GBP/JPY Equity Building Profitable trading strategies

still no reason not to fade the top @DR2 and hold.

no comment :Þ

Glory days, flat GU again, closed 1000+ orders short this week already.

1 Like

There you go, patience is a virtue :slight_smile:
Btw, waiting for tomorrow morning - retail sales - good chance of more negativity.

that was a heck of a fall considering only a miss on UK CPI of .2% EG as expected ran back up into a nice range.
Also smoked USDCAD today :slight_smile:

here are a few of those usdcad longs :slight_smile: 20 orders (400 pips gained in one second) closed in profit IN ONE second was quite fast and hard :slight_smile: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Aye the miss was small, there has been a sense lately that UK interest rate rises may stall - hence the performance of the FTSE yesterday - it outshone the Europeans.

Retail sales today has the potential to add a little more downward pressure, but early days.

Well Retail Sales lit the fuse.

Edit: for perspective:

LONDON (Reuters) - Bank of England Governor Mark Carney on Thursday dampened widespread expectations for an interest rate hike in May, pointing out there were also “other meetings” this year

https://f.bpcdn.co/original/3X/1/4/14d8276b1f737a70c79daeb69ff1e27bfe9ff5b8.png still holding short, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

be checking out that EURMXN its a short in this area, selling above 23.00 holding +++SWAP

time to sqr up those GBPUSD shorts eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

time to enter long ahead of daily demand and on down :Þ

1 Like

Perhaps little push on down up ahead, seems easier - see the specs have folded on their longs, Carney getting the blame.

there is no right way, there is only up or down…

Weekly demand (buying) :smiley:

I guess I need to maybe start using some stop losses? this DD is killing me?

39 days live trading, not going so good, terrible average win! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow did it tooks 10 years to achieve this? There are 4,000 post OMG I want your result but I want to skip reading all the text! How is it even possible. Is this just some kind of back testing?

no actually thats live current account. and sadly it took more than 10 years :frowning:

thats now: and you can check it at myfxbook: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/rrram2/s-v/2676350
which is slow updating sometimes, but eventually they tally it all up exactly right.

1 Like

you were right I believe 10 years are worth better than $800 profit.
did you dive into gambling strategy like the reverse martingale?
say you tossed $1 and make $2, you then tossed your $2 and you won $4, you then tossed $4…$65,536…$16,777,216…

I think it make sense when you have a strict win rate.

I appreciate the discord but I don’t use it.

this is only about 40 days of live trading, struggling to hold on to 99% winners, and DD is a little low, but all is well. I moved this journal type stuff to the new journal thread at Rrram² Fx Fitness Journal

1 Like