GBP.USD & EUR.USD - Proof of Profits Verified

Yes Henry, that’s exactly the purpose of this thread… :thinking:

Apologies - I didn’t see guys like @midwest were following - these sorts of gains are right up his street.

No problem Jafooly

Anytime Ramm.

lol, where have you been, you went off the radar?

thought you got caught out in the JPY flash crash

GBP.USD Potential Opportunity Approaching

Thoughts on a short at 1.3030 - looks a little too tempting

1 Like

@BaconSandwich I wouldn’t touch it, but that also may be because my analysis style is different than yours.

GU has been marching higher since December, and now you have a massive bullish engulfing bar. I don’t think you would want to trade against that.

I’m looking into this as well. I was looking for a short earlier, until that bullish engulfing happened. You could get in on a pullback possibly

But, like @krugman25 stated, I’m not sure what your trading style is. But you could possibly grab some quick pips on the pullback

@krugman25, agreed it’s a strong bull signal, however a move down to 1.2900 could be on the cards from a technical point of view - then again i’m an advocate of the 50% retraces / pullbacks.

Hmmm lets see how it plays out - not the most stable of pairs to trade recently either.

also, I look to the dxy chart to determine how the US pairs will play out. Right now, the dollar is looking like it wants to go down

1 Like

Say it isn’t so. I need a pullback in the precious metals sector. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Looks can be deceiving, the USD is going to reverse, just not yet but soon and the GU did in fact descend.

The DXY weight alpha is is a plus 7.28 and rapidly approaching the 97. resistance zone.

You heard it here first. 10 lots all in.

1 Like

Super analysis. I find this situation relatively common on Forex. EURUSD is in channel since November last year without a clear sign on any actual direction. In such situation many traders might jump into conclusion regarding near term trend direction. One should be careful

Hey - really short on time as talked about in the chat room.

Here is week 8 of 52 - Order Details - Entry, TP and SL

As always 2% of the account balance has been risked per trade - in both currency pairs this is equal to 0.47 standard lots given the current typical ADR.

I will comment on these if they get triggered this week, the outcome and the reasoning behind them.

As soon as I’m back in the UK and home I’ll start to run this thread as intended. Thanks!

Edit - the account linked here also includes some discretionary trades and is not isolated to only these trade calls. The linked account, all be it a demo account is a live feed to my own personal account.

Please understand why you may see some trades which are not even mentioned here - I trade in real time and take opportunities should I see them!.. Even if I do end up being wrong!

2 Likes

Week 8 of 52 Update

So we still have the two pending orders open - one in GBP.USD and the other in EUR.USD. The pending order in EUR.USD is looking likely to be triggered if we can maintain the push.

Here is a summary of the two open orders:

Today saw the close of an array of long positions which I placed in GBP.USD - these were held for up to two weeks and have all been closed off for just over a 20% gain on account. You can see these in the public account also.

You’ll notice that all of these trades in GBP.USD were using floating equity to open new positions - a tactic I will often take when looking to ride a trend, which we did for a combined 500pip profit.

Here is a snapshot of the equity curve:

Again, the spike up is due to six trades being closed today which have been built into.

I’ll update later this week if the pending orders become triggered, but so far a good start to 2019.

The first post in this thread has account and blog links.

3 Likes

Nice! That is awesome to see the big gains!

1 Like

Amazing! @BaconSandwich

Another example of your trading brilliance. I can’t wait to see how this journal progresses as the months go by.

Week 8 of 52 Update

Just got back from a dinner date (with myself, it was great company) and i’ve seen that the EUR.USD weekly order has been triggered. I also think it’s fair to say that the boat has long set sail with the GBP.USD order and this is now high and dry.

Here is the screen shot for the EUR.USD order as mentioned well before the entry was triggered.

As always we have a 2% risk on this trade and a 4% potential TP.

Nice to see a reaction at the level that was marked out - i’ve not completely lost my way. Oh, and we finally have a trade with a positive swap rate :joy::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:

1 Like