Gaining Capital

Hi traders, Happy new year to you all and here’s to the trading year we all need and deserve.

I would like to ask a few questions based off of gaining capital, I am full-time trading but struggling to pay my bills because my capital isn’t big enough on my account, I am trying to get investors to start my investment and mentor-ship company but it’s just not going to plan.

I got laid off of my job due to not enough work for some of us in the company, this means that the apprenticeship I was in means I cannot complete it now meaning full-time trading is now my occupation. I’m successfully trading but just need more capital and I’m trying to get this company to work but due to being in the financial sector with no capital to produce a good portfolio nobody wants to invest. If anybody has any suggestions I would be more than grateful as trading is such a big passion of mine and I want to help as many people as I can in the process.

Kind Regards - Brad

There’s no real ‘nice’ answer to this, apart from get your priorities straight and find a day job until you have enough capital to open a trading account.

Relying on income from this not the way forward - and it certainly won’t help emotionally.

Thanks for your Prompt reply! I completely agree that a day job would be the perfect scenario but after 12 months of searching, there is just nothing about that I can truly place my trust in, and not to mention that the places that are full-time jobs where I live all require a degree in something or another. Retail is full where I am due to all of the students. I’m not worried emotionally for the most part as I truly believe that as long as I’m happy where I am no amount of money will change that :D, I am super lucky that my girlfriend and family are very supportive and are all emotionally stable!

Well, that’s always a bonus.

My point is that you mentioned that you can’t afford to pay your regular bills - that’s not a stable position to be in whilst trying to trade, this is where I was linking emotions coming into play.

On a side note, I actually went university to use the student loan to fund my account whilst working weekends to pay the usual ‘food’ bills.

If you’re really hungry to make this work then you’ll pick up any job to help fund that account of yours, not to mention a back up plan (day job) is smart should sh1t hit the fan.

3 Likes

Bacon, solid advice

what about lyft or uber? I have a friend that makes well over $400 a week just driving with uber. It’s a nice way to make some extra income

Thanks for the reply but where I live in the UK we don’t have any of those lol

1 Like

sorry about that, I didn’t know you were in the UK lol