Give up medicine studies to become trader?

@insidertrading - We also asked our Facebook friends about your dilemma: BabyPips - This guy is giving up medicine to start... | Facebook

Interesting answers in there that you might want to check out. :slight_smile: (Sorry for the switch up with the avatar PipBandit!)

Don’t we all want that? Anyways, just wanting money is too less. No matter if you go for a doc or a trader. There is a price for everything. Learn to live and love to learn - then you’ll see that money is a price sensitive good. Not the trader selects to get the money - the money selects the trader where it wants to go.

Because they are trying to compete with guys like us who spend every waking moment, be the market open or closed, thinking of new ways to take their money.

On the side note, I actually applaud you for realizing this now before you go into farther in debt (assuming you have student loan,etc. If you don’t, you are one of the lucky one). I would say, why not try trading forex…You never know, maybe this is your true calling…You are not ganna know it until you try.

I come to realize that these kind of opportunity is given to everyone. No one can stop you to trade unless you do … I would say go for it…

Good-luck!!!

Who said anyone needs 100k a month? Would you not take it if you could? Everyone looks at greed as a bad thing but it is not. It can be a very powerful tool if channeled correctly.

I agree with you…we won’t be here ,as trader, if we don’t want more than we have.

It is only a bad thing when it affect other peoples life ( like ponzi-scheme). But here, we are on our own… win or loss.

I suggest to insidertrading to try it and see what happen…

I agree…

I think greed is one of those double edge swords though… A powerful motivator in some cases, but can also make you broke real fast if you dont keep it under control…

Sanj

In my experience, thats quite rare. There’s usually some underlying reason that you want the money.

I found the effort required to make money trading to be far greater than the effort required to complete a university education. I still have all of the reseach material from my PhD in a box in the attic, and looking back, the amount of effort was absolutely trivial in comparison. This is a tough way to make a living.

I dont really know many traders who are particularly motivated by money, its usually something else driving them, freedom to travel, or the intellectual challenge. I know only a handful of doctors, but most of them wanted to be doctors from a very early age, and I guess most would do it regardless of the salary.

The only advice I can give is do something you have a passion for.

It all started with that 1968 Whitman Stock Market Board Game I played as a child; who doesn’t want to trade real money after playing that :stuck_out_tongue:

No, no, this would be way too easy. Studying successfully a subject is a hard thing to accomplish. All of us who studied know this only too well. One must master difficult times to become a real (professional) wo/man who stands his/her ground when things go rough. And things WILL go rough in everybody’s life, that’s for sure!

What [B]insidertrading[/B] needs to ask him/herself is “What is it I’m really passionate about?”, “What is the real incentive for me to pursue medicine?” If the answers only lead to earning tons of money, then I strongly suggest thinking of a different subject to study or quitting university altogether. In my opinion medicine has something to do with the desire to help other people getting well again, fighting against diseases, further the subject and not earning money in the first place.

S/he can still ask him/herself, what am I going to do when I’m wealthy? What is all the money for? Buying cars, houses, going on extensive pleasure trips? Why do I want to have all this? Kinda interesting answers you get once you found answers to them.

No mate, bad idea. Finish the doctor studies first. I trade full time now, but I an an engineer. If things go wrong, you can go back to it. You can trade later. FINISH THE STUDIES !!!