FXCM how can you do cheating

Hi DD,

Yes, it’s possible to remove the 20-symbol restriction on Trading Station. To do so, please send an email to <[email protected]> referencing your account number and request that the 20-symbol restriction be removed from the account. Keep in mind though if you have a slower internet connection that this means more price data will be sent to your computer every second.

Jason

Happened again.
The FXCM staff here explained a lot here. Of course I know your explanation.
But I also opened the same trade at a HONGKONG Broker. SAME ENTRY SAME STOPLOSS, 30PIPS . when the stoploss happened last week, the HONGKONG broker was exactly 30pips as I set before. BUT FXCM again slipped to 60PIPS.

HOW CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT? I NEVER MET SUCH PROBLEM AT THE HONGKONG BROKER.

just don’t believe their lies, they told me same stuff last year when my account had weird stuff going on like that. i compare to alpari uk and tell them there was a big difference and they just play dumb. crooks and liars, go to a real broker as quick as you can is my advice!!!

And said broker would be?

You are saying - FXCM exposes the investor to the risk that the order may never fill even if the stop price is reached because of it’s stop loss order execution model.

On one hand FXCM drums their No Dealing Desk gig and on the other hand limits it’s advanced stop order type choices to protect against no fills in a No Dealing Desk environment.

That’s retail trading, I guess.

Hi Schelee,

I will be happy to look into this for you as I did with your previous questions. So that I can investigate, please provide me with details about what happened. What currency pair were you trading? What price was your stop order set at and when did it trigger?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Minotaur,

I’m afraid you have misunderstood my earlier post. In fact, it is precisely because a stop order will always be filled that slippage is possible. An order can only be filled at a price that is currently available in the market. If slippage was not a possibility with stop orders, then you would run the risk of a stop order not getting filled at all. Instead your trade would remain open and risk further losses.

Let’s go back to the example I provided of how the price of GBP/USD gapped after the Non-Farm Payrolls announcement on at 8:30 am New York time on March 8th, 2013:

[B]GBP/USD dropped from 1.50361 to 1.49972 in one tick. Yes one tick![/B] That means there were no quotes quoted by the liquidity providers in between those prices. If you had an order to sell GBP/USD at 1.5020, your order would not have been filled at 1.5020 because there was no quote at that price from a liquidity provider offering to buy when you wanted to sell. You likely would have been filled at the next available price around 1.49972. If the trade had remained open, it would have lost even more money, because GBP/USD continued to drop even further as can be seen in the minute chart below.

FXCM isn’t deciding to fill or not fill at certain prices; your orders are filled based on liquidity and where there is liquidity on the other side of the transaction to fill your order.

By “advanced order type choices” I think you are referring to our Market Range feature. Keep in mind that slippage works both ways. If you have a limit or take profit order, and the price gaps in favor of your trade, then you will get filled at the more favorable price which is trading in the market. This is called positive slippage or price improvement. The stats below that FXCM clients receive price improvements on limit orders just as frequently as they receive negative slippage on stop orders.

Our Market Range feature allows our clients to minimize negative slippage and maximize price improvements when placing market orders. That is the reason why you’ll notice from the stats above that FXCM clients receive price improvements more often than negative slippage when placing market orders to open or close trades.

Jason

Minotaur

just a quick question - did you change from fxcm - what was the outcome of all these problems