GBP/JPY Equity Building Profitable trading strategies

What currency do you have your account in? If USD,what are you doing to to protect your profits?
Of course, all these rumours are unsubstantiated and we have nothing to be worried about, as our government would tell “We, the people” about radical directions that they are considering! HMMMMMMM, I am thinking that it may be time to re-read the Constitution to see if I have any rights.

I too trade in USD, though i am canadian, as it was not so long ago, i rember the CND dollar was about 60 cents US, i figured we’ll be back that way again sometime soon, so i wanted all my profits in USD… As far as protection, what choice do you have?? I mean theres the Euro, but it is open to currency meltdown as well, and now with the rumour of the pound going to rest and joining the Euro, i dont see a safe haven.

The amero will come eventually i suppose, and thats a scary thought atm…

As far as trading goes, i managed 1 scalp so far today for 50 pips, and now just sitting on the side lines, the last 2 days have been prety tough to trade.

I, too, am not building the account much this week.
139ish is a strong resistance line on the D chart. The Nov 10-25 down TL & 10 ema are proving strong resistance. D STO (8/3/3) is heading up slightly & O/S. MacD is >signal & going up (but still< H2O).

One of my banker mentors suggested that I watch E/Y for a clue to G/Y. E/Y looks like she might break up thru a rt. angle triangle for a retrace.

If G/Y breaks 139ish, and STO keeps up, may be some longs.

Fundamonals are negative for the UK (“no s**t Sherlock”) so I still think med-long term she’s going down.

I’m staying out until a more pronounced move can be discerned.

For Cdawg’s eyes only ( all others, please do not read).
Canuck,eh? What province? ( me: Ont born ) Which is correct: colour/color?:wink:

You may want to look at E/Cad ( some big $ moves for the past few weeks) and it is a buyer’s mkt.

(Cdawg, if you live in Canada, you must know my girlfriend’s sister’s husband’s friend who lives in Halifax):smiley: I got that a lot when I worked at Expo 67

'Afternoon everyone. Took a three month break from forums, and glad to come back to see everyone is doing relatively well, if a little bruised in some cases after last week. With the overlap of thinning liquidity because of the holidays and tortured market fundamentals, this is not an easy time to trade for those who are not (and for many of those who are) strafing the market for a few pips here and there.

Anyone who is familiar with the first half this thread will recall my nagging bearish sentiment through late spring and early summer, but the past several months have brought with them a far steeper JPY appreciation than I would have thought, whatever the intensity of risk aversion in the market. Nice to be on the right side of the JPY crosses when the prevailing trend changed up. Glad to see Elijah opted to play the Guppy both ways. :wink:

I’ve been spending more time blogging trades than discussing them, but I’ll definitely be checking back in more often.

I’m afraid the whole UK banking issue has to filter through the high street economy and Mr Brown’s pocket as well :frowning:
Property prices have been inflated probably to the same extend (and in London even more) as across the pond. They just started to melt down.
Officials are trying to prop up the economy with increase in a public spending but the final effect (people loosing incomes, foreclosures) is still in progress.
So after the New Year when everybody will recover from hangover and Christhmas hyper, all major trading desk will open new year budgets and plans -then it will be a time to take the trend. I don’t know the extend opf the retracement move first. Second there are some signs of $ action trying to find the bottom (they are weak and need confirmation)
If you just browse: EUR/JPY weekly shows doji, GBP/JPY weekly shows the same, EUR/JPY shows some weak form engulfing. So I may also sit on the fence for now.

Your insight was always very valuable, I’ve learnt a lot from your posts in this thread.
If this is not a terrible offence :eek:
you could post the link to the blog.
Welcome !

should have got short on the spike up but wanted to make sure she was coming down…TP at 90 pips see you in LOndon!

My unlce Richard?

Bloody gas here is less than $1.50! It wasnt that long ago up around $4.00 HEH. I bought 500,000 shares in Petro America. This alone should make me a cool million. As far as the USD going to the Amero I believe no matter what snoopes says and you bet Barack is the one to do it!

I hold my money in Gold, Silver and other valueable assets which will go up as the dollar crashes.

Mark my words next year the dollar is going to hell. USD will crash. Before it crashes in steps the ameron. Barack if he gets in, as it seems it may even though he still has been unable to produce his “REAL” original certificate of live birth> I dont care what propiganda they publish at newsmax HAH!

The consititution HAH! they are rewriting it when barack gets in, we will change from a constitutional republic to a bunch of soicalist commies!
His “new deal” will be the rawest deal since FDR’s RAW DEAL where he stole peoples gold.

I have no money :slight_smile: I have spent it all and stocked up on Goods. The services provide will be paid in Ameros matters not. My assets are in Real estate, timber, land, livestock, oil, Animal Fiber (For clothes),and in piles of what I need to survive, I hold no USD, I spend it as soon as I get it before the value of it goes down. No matter what happens I will still be able to “jip” people scalping them on guppy or yuppy or whatever other pair works best.

Oh and we are ONLY 2 states away from a Constitutional convention !!!

Yo Art: Used to be in the times of the greed god, that Eur and GDP were in sync. Now they are not. My feel is that G/Y follows E/Y so I’m looking at e/y on W and M to see if there is possible direction for guppy. What I saw today on M E/Y was 89 Xing down 144(death cross).
MacD and STO 8/40 were headed down. W appeared to me as sym triangle in down trend with MacD, STO down ( but in oversold area).

I was pleased to read “Andrew unknown” today ( had seen a few of his posts when I first started to attempt garnering info on the G/Y).My take is that he is neg on guppy in long term and was a down trend-setter waaaaay back afore the crap hit the fan in the media.
I’m still a “bear” but as Triple R, you and Cdawg have proved; you can still make $$$$$ going long.
( Art: your insights have been toooooo “spot on”,{are you sure that you do not have priviledged info, such as “the Queen’s Consort” might have}?:wink:

Yeah I have made almost as much on shorts as longs. I just locked in 22 pips on my short from 137.02. I should have sqrd it up lower but was posting here :frowning:

USD is getting killed by USD despite its USD’s appreciation against pretty much everything else major.

Welcome back Andrew, you have been missed. If you were here I would have got short a whole lot sooner for sure :slight_smile:

[B]“Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they are yours.”[/B]

Richard Bach

shorting at 137
adding longs at 136
Trend still seems to be unquestionably down.
But the bullsa re still able to run it up.

I was previously only going to short at 139 139.50 and 140
and add longs at 135.50 135 134.50 and 134.

But She is in that range in between so I had to tighten up.

Bed time soon though.

Seems she had trouble all night getting above this area. I am going to scale in somew shorts going up maybe .20 to .50 and target for 55-85 pips
In london ideal is min 55-65 and sometimes 110.

around 137.05 highest, lowest is 136.92
I spread out my TP’s going from 55 pips to 200 pips.

I am going to get a cat nap and know she is coming down by morning!

Dont copy me iognorantly :slight_smile:

Study your charts I did (study mine)

I set a TS locking in 120 pips profit on that last short from 136.92. It just sqrs up at over 130 pips.

So count the pips on those orders.

thats over 300 pips on those 4 orders.

AND my longs got triggered and I added longs at 135.50 and 135.75.

Now we will run back up into 137, isn’t it funny how London rolls? :slight_smile:

I am going to take another cat nap, I make more pips when I let the orders hit their TP’s

I think I have enough cat naps time for some coffee!

she looks like she is going to tank hard again here in a moment.

Should have held on to some of those shorts!!!

Impatience gets me yet again as LT down is for sure going to continue.

Didn’t I mention 129, once the cat really gets out of the bag
everyone is going to head for the exits…ya know what I mean?

It could be or maybe even should be true but is it?!?

“Currency Market is driven by fundamental news. News releases are
what determines the long term and short term trends of the market.
Although technical analysis has its part in Forex trading, it is
important to understand that market does not move just because a
technical breakout or a candlestick pattern. By understanding
fundamentals, a trader will have a powerful edge over the market in
the mid to long term.”

Henry Liu

Excuse my French :smiley: but this is just whole lot of crap ! I haven’t read such an inflated statement about trading for ages. I know, there is some simple psychology behind him. Nobody care what he says and thinks so obviously he must come up with something like a gross baloney.
So then we can start to throw our shoes on him

Henry Liu, who the hell is he ???
Does he want to convince me to trade the news ? Good way of getting wipsaw and have your phone calling you with a margin.
Most of the successful traders I know (if not almost all of them) are ignoring the news in their planning or use them to get out with profits or cut the loss only.

…week also is: range will eat your profits, leave you frustrated with trading and will take your time. This has been going on for a few days. I know, every range will brake to the topside or the downside. The only thing is time, with Christhmas Hype and volumes thin like an March ice on the frozen lake this may not happen until after New Year. I left her today doing her mad dance and set my radar on other pairs.
Closed a few longs in Cable and getting ready for short, closed my longs in Euros and longs in Loonie - this all looks too suspicious. I know Euro managed to close above falling trendline from mid July on D (not mention 50 EMA), but 38.2% resistance offers good roofing, if it breaks it convincingly enough - some turn in sentiment is in the cards. But this seems to be now only delusion and wishful thinking.
I’m getting ready to ride down this lazy cows :smiley: (Cable, Euro).
The risk is related to bail out plan, so I may just open half of normal units and see what happens next. I think that a cut rate has been a man behind the curtain of current Euro run. These are just my baloney analysis.:wink:
Please take with a good pinch of salt.