grounded! Thanks. I’ll read new posts to see everyone’s oppinions.

-Zhadow

2 Likes

Passion in chasing one’s personal dreams is one of the most powerful forward drivers of the human race - traders just have to do it with both feet on the ground! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

U r Very much right, one has to trade at least for a year to understand his potential