GBP/USD Spotlight: Indicator of the Day

[B]“INDICATOR OF THE DAY” - BULLISH HAMMER FORMATIONS[/B]

Most of the time in our “Indicator of the Day” piece we discuss set-ups that our forward looking to really show exactly just how powerful the use of technical analysis can be as a tool of anticipated future directional moves. So we apologize in advance for today’s indicator which has already produced the result in which it should, to negate any opportunities for a potential trade.

[B]Gbp/Usd:[/B] On Monday we saw the pair manage to continue to extend declines off of the 1.6665, 2009 highs to 1.5800 ahead of the latest bounce. The setbacks on Monday to 1.5800 could not be sustained and the result was a rally back towards and above daily opening levels to set-up a very bullish candle formation called a [B]“Hammer.”[/B] The hammer formation occurs when the market moves significantly lower after the open but rallies to close well above the intraday low. In the chart above we can see that the bullish hammer close did in fact produce a bullish result, with the market rallying into Tuesday to trade just over 1.6200 thus far.

[B]Written by Joel Kruger, Technical Currency Strategist for DailyFX.com
If you wish to receive Joel’s reports in a more timely fashion, e-mail [/B][B][email protected][/B] [B]and you will be added to the [/B][B]“distribution” [/B][B]list.[/B]

Joel Kruger publishes 6 daily pieces:

[I][B]“Tech Talk”[/B] – A Daily Video Highlighting Technical Developments in the Overnight Session of Trade. [/I]
Monday-Friday (between 5:30am-6:30am EST)

[I][B]“Morning Slices”[/B] – Morning Overview using Fundamental, Technical, Flow, and Quantitative Analysis (Includes “Trade of the Day”).[/I]
Monday-Friday (between 6:30am-7:30am EST)

[I][B]“Indicator of the Day”[/B] – [/I][I]A Feature Report that Highlights our Most Significant Technical Indicator of the Day. [/I]
Monday-Friday (between 8:00am-9:00am EST)

[I][B]“Midday Snapshot” [/B]– A Midday Fundamental Update, along with Technical Analysis of Selected Rates. [/I]
Monday-Friday (between 10:30am-11:30am EST)

[I][B]“Scandi Daily”[/B] –[/I] [I]A Specialized Daily Fundamental and Technical Overview of the Nordic Currencies. [/I] (This report is only distributed through email. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to be added to distribution.)
Monday-Friday (between 11:30am-12:30pm EST)

[I][B]“Daily Classical”[/B] – A Daily Technical Overview of the Major Currencies. [/I]
Monday-Friday (published between 2:00pm-3:00pm EST)