Gilas Trading Journal

Well. For what it’s worth: win or lose I’ll still be your friend.

1 Like

Win hopefully hahaha. Will visit you when I turn the 3K$ into 100K$. That’s a promise. “Itaga mo sa bato” in Filipino, which means write it in stone.

2 Likes

But I will tell you this:

Wipe out because of the adding positions strategy (let’s call it that for now) and I’ll scrape the money together for a plane ticket and come over there to kick your ar*e. And I’m a big dude!!! LOL!!!

You might be heavier than me but I’m probably taller than you. I’m 6 foot 4. And I did Tae Kwon Do when I was younger.

It’s not an adding positions strategy. It’s a tranche entry and exit strategy. Plays to normal market volatility. Damn it people who watch markets 6-14 hours a day will get it.

1 Like

I’m 5 foot 8. But for sure you’ll be faster than me!!! LOL!!!

But I’ll make a plan. Besides: hedge fund is at stake here!!! LOL!!!

Enter Vic Mackey from The Shield… :open_mouth::tired_face::laughing:

2 Likes

Busy since yesterday. Sorry haven’t updated much. Made just $235 yesterday, made $758 so far today. Still on track to hit my daily average goal of $500 a day. Will try to find time to update in more detail later.

1 Like

Crazy day. $1,332 today.

1 Like

Woke up to another $321. Soooo drunk last night, hung over now. No trading until the US session I think.

Needed to make a new fxblue account since the broker transferred my account to a new server. Can’t set up a myfxbook yet, it won’t let me because the account number is the same. Have sent them a message asking for help changing the account settings.

https://www.fxblue.com/users/pogigilas

5/23/2019 data is inaccurate. Lost $175 net that day. Made $200+ before the account was moved to a different server.

Awesome.
Tell us how to do this, and what not to do.
Appreciate it!

What a fine, hard working Filipino trader! I must say I’m impressed by your motives and funda. What is one thing you have spent big recently if you don’t mind me asking?

I don’t spend much for myself. Have not purchased anything noteworthy from my profits on myself actually. Just a few nice dinners with fily members.

1 Like

Essentially study. Read everything that seems to suit your mindset. Take bits and pieces of learning from others nd build your own system. Your system has to be tailor fit to your own mindset otherwise it will not work well. Put in the hours. Thousands of hours of practice, charting, study. Then persevere.

2 Likes

Soooo drunk. Lots of mistakes today. At one point I was stuck negative $2K. Ended the day with $875 profit. Could have made some more though but well that’s the compromise I have to make, if I’m stuck by a lot try to get the f out as soon as I can.

On a more positive note, hit $12,300+ in profits today. Over 410% overall on my initial $3K capital. I increased capital to $6K last week, so week to date profits of $2,400 is 40% :smiley:

1 Like

Yay congrats… what did you do? short/long on what pair?

You can see my trading history in my fxblue link.

1 Like

Your trade mostly in Brent and Index, any reason? is it because the low liquidity that forex has at the moment.

I trade stuff that I have a funda call/bias for, lately that has been indices and oil but only because of the trade wars and Brexit. If you look at my old myfxbook Trade Responsibly System by lawblow | Myfxbook you’ll see I trade forex pairs, oil, gold and indices. It just depends on what seems to have a story that can move the markets.

Made $425 yesterday. Woke up to Trump tweeting that he was going to impose tariffs on Mexico. Indices fell, FTSE gapped down and I closed my remaining FTSE positions for another $455. Only 8 AM here but it’s already a good day. $3,288 for the week so far, 54.8% on the $6K capital I’m now using. $13,168 since April 11, that’s 438% overall profit.