Further learning material

Hi all
not sure if this was asked before or if theres a hidden corner in BP which suggests further study material, but im interested to learn more stuff and more in depth. BP is great as a starter but now i want something ‘more’.

i’ve been searching ups and downs for some new self learning material but not sure what would be my best bet. I’ve come across a couple of books at the library but they’re mostly all the same, just an intro of how market/forex works, what is leverage, money mng, candle stick patterns and indicators.

preferably if you suggest something it would be great if its something that you read/watched and have first hand experience on, so you know that it worked (at least for you). Also ideally one which introduces some strategies within real world not just theories towards the perfect text book model charts which occur once in a decade.

tnks in adv.

“The Ultimate Trading Guide” by HIll, Pruitt, Lundy
Old book, but covers a lot of TA that was around up to and through the 80’s and 90’s and goes further steps beyond the usual “what is the market. what are price bars”. It’s hard to find a modern book which covers a lot that’s like this. Most new books these days seem to be ads leading to some site or services.

“Mind over Markets” or “Markets in Profile” by Dalton
Market profile explained. Not necessary, but some like it and good to be aware of.

or a free site of chart techinicals: (Tips on Technicals: Barchart.com Education)

2 Likes

You can also build your trading skills with free online courses or open a virtual account to practice your skill.

Oof that book is pricey! Will bookmark though. Sounds like a good book to have as one’s foundation and also reference in the future.