Going offshore to escape the CFTC

you need to update your list

How so? You mean with the news about SageFX? Or are there other updates you had in mind?

I recommend going through your broker list and checking where they are today. Finpro trading and turnkey forex are just two to consider, but there are many more.

If you’re referring to me re-asking all 90 brokers if they accept US/CAD traders, it would take me a while to individually go through each one.

But I can definitely re-check Turnkey Forex and Finpro Trading to see where they stand now.

Any other brokers in particular I should re-check?

1 Like

you can check their websites to start

finpro tradig has shut their doors and took client money and turn key forex have merge with coinexx

2 Likes

I can, but the majority of them don’t directly disclose that information on their website or their FAQs.

In most cases I had to directly contact them through chat support or email to get the answer I wanted.

In some cases I would see them say they don’t accept CAD/US traders on their website only to say they do once I contacted them directly.

You really have to go through them one-by-one the old-fashioned way to get the answer you want. At least in my experience dealing with them.

1 Like

Interesting. I can see that Turnkey Forex’s website is alive and well, yet you get redirected to Coinexx when you attempted to register an account with Turnkey.

Do you know roughly when the merger happened?

I don’t comment very much here, but I keep up with what others are saying on this valuable forum. GypsyTrader, getting back to your statement that you cannot find a broker that accepts deposits or withdrawals in anything but crypto, there are 4 high leverage offshore brokers that accept stable US dollars easily and quickly for deposits/withdrawals. I use Tradersway most of the time since they have the smallest spreads on their exotics. They are Tradersway, FxChoice, LMFX, and LQDFX. Of course, the first 2 are no longer open to new US traders, which is almost unforgivable, thanks to evil US regulations and bullying pressure. You regulators, feeding off the taxes from hard working Americans, most of whom are fair and decent, you should be ashamed of yourselves, sacrificing fair, decent principles to yield to the unreasonable orders from your bosses. Do you really think that is the Christian thing to do? Since every word is somehow being recorded, good luck on Judgment Day.

1 Like

a week or 2 ago

Due to Sagefx’s statement, that they no longer accept US traders, they should be removed from the list

Do they do KYC?

Good list mate. :+1:

James (Small Paul) has recommended removing Sage FX from our List.

Does anyone else want to weigh in on this question?

My list on the SteveHopwoodForex forum has been updated, as per the new information passed my way by SmallPaul.

• Finpro Trading’s defunct status since May 2022 has been noted
  • Turnkey Forex’s acquisition by Coinexx sometime in October 2022 has been noted although there are no official press releases mentioning this
  • SageFX’s disallowance of US traders into their broker has been noted, although their customer support claims it is temporary for the next two months due to “market research”. Here is the conversation I just had with their customer support agent today. Existing US traders who already have an account with SageFX are not affected by this change.

We’ll have to wait and see what happens with SageFX in early 2023. Fingers crossed their market research allows them to resume accepting brand-new American traders!

3 Likes

Well, nobody else has spoken up. So, James (alone) is calling the shots on this one.

Sage FX will be removed from our List today or tomorrow.

It remains to be seen whether Sage ever re-qualifies to be on the Offshore Broker List. If, and when, that happens, we will reconsider them, starting from scratch.

1 Like

Cryptorocket has been accepting U.S. traders again, so perhaps SageFX will follow suit in the near future.

1 Like

Small Paul is right, sagefx no longer supports US clients. There are many more that do, and I’m also waiting for that list of 90 brokers. Let me see which other brokers accept US clients that we all don’t know.

1 Like

there you go

1 Like

I agree, just had a chat with them. They said they stopped accepting US clients 3 months back and have been doing KYC. What a shame, I was just about to open an account with them. We should remove them from the list definitely.

1 Like