Global and US Market Strong Weak Rankings

Dow Top 25,000

Great first week of year for stocks, this is a risk on trading environment

FANG stocks still very much in play, with Alibaba still leading the way

My FANG stock watch list has a new member, The Walt Disney Company , reason being Disney plans to take on Netflix for the leadership of the home streaming business, with Disney’s recent purchase of FOX Entertainment, Disney now owns 35% of all film and TV content and if Disney chooses to limit distribution of this content to there own streaming service, Netflix could see loss of subscribers. So far Nextflix stock price shows no worries of Disney but that could change in the coming year

Now I am not saying Trump should get all the credit for this rally, but we know the lying A-holes of the mainstream media would have given him all the blame had stocks been down

1 Like

My FANG stock watch list is on fire, Netflix already up over 30% this month

I am feeling better about Silver, if we can hold this move into the close I will be looking for a breakout

As the FANG stocks continue their march to take over the world, we need to keep an eye on them and own them when the setup and risk/reward fits into our trading plan. Like the Borg, resistance might be futile, but we can profit from them

Has the selling ended, or is this just a dead cat bounce. Historically after a big selloff on Monday, most of the time market will finish the week above Monday’s close

1 Like

FANG stocks lead by Netflix and Amazon look ready to lead market higher,

I have been busy and missed this text book pinbar reversal in the Gold Miners, Gold is also having a big day, Silver is up but lagging behind gold. Could this be the breakout year for metals, it is looking good so far

Walmart pulls back to key support

Walmart was at all time high just a few weeks ago and was up almost 100% over last two years, This is my “better than under the mattress stock”

The technology sector is the first of my 22 ETF’s to completely recover from the sell off earlier this month.

Let us get this thread going again, lots of action outside of FOREX so let’s dive in.

US Fed is expected to cut rates this week, I see small caps as a possible beneficiary of this move. If that holds true then my play is the Russell 2000, this major index has been a lagger this year and the only major index not to be at new all-time highs, If money starts flowing back into this index, there is a lot of upside potential here.

2 Likes

Looking at my list of 22 ETF’s I track for Market strength and weakness, if you look back a few post ago when the last time I posted this list back in February of 2018, 8 of the 10 from 2018 are still in the top 10 here in 2019. This shows what a strong and consistant trend this market has been in

How do you do that? Go thru each chart one by one and analyse by means TA or is there something else similar to strong weak ranking for currency?

weekly chart shows big selloff following the market getting exactly what they wanted a rate cut.

We have seen these selloffs before and August/September tend to be the worst months of the year for stocks so we could see more selling in the weeks to come, no reason for it to last and I will be a buyer as prices move lower

it has been a long time since we have seen a 1,000 point selloff, still 1 hour to go till closing, if we get a late rally that would be good, a close at the low will mean more selling tomorrow. This has everything to do with china

Gold and Silver major breakout moves, Stocks are down but reversing, now is not the time to panic sell

one day of trading left this week but that is a strong looking bullish pin bar we have on the weekly chart, if the market is up or flat tomorrow look for testing of old highs in the next couple of weeks