GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

closed @ 2.3701 for 21 pips

Yeah this pair u can play either way as long as u time it right.
When I closed the short I thought about going long right there but I didnt lol.

Iā€™m long at 2.3725.
Quite a profitable week so far on this pair

[QUOTE=eddieb;717684]Iā€™m long at 2.3725.
Quite a profitable week so far on this pair[/QUOTE
Its by far a good pair to trade.
Got to give props to pipmehappy for starting thead and everyone else that keeps thread alive.
Its make the day go by quicker and enjoyable:D:D:D:D

[QUOTE=eddieb;717684]Iā€™m long at 2.3725.
Quite a profitable week so far on this pair[/QUOTE
Its by far a good pair to trade.
Got to give props to pipmehappy for starting thead and everyone else that keeps thread alive.
Its make the day go by quicker and enjoyable

I agree itā€™s the thread I keep checking back on to see whatā€™s happening. Very good.

Also back in and long at 2.3726

Thanks everyone and well doneā€¦

I got 78 pips but through FTSE100 and Kiwi-Yenā€¦

Holding long GBP/NZDā€¦

UK Retail/sales data due at 9.30amā€¦

Good luck!

The trading range is tightening up recently, almost as if its waiting for a major event to stimulate it one way or the other.
If you havenā€™t already seen Pipmehappyā€™s recent video, now might be a good time.
Happy pip hunting

Yes, Eddie, it is clear as day that the tightening range is screaming for a breakout. . .

We are at a global crossroads through several asset classes: commodities (see crude oil approaching that 40 level), currencies (the US dollarā€™s battle with that 12,000 level), equities (the S&Pstruggling to hold on to 2,000 and unable to make new highs), all point to a lack of conviction.

The world looks up at Yellen as the central bank chief of one of worldā€™s largest economies: clearly, she has the power to change the course of financial history.

Opened a 2nd long position at 2.3663.

Currently meeting some resistence at around 2.36200, hopefully will bounce back some time soon

Hey pipmehappy,

Are you still holding your gbp nzd trade?.

Been working away from home today with no wifi or reception so been dipping in and out of this today. It loves a big drop eh?.

Hi Shy,

ah, well, you have done well by this pair, so take is as a small break from all the excitement!

After some thinking over, and re-thinking over, my positions (which are all long-term) are now set, as follows:

LONG:

1. GBP/NZD (from 17th July at just under 2.40);

2. US(Crude) Oil (from 19th August at just under 43.00);

SHORT:

1. FTSE(UK)100 (from 20th August at under 6,400);

2. EUR/GBP (from 17th July at under 0.70).

I now intend to just sit on these trades for several months, and introduce trailing stops of several times

the monthly ATR, although that is yet to be determined: central bank rate decisions in September will

be the key to how I will manage these trades.

What other instruments (or asset classes) are you trading, if any?

Yeah I been watching this thing range for a bit now and waiting for a major break. I my Doch channels get any thinner they will be anorexic:18:

[QUOTE=ā€œPipMeHappy;717949ā€] Hi Shy, ah, well, you have done well by this pair, so take is as a small break from all the excitement! After some thinking over, and re-thinking over, my positions (which are all long-term) are now set, as follows: LONG: 1) GBP/NZD (from 17th July at just under 2.40); 2) US(Crude) Oil (from 19th August at just under 43.00); SHORT: 1) FTSE(UK)100 (from 20th August at under 6,400); 2) EUR/GBP (from 17th July at under 0.70). I now intend to just sit on these trades for several months, and introduce trailing stops of several times the monthly ATR, although that is yet to be determined: central bank rate decisions in September will be the key to how I will manage these trades. What other instruments (or asset classes) are you trading, if any? [/QUOTE]

Hello,

I only trade currency at the moment usually my main pair is pound dollar but after a few weeks ranging decided to ease back on it and watch for a break. Also eur/usd and eur/gbp. After following your thread for a short time I decided to look into gbp/nzd and Iā€™m currently long and in the red and hovering above my stoploss on this pair. (Which is why I was wondering where you sat on this pair!)

I aspire to have the kind of knowledge that you clearly have of the markets and aim to make this 75-80% of my income in years to come but for the moment I also focus on running my day to day business which I aim to evolve over a similar period to educating myself in forex to allow myself to be more selective (and more profitable) over the projects I choose to accept. Being busy I have focused purely on fx and only a few pairs to try and keep things as simple as I can but will hopefully develop in the months and years to come an become more diverse in my trading and investments.

I have been trading with my live account for less than a year this time around although did run a live account in 2012 for a period but needed the money back out during tough trading conditions for the business. Continued to teach myself price action on demo for the next couple of years and went live again.

. I came back to babypips around a month ago. When I was trading live in 2012 I found that, although very helpful and a great community and resource, babypips was also a distraction and although I didnā€™t have any big losses or blow any accounts I tended to tread water from a profit point of view. I put this down to information overload as I tried so many new ideas i wanted to devote every second to learning and trying every aspect but I simply couldnā€™t with other business commitments. This time I purposefully stayed away until my trading was calm, concentrated and more importantly consistent. Although often read through posts.

Anyway thanks for your insights I find them very interesting and helpful, and thank you for welcoming me to your thread,( along with Eddie, money, 3 and the rest) I hope to be of use in the not so distantā€¦

All the best,

Shy.

Its good your here we can always learn no matter how long been trading.
New insights things we may have gotten away from. Im a firm believer that we can always learn and continue to evolve with the markets.

[QUOTE=ā€œ3xfx;717974ā€]Its good your here we can always learn no matter how long been trading. New insights things we may have gotten away from. Im a firm believer that we can always learn and continue to evolve with the markets.[/QUOTE]

I agree on the learning, but Iā€™m always cautious to try and not mislead or mis educate ( not you guys who are clearly knowledgeable in your techniques) the astounding number of new people who come through this forum. So I tend to advise/offer opinion on what I know which is experience rather than details of indicators, strategies, fundamentals etc as I donā€™t want to send anyone down the wrong path.

It amazes me the number of new posts all asking the same question. There should be a FAQ sticky thread that you need to pass before posting!.

Totally agree! It also gets me the numbers who go straight into trading without acquiring any knowledge, even from the free school, then ask idiotic questions because theyā€™re too lazy to study

Ouch.

That hurt.

Good afternoon traders (or good morning, depending on your location)!

So, without any news releases or particular catalysts, the GBP/NZD dropped a straight two hundred points, from 2.37 to 2.35ā€¦

Where to, next?

I hope nobody got too hurt by thisā€¦ SHYfx?

Ive taken the chance to go long at 2.3488ā€¦ ā€œthe only way is upā€¦ā€