Gain capital regulation

If I was to us gain capitals sister company as a broker( which this forum won’t allow me to write there name in here) could I trade gold even though I’m a US resident and I believe there home base is in NJ. Thank you

Your question is not very clear. Maybe try putting it differently.

It seems as though you’re asking about City Index, which is one of two retail forex trading brands operated by GAIN Capital, with the other being FOREX.com.

If your only residence is in the US, then you cannot trade through City Index, since they are not licensed by the CFTC.

You can trade through FOREX.com which offers gold trading to US residents, but only on their proprietary trading platform (not on MT4), and only without leverage.

That means if gold is trading at $1900 per ounce, then you would need at least $1900 in your account for every ounce of gold you trade with FOREX.com US.

If you have a residence outside the US, then you could open a trading account as a non-US resident with FOREX.com UK, City Index or numerous other brokers which offering gold trading with leverage.

I also do have a residence outside the US but all my bank accounts are in the US could I use my address to open an account with let’s say FXCM and link my US bank account to it. Thank you

It is very difficult to find a U.S broker that offers gold trading with reasonable leverage. My suggestion would be to create another profile. If you have a relative or friend you trust in other countries, you can affiliate their account to trade more.

If one of my relatives in a different country creates an account could they still use my US bank account

You can link your US bank account with any of the offshore brokers.

Every time I try to open an account with let’s say a UK broker they say I can’t because I’m a United States resident. I have relatives in Germany that can open an account with one of the UK brokers, but I don’t know if I can link my American bank account to it. If I do will they catch on because because of my IP address.