GBP/JPY Sell Recommendation Issued @159.40

[B]LOOKING TO SELL INTO RALLIES; DEEPER SETBACKS SEEN AHEAD[/B]

[B]GbpJpy:[/B] The bearish outside day on Wednesday, after posting fresh 2009 highs in overbought territory, now warns of deeper setbacks ahead and we would expect to see a pullback to retest the previous trend highs from early April by 151.55 at a minimum, before considering the possibility of bull trend resumption. As such, any intraday rallies back above 159.00 today are viewed as excellent opportunities to establish counter-trend short trades. A closer look at the hourly chart below shows some solid internal resistance by 159.20, with some additional resistance in the form of the 78.6% fib retrace off of the latest moves by 159.45. We will look to use this zone as an entry for our short trade today, if given the chance. [B]Strategy: SELL @159.40 FOR A 154.00 OBJECTIVE, STOP @162.10. Recommendation to be removed if not triggered by NY close (5pm ET) on Thursday. [/B]

[B]Written by Joel Kruger, Technical Currency Strategist for DailyFX.com
If you wish to receive Joel’s reports in a more timely fashion, e-mail [/B][B][email protected][/B] [B]and you will be added to the [/B][B]“distribution” [/B][B]list.[/B]

Joel Kruger publishes 6 daily pieces:

[I][B]“Tech Talk”[/B] – A Daily Video Highlighting Technical Developments in the Overnight Session of Trade. [/I]
Monday-Friday (between 5:30am-6:30am EST)

[I][B]“Morning Slices”[/B] – Morning Overview using Fundamental, Technical, Flow, and Quantitative Analysis (Includes “Trade of the Day”).[/I]
Monday-Friday (between 6:30am-7:30am EST)

[I][B]“Indicator of the Day”[/B] – [/I][I]A Feature Report that Highlights our Most Significant Technical Indicator of the Day. [/I]
Monday-Friday (between 8:00am-9:00am EST)

[I][B]“Cross Country” [/B]– A Midday Fundamental Update, along with Technical Analysis of Selected Cross Rates. [/I]
Monday-Friday (between 10:30am-11:30am EST)

[I][B]“Scandi Daily”[/B] –[/I] [I]A Specialized Daily Fundamental and Technical Overview of the Nordic Currencies. [/I] (This report is only distributed through email. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to be added to distribution.)
Monday-Friday (between 11:30am-12:30pm EST)

[I][B]“Daily Classical”[/B] – A Daily Technical Overview of the Major Currencies. [/I]
Monday-Friday (published between 2:00pm-3:00pm EST)