GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

[B]…Past 2.03… [/B]

Hello traders!

Finally the speculators (non-commercial) have gone net-short overall on the Kiwi Dollar - data here courtesy of Oanda’s Forex COT graph:

If you actually look at the source data, that is, the CFTC’s COT data, you will see that the turn to Kiwi net-short happened because of a big increase in short positioning from the institutional/asset manager side, because in fact the leveraged funds side has decreased its short positioning and greatly increased its long positioning:

Will the Kiwi follow down under the influence of such positioning?

GAPPED UP AND HEADING FOR 2.05!

What a start to the Brexit week for this Pound pair!!!

2.06 …

Amazing…

Not impressed pip me happy , i see you been claiming the down yourself after i returned when i saved your but? now i see a thread you supporting bob, are you bob?

Very disappointing.

What are you talking about? I am sorry, your post makes no sense! Saving my but(t)…from what? Who is ‘bob’? What is ‘claiming the down’? I really struggle to make sense of what you are saying… Try again, please.

That bob guy who bags everyone including me. I seen you agreeing with his post, maybe I got it wrong don’t worry about it all good happy days this morning for me

Which post?

I agree with most of what he says, because he is a no-nonsense type of person and I like what he represents…a normal guy trying to trade forex as well as having a day job…

…Pound spikes up across the board,

and on this pair it pops 125 pips in 40 mins.,

poking above 2.07…

Frankfurt open is just coming…liquidity may

promote further gains…

Fingers crossed…

I imagine you may already be in, Eddie? Yohec? Baz?

I am not currently in GBP/NZD, I already have enough exposure to GBP. Last week I entered GBP/AUD long and EUR/GBP short. I have already taken partial profits and am still holding positions with good profits secured by SL.

Nearly 1,300 pips down in four hours…

Currently loitering around 1.9360…

I’m pretty busy with work & the wife has me landscaping the back garden so with the Brexit, I thought it was the perfect time to take a break from trading (I just didn’t have the time for it).

Now with the result, I’ll let the sand settle & I’ll get back to it come July - assuming the wife’s list of jobs allows.

A normal person finds out the result from the news, I found out with a brief look at GBPUSD on the MT4 app as soon as I woke up. Nearly 1,800 pips south before moving back up a bit.

Hello!

So will Sturgeon call for Scoxit?

Aberdeen was for remain… Interesting times …

Ftse dropped 500 points in a flash and it was over with… Welcome ro automated stock markets…a new world

At this point in time, I’d expect another Indy vote but the dust is still to settle so it’s a waiting game.

I wasn’t planning trading at all this week but I’ve had a few trades. Currently long GBPNZD, playing it safe with a smaller position & a more achievable 1.9000 TP.

Nice one, Baz… My target is far, far away on this pair…
Rajoy said No to Scotland…

Nobody knows how this whole mess will be resolved…

Grexit first, then Brexit…

Oh well

I don’t even think that the term “mess” is anywhere near doing the situation justice.

I’m just using Fibs to jump in to a trade & just getting out at the previous high. Safe & this far, successful trading but it feels wrong as usually I’d be looking for a fair extension but it’s just too uncertain for my reigned in tolerances.

The landslide was on Friday, I feel that we’re still scrambling on loose rocks trying to find out footing on solid ground (ie. a true value for the GBP).

Agreed 100%… This is the crux of the matter, which we are all eager to see resolved, one

way or another (I hope to the upside, needless to say).

It looks like this pair dropped three hundred pips in the last hour…

the reason being that Carney said the BoE will have to do additional ‘easing’

this summer…

I am so bored of playing this game haha

I was away from the charts but got out at break-even.

Having not had time to trade much recently, now that I have the time, I may very well just sit on my hands for the next week or so & then come back to it again. I think everything will be up in the air for quite some time :frowning: