GBPUSD london breakout with a twist

Ello ello ello, whats going on here.

So as you can read by the title you can probably figure out what this system is about…

Im gonna cut straight through bullshit, give you the system, the numbers it has churned and win rate and so on. Ill also upload a picture of what i mean…

Anyway so, load your gbpusd chart on the 1 hour time frame, pull up the 50 ema and thats it for the indicator.
And i use this more as a guide than anything…
So if price is above 50 ema you buy, if its below you sell. Easy enough.
Now I have a session box on my chart and the session box is from 12 am till 6 am london time.
If the price is below the the 50 ema look for the low of that session and place a pending order once the 6 am candle has closed and the stop loss will be the high of the session box, vise versa if price is above the 50 ema.
Take profit is 40 pips, always 40 pips.
Risk you take is up to you, but i choose 1%.
If the box is only say 12 pips high and your take profit is 40 pips, you got your self a nice reward there.
if the box is more than 40 pips then your stop loss will be 40 pips, keeps it 1:1.
If the box is more than 60 I wont trade it.
And if my trade hasnt been triggered by the time that the london session has finished then I cancel the order.

Since January 2018, this system has raked in 57% in profits with a 52% win rate.
Not bud huh?
And to add there is still 2 months and half left of the year to go…

Ill post my daily trade everyday, starting today.

If you wanna follow then please do. If you have any questions then feel free to post em.

Cheers

3 Likes

Hi james! :smiley: Thank you for sharing your system. :blush: I also demo trade GBPUSD so I might check this out every now and then and how it fits my trading. :slight_smile: I was just wondering, why is your TP 40 pips? :slight_smile: Is the system more for short term trades? :slight_smile: Thank you so much again and welcome!

I hope I didn’t ask stupid questions. :sweat_smile:

No problem :).

Yeah this is short term trading, the longest trade is 2 days, but youll usually find out what your results will be by the end of the day.

22/10/2018 (Monday)

Trade executed,
but unfortunately my trade was closed with a loss a couple hours later.

I will now wait till the next morning.!

-1% lost.

1 Like

23/10/18 & 24/10/18
Tuesday & Wednesday

Tuesday I was stopped out unfortunately of 16 pips
Wednesday was a great run, bagged 40 pips in couple of hours. My stop on that one was 18 pips, so nice return.

Alright,
25/10/18 & 26/10/18
Thursday & Friday

There was no trade on the 25th, because i cancelled the order at 9pm AWST, which is a shame because the hour after it headed south and I would of banked my 40 pips…
Oh well, rules ares rules.

On the 26th, trade was executed but unfortunately I was stopped out at 16 pips…

The month of october has easily been the worst month of the year for this system, it has had 9 losses and 5 wins. Usually its the other way round. How ever my capital is just floating above break even for this month. So cant complain too much.

1 Like

Interesting - Always good to see a positive system - especially one which can withstand nearly 2;1 Lose /win rate :sunglasses:slight_smile:

There seems to be a shorter MA on those charts - 20 EMa ? what’s that about ?

Please keep posting - Good to watch :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply dude :slight_smile: and yeah i definitely will keep posting!
Yeah so that short ema was a mistake i didnt mean to put it on lol, ive taken it off now.
But all i follow is the 50 ema.

Cheers :smiley:

1 Like

29/10/18 & 30/10/18
Monday & Tuesday

On monday my trade was executed but unfortunately it experience a loss of 1%

On the other hand, tuesday trade was executed and hit full target at 40 pips, which was a 1.81% gain to account :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

End of the month for this system, this month took a lot more losses than usual, how ever still came up on top with a 1% gain to the account. So not too bad!
Id like to point out that this system has only had 1 loosing month this year, it wasnt even that big of a losing month, the drawdown was about -1.89% that month.
On the 31/10/18 no trade was executed, which quite frankly im not surprised. The price action was telling that gbpusd was gonna be bullish that day, and guess what? It was.
I was thinking of going long, but you know how impulse trades are like, if you take em, you most definitely will loose but if you dont end up taking them, they always seem to go your way :joy:
Plus it wasnt in the rules of the system.
Anyway, on to the new month!

Nice simple idea mate. But that’s no criticism, there’s no need to re-invent the wheel to make a car that people will buy.

Interesting October has been such a poor month for your system. This could easily be just statistical variation but I have noted this month has also been unusually poor for long-term trend-following. The obvious cause was the shock US equity markets collapse early in the period, but several forex pairs were going off-trend in September so I’m unsure if the Dow was a a cause or a casualty.

Right now I’m just putting this down to such a deep change in risk tolerance that it infected across the major market classes but it would be great to have pinned down a leading indicator. Any ideas?

1 Like

No criticism taken bud! I honestly believe that a system with too many indicator or anything of too much in that matter, will cloud your judgement. And obviously there is no holy grail.
I see it as 80% psychology and money management, 20% system.

Yeah look Im not exactly sure why this month has been so choppy… most likely because of brexit and coming up to us elections?

I mean in all honesty I dont follow fundamentals of the market as much as i would like to. I do prefer just price and techinical analysis.

Alright so new month, didnt start so well. See below

1/11/18 & 2/11/18
Thursday & Friday

I didnt take the Thursday trade due to the fact that the session box was way over 100 pips… but of course if you did end up taking the trade you would of ended up 40 pips in profit, with a 1:1.

Trade was executed on Friday but I completely forgot about nfp so I closed my position early, in hindsight I wish I closed my trade earlier, at least in profit, how ever i didnt take a full lose, ended up being a -0.83% to account.

Anyway, thats the end of this week.

Onto the next!
As always, i appreciate any feedback, questions and what not.

Cheers :smiley: