GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

Me too, just shorted at 2.3998

Stopped out with teeny profit, lets see what happens when US stocks open (predicted to open 600 down)

I’m out at -100 pips. Did not take very long at all.

Let us not get too excited…

CAUTION…:slight_smile: Okay, here is why…

WE are not seeing a level higher than the 16th July, 5th August, and 12th August, all of which were ‘breaks’ (i.e. false ones)

above 2.40;

also, although we have seen the pair pushing higher than 2.40 (just), looking at this channel chart that I made last month

I see that we are now coming up from BELOW the channel, pushing against the floor:

Technical considerations like these, AND the fact that the NZD/USD (from which our Kiwi cross takes its cues) has not yet

broken that very important level of 0.65, make me think that this move is a ‘flash’ move in parallel with the Pound/USDollar

one (that we saw in the last few hours), although there are no fundamental movers that are clearly shaping these swells…

I remain skeptical, for now, although I continue to have a bullish bias on GBP/NZD.

Good luck you all!!

Went long at 2.4043 just seconds before the jump

Your patience paid off. Now you are in good profit. More than 1000 pips!!! Lock in some profits.

Great move!

Oh my GOD!!!

I am 1,111 pips up???

WTF???

Where did this monster (5m chart screenshot above, of GBP/NZD) come from???

NICE ONE!

We are going to be millionaires ;)))

I must say… I did…

I made 561 pips, just over 22 Pounds… My account size was 204 Pounds… 10% of my account added on, in one crazy move…

That is insane.

And the beast has continued to rise…

It is above 2.53!!!

WHAT…

THE…

F,???

Well done pipmehappy,

Buddha buttocks paid off.

[QUOTE=“Shyfx;718594”]Well done pipmehappy, Buddha buttocks paid off.[/QUOTE]

I hope you took some profit before it dropped again.

crazy moves in the market today! Well done pipmehappy :smiley:

China stocks just crashed. All markets broke out in the direction of the trend. Lots of people must have made some nice money now. :smiley:

Thanks everyone!

Not that it counts for anything but this crazy move also made me over 4,000 pips on my demo account (equivalent to

over 13,000 Dollars), bringing it very close, finally, to the opening balance (when I started trading it back in Sep. 2012)…

How about you, Shy? Did you dare to go long again?

Eddie, are you still alive?

I nearly had a heart attack… I am having lunch in a cafe’ and I nearly choked on my sandwich… I looked around me,

as though I was dreaming, then looked back at the screen… that monster candle… WTF?

There are no news of a third world war starting out in New Zealand… unless you heard otherwise?!?

As Kevin says, incredible moves… and I had just closed my FTSE100 short this morning for 300 pips, thinking I had done well

I had no idea.

WHat will the NYSE open bring, in a minute?

Because, at the New York open, this happened:

Jesus…

Oh yeah :slight_smile: Praise be, Buddha :))

Wowser…

I was reading about ‘Black Monday’ this morning via Katy Lien on Twitter…

but that was hours ago…

So the way it exploded on this pair seemed completely out of the blue…

The market moves in mysterious ways!

didnt get time to move my sl and price whizzed back and took me at 2.4349, not bad but could have been more.
Congrats Pipmehappy, you deserve this after the wait :slight_smile: loved your reaction

Oh yeah I smashed it,

I made over £2,500…on my demo account of £3,450.

Working elsewhere so didn’t trade. Lost out on a gbpusd.