GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

I would have missed your new video had you not mentioned it in this post. I had not seen the new thread you created where you posted the link. I’m now subscribed to your Youtube channel.

I agree with your analysis of the 2.3000 level on GBP/NZD. If this support holds, it should go on to the previous highs. It will probably hit some resistance at the 2.3500 level.

My economic calendar does show Governor Wheeler’s speech coming up later today, as well as some news from AUD a few hours later. News tomorrow from China but no time is given. Note that BOE’s Gov Carney is talking tomorrow and it is listed as a red 3 mark event.

Hey Yohec,

thanks - I just replied to you on YouTube!

I did not know when Carney was talking (I heard he was), so thanks for the tip!

Yes, 2.35 is the next point…

The uptrend took a beating between September and October, but we are now resuming the

movement, which is part of that bigger uptrend from April… In the bigger scheme of things,

then, one-to-two months as a correction period of a larger trend is not such a big deal.

:slight_smile:

Hello traders!

Here is my live commentary this evening of Gov. Wheeler’s and Asst. Gov. McDermott’s

press conference tonight, 8.05pm, and the effect on NZD/USD and GBP/NZD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmKmTTnc-rc
Enjoy!

It is trying but it just can’t hold above 2.3200

Yes, Yohec, good evening!

We have been under 2.32 for the last 23 trading days (so, if you add weekends, that would be nearly a calendar month)…

It means two things, to me (just my subjective take on this):

1. 2.30 is fairly secure;

2. 2.32 is strong and needs a fundamental push to get past it.

You may remember that the 3rd November was a big down day for NZD/USD due to low dairy prices at the

Global Dairy Trade in Auckland; the next one will be on 17th November, that is next Tuesday, so a third consecutive

down-turn for global dairy prices at this auction could really be the thing that pushes NZD/USD below 0.65 (and that

would be a big boost for GBP/NZD) - see https://www.globaldairytrade.info/

For now, we must sit tight… remember those ‘Buddha buttocks’ I used to talk about? :))

Good luck.

Hello traders,

GBP/NZD has broken past 2.32 through the Asian session last night, and it did so for the first time since the 4th November, when it swung to 2.34 before crashing down the next day on a dovish tone from the Bank of England.

This time there is nothing scheduled for the rest of the week that can disrupt the pair’s overall uptrend resumption, bar unforeseen capital flow toward the Kiwi (unlikely).

With the US markets reopening after Veterans’ Day, added liquidity should provide better fuel to feed this (and other) trends.

It looks like the next trouble area on the move up will be the 2.3400 level. After that, it should be a clear shot all the way to 2.4000. Note how these levels are spaced about 600 pips apart.

Of course, news from the UK or NZD could easily derail this train.

Absolutely, Yohec…

As we speak, the pair has broken with ease past both 2.32 and 2.33…

GBP/NZD was never on my watch list but I had a peruse through this thread & EddieB’s Balls of Steel one the other day. I watched the charts a wee bit, tested the water & have made 10% gains in 2-days.

I think that it might have a permanent place on my charts now.

Good work here guys, especiallly you, PipMeHappy - keep it up!

Here is the link to a Correlation Tool I found.

https://www.mataf.net/en/tools/01-01-correlation

Thanks Baz, and Yohec…

I use this:

Currensee | OANDA fxTrade Canada

I like that tool from Oanda. But does it only correlate the pairs against EUR/USD? Is there a way to correlate GBP/NZD vs. NZD/USD, for example?

You just click on the pair (on the left hand side) that you want to be the chief pair, and then everything

else gets measured against it…

Oh, so difficult, no wonder I couldn’t figure it out. LOL.

I actually have an account with Oanda. Maybe I should check the tools that they have available. I only use the Oanda account to live test new strategies and systems using very small position sizes. I don’t want to put too much money at risk trying new things.

Thanks for the help.

Now it is struggling to break past 2.3300.

Here’s my interpretation & please remember, I’ve only just started looking at this currency pair.

I did it on my iPad, switched to another app briefly & went back to edit the Fib levels & the chart had reset to EURUSD so I lost it, thankfully I managed a screen grab before hand though so it’ll have to do the job.

…who knows why…

… If this were not a false move, it would be a major breakthrough…

My order missed the low of the day (so far) by 1-pip, one single God damn pip. I got in at 2.3264 on the 5mins chart off the 20EMA & I’m sitting pretty with profits locked in.

My current problem is SL placement: do I stick it just below 2.34 or give it space to breathe & go for below the 50% Fib (5mins chart again) which is in line with a previous high? I’m currently at the latter but obviously if the move doesn’t hold, it would be better at 2.34. The 20EMA looks like it will line up with 2.34 so we’ll see how it reacts in the next 30mins or so.

I am loving this pair though.

Current ATR (average true range) for the pair sits at 270+ pips on the daily, and 24 pips on the 5m…

It depends on your average trading time (how long you keep trades open)…